Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:04 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT93 View Post
Well usually they work in those areas, not actually live there unless they are live-in maids/nannies.

Is that all Illegals are to you Liberals? Little pets that you can count on to cut your grass, watch your children, and clean your house for cheap pay? Oh, and pick your food for less than minimum wage so you won't have to pay $10 for a bag of tomatos?

In other words, the misery of Illegals is the pleasure of Liberals. I fail to understand why many Liberals actually agree with 'Open Borders' considering how 'Open Borders' is literally destroying many parts of Europe. But that's another topic..
What exactly is your agenda here?

Mad because you can't afford L.A. but see "illegals" that can ????

Old 06-23-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
it is sad that you speak with no knowledge. And mostly garbage. but that is what the right wing does.
always!

Old 06-23-2017, 03:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Your attitude reminds me of Barbara Bush and her comments about the people housed in the Superdome who were living better in there than their own homes according to her.

You're a liberal? Well you sound like an elitist.

I have a cousin like that, she is very liberal until of course Section 8 housing was almost built in her upscale community outside NYC, I thought her head was going to explode.

Exactly.

You don't even live here. Again, as I said earlier there are people who do OK for themselves under the wire. They're getting paid cash for jobs and sometimes big bucks. It's not like being pregnant, where you either are or you aren't. There are many shades of grey for this situation.

There are plenty of scenarios between living on the property of the wealthy employer and 25 people in a two bedroom apartment.

I know of a couple of situations where they have actually bought homes, one is in Eagle Rock, a decent area. If you work for years in cash jobs it is possible.
I lived there for close to twenty years and kept a boat in Long Beach for another 6. I still regularly visit there.

And I also said they find a way to live. I did not define it any more than that. And our house keeper then and her husband bought a home. I believe she started out illegal but was a permanent resident in later years. I know because she traveled freely back and forth from Mexico. I know this because I arranged travel for her in a family catastrophe in Mexico. Even got her an upgrade.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:39 PM

181 posts, read 190,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
What exactly is your agenda here?

Mad because you can't afford L.A. but see "illegals" that can ????
Lol, " 80k - 175k ." I guess people who makes that range can't afford LA. But once again, another Liberal who uses emotions instead of logic.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:48 PM

181 posts, read 190,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
It's funny. I've now lived in the city limits of Los Angeles for the better part of my life and I have never had a "problem" with an "illegal".

Plenty of issues with native-born Americans and "legal" immigrants like Israelis, Armenians and Persians, but almost never a problem with the so-called "illegal" Hispanics.

I really, really hate the term "illegal" by the way. Brown indigenous people were on this continent (and hemisphere) long before Europeans, Middle Easterners and modern-day Asian immigrants (Chinese, Korean, Filipino). So to call them "illegal" is really telling of your ignorance of history and anthropology.
" So to call them "illegal" is really telling of your ignorance of history and anthropology. "

Another one getting tangled into their emotions - and as a result - resorts to name calling. Did the Europeans not conquer North America? Read some history.

How many Hispanics actually acknowledge their Indigenous ancestry? Many claim to just be Spaniard when, clearly, many are not but rather mixed with both Spaniard/Native, and sometimes African. Self hate is rampant in the Hispanic culture. No denying that.

Please stop mixing illegal Hispanics and legal Hispanics together because if you didn't know, many LEGAL Hispanics are actually against Illegal Immigration (which any race of people can be illegal in America).

Old 06-23-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
" So to call them "illegal" is really telling of your ignorance of history and anthropology. "

Another one getting tangled into their emotions - and as a result - resorts to name calling. Did the Europeans not conquer North America? Read some history.

How many Hispanics actually acknowledge their Indigenous ancestry? Many claim to just be Spaniard when, clearly, many are not but rather mixed with both Spaniard/Native, and sometimes African. Self hate is rampant in the Hispanic culture. No denying that.

Please stop mixing illegal Hispanics and legal Hispanics together because if you didn't know, many LEGAL Hispanics are actually against Illegal Immigration (which any race of people can be illegal in America).
Let me guess? You voted for the Orange Haired, NewMoney Hillbilly in the White House?

What crappy red state do you currently live in? Texas? Idaho? Arizona?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:53 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times
It's fascinating that people don't want to recognize a countries borders, the history of how they became so and why they continue to exist. Both legal and illegal people. Illegal aliens is a legal term defined by our government. I had a "green card" and it used to say RESIDENT ALIEN, in big letters across the top. Illegal aliens are not immigrants.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:

In general Hispanics approve of the illegals. Even the native born. The third generation grows closer to the general American view but Hispanics in generally are friendly towards illegal aliens.

Check out Pew. Lots of interesting stuff.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
It's fascinating that people don't want to recognize a countries borders, the history of how they became so and why they continue to exist. Both legal and illegal people. Illegal aliens is a legal term defined by our government. I had a "green card" and it used to say RESIDENT ALIEN, in big letters across the top. Illegal aliens are not immigrants.
Not true. The issue is not that illegal aliens should have been allowed in. It is what to do with those that have been here for years or even decades and have children born here.

And note much of the illegal alien entry was done at the behest of various US interest sometimes including government. And we tried to fix it once and absolutely and deliberately blow the enforcement part of the deal. And still to this day we will not make legislation that stops the employment of illegals or ID cards that would make it difficult.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:40 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,616,738 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFUFw1GH6ic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles