Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:30 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
Where are you headed doing that? Because I find your commute time to be unrealistic at best.
Lyons exit on 5 in Santa Clarita to Hollywood way exit in Burbank. 35-45 min door to door unless there is an accident. Of course three fatalities in past month made it closer to 2 hrs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 03:03 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
You can pick up your house and move it away? Amazing.
my house has shutters and a roof that can withstand Cat 5..... how's about your high rise building and an 8.0? hate to be you when the big one hits.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
my house has shutters and a roof that can withstand Cat 5..... how's about your high rise building and an 8.0? hate to be you when the big one hits.
What makes you think I live in a high-rise? Very few people in SoCal live in high rises. Would there be damage to my property (a small wood-frame house) from an 8.0? Well, would there be damage to YOUR property from a Cat 5? Yes to both. Either event would be a major disaster to our areas. It's odd that you would think you are so much better off than me.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
We can move away from a direct hit. No so much warning for earthquakes, is there?
Let's be honest, you couldn't make it in LA. Sad that you wish ill will on other Amercians.

But you're from Germany originally, not known for caring about other people.

Tampa is pretty much a dump with the exception of a few areas.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,859 times
Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena have all seen record high rent increases. Now I have no idea what it's like in Tampa. I'd recommend coming out and really explore your options. Cost of living is high here. Biggest expense is housing. Most landlords want you to make 3X's your rent. $1,500 means $4,500.

Biggest issue, be careful of online, Craigslist, scamners. If it sounds like a great deal, use extreme caution. Scammers post houses for cheap, then take a credit report, ala paypal, never can meet you. All kinds of reasons, but will mail you the keys.....

Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Is that why you got so scared over Irma? And are already saying you will evacuate next time?

Old 09-24-2017, 09:01 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Let's be honest, you couldn't make it in LA. Sad that you wish ill will on other Amercians.

But you're from Germany originally, not known for caring about other people.

Tampa is pretty much a dump with the exception of a few areas.
But he thinks Tampa is paradise.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:22 AM

266 posts, read 271,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
But he thinks Tampa is paradise.
I've spent a lot of time in Fla including Tampa, I like many parts of it especially the Ocala area, but I will take my little spot on the Strand in Manhattan Beach over it anyday. At least the ocean isn't mean to us like the Gulf or Atlantic Ocen in the Southeastern coastal areas.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:34 PM

626 posts, read 625,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Lyons exit on 5 in Santa Clarita to Hollywood way exit in Burbank. 35-45 min door to door unless there is an accident. Of course three fatalities in past month made it closer to 2 hrs
Ahhh ok so your not even getting into LA area proper, you are staying on the outskirts. So that's why your commute is so easy.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:39 PM

626 posts, read 625,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCrystal View Post
Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena have all seen record high rent increases. Now I have no idea what it's like in Tampa. I'd recommend coming out and really explore your options. Cost of living is high here. Biggest expense is housing. Most landlords want you to make 3X's your rent. $1,500 means $4,500.

Biggest issue, be careful of online, Craigslist, scamners. If it sounds like a great deal, use extreme caution. Scammers post houses for cheap, then take a credit report, ala paypal, never can meet you. All kinds of reasons, but will mail you the keys.....
That's because a large amount of the old SFH's here in Pasadena are being sold to developers to then build 2-3 houses in that one house lot. So they are buying houses with cash money and paying large $$$$ for them as well. My good friends across the street here in Pasadena sold their house in 6 days for $100k above asking price and in cash. They started low asking $637k and got a lot more than they thought they would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles