Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 08:22 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,810,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
no, please spare me I'm old enough to remember that show, it's still a painful memory
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps Emergency! was more your thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 08:40 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,563,721 times
Default Another Aggravated Assault Committed by the Homeless

Poor lady, good upstanding person, walks through an alley in the middle of the day and get brutally attacked by, already convicted on parole for violent crimes, a homeless guy living on the streets of Burbank previously from San Bernadino, now that's a interesting one he's semi local why did he end up in Burbank maybe better bennies?

I am so gawd damn tired of hearing about the plight and the rights of the homeless. Get rid of the Garcetti baskets and put a camping ban in place and take on the ACLU. LA needs to do like Culver City where no tents are allowed.

"Police in Burbank said a 63-year-old woman out on a break from work Monday afternoon was left in critical condition following a random attack in an alley.

The woman, who has not been identified, left her office in the 1400 block of North San Fernando Boulevard at around 1:50 p.m. to take a short walk, said Sgt. Derek Green, a spokesman for the Burbank Police Department.

Moments after she left, co-workers heard the woman screaming from outside. They looked out their windows to see a man attacking her in the alley.

Police said the man, who they identified as 51-year-old Hector Manuel Ulloa of San Bernardino, was seen “kicking and punching the victim numerous times,” according to a written statement."

Ulloa’s last known address was in San Bernardino, at a residence that Burbank police believe was a half-way house where he was staying on the conditions of his parole. Police described Ulloa as homeless, but it’s not clear when he arrived in Burbank or how long he’d been living on the streets.

I got compassion for the homeless let them dwell where they belong out at Slab City.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 PM

42,835 posts, read 26,594,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps Emergency! was more your thing.
Why do you do this to me

Old 07-02-2019, 09:35 PM

21,895 posts, read 16,593,842 times
Quote:
Seriously? Do I need to post the Adam-12 meme again?
Yes. Please do. Each time you post that and similar the picture of your intellect becomes more vividly clear.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
No, as usual you'll argue against anything, even to the point of blaming the typhus outbreak on palm trees.
But of course you know I didn’t, as has been made clear - oh at least a dozen times including yesterday, was it? The rational dissection of your absurd position as I provided, including using that well validated example, must still burn deeply in your mind that you keep hoping you can ridicule your way out of it.

Back to your Dale Earnhardt Hot Wheels, Exitus.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:56 AM

70 posts, read 69,449 times
Quote:
BTW, did anybody else hear John and Ken today when they interviewed somebody about the wildlife preserve in Ventura or thereabouts? Unbelievable that these homeless scumbags are traipsing around on this preserve for endangered species and crushing bird eggs, draining water from areas and doing untold damage to the ecosystem, etc. These homeless people we have are so disgusting and inconsiderate, and they think nothing of any living things other than themselves. And how pathetic that we tolerate all this. Everywhere homeless people go, there also goes disease, destruction of personal property, destruction of ecosystems, etc. Disgusting.
I think you mean drug addicts and criminals who also happen to be homeless, because a lot of them cause destruction and disease whether housed or not...I've known both housed and unhoused ones, really, it's about the same amount of chaos.

There are plenty of homeless who you wouldn't even guess are homeless, law abiding as much as they can, some with jobs.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:33 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,070,881 times
Quote:
BTW, did anybody else hear John and Ken today when they interviewed somebody about the wildlife preserve in Ventura or thereabouts? Unbelievable that these homeless scumbags are traipsing around on this preserve for endangered species and crushing bird eggs, draining water from areas and doing untold damage to the ecosystem, etc. These homeless people we have are so disgusting and inconsiderate, and they think nothing of any living things other than themselves. And how pathetic that we tolerate all this. Everywhere homeless people go, there also goes disease, destruction of personal property, destruction of ecosystems, etc. Disgusting.
Yeah. Most of them have 'checked out' on life in general and don't give a damn about the damage to the environment that they are causing. If they don't care about the eye sore they are to non-homeless people, you know they don't care about wildlife and the environment. To see the amount of trash they generate is amazing. When my mother came to visit me in July 2017, we were on Alvarado St about to get on the Hollywood freeway, north bound. The camps there and the trash made ME so embarrassed for my newly adopted city, and to have my mama from Michigan see that. She was so shocked and disturbed.

This is NOT normal! The homeless problem here is a complete travesty. There's no amount of money that can fix this if you don't have bare minimum safe shelter in place to make these people go into. Until a law is passed that sleeping in public is ILLEGAL, people will want to be homeless here in SoCal. We know this. If available, most homeless don't want shelter because there are RULES they must follow. But along with making it illegal to live on the public streets, AND have bare essentials shelter (not posh accommodations), those who want to remain "free" and homeless will have to go somewhere else!

Old 07-03-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Yeah. Most of them have 'checked out' on life in general and don't give a damn about the damage to the environment that they are causing. If they don't care about the eye sore they are to non-homeless people, you know they don't care about wildlife and the environment. To see the amount of trash they generate is amazing. When my mother came to visit me in July 2017, we were on Alvarado St about to get on the Hollywood freeway, north bound. The camps there and the trash made ME so embarrassed for my newly adopted city, and to have my mama from Michigan see that. She was so shocked and disturbed.
LOL. The homeless “generate” nearly zero trash. Trash is generated by consumer consumption ... all that crap everywhere comes from those engaged in the economy. The homeless are merely shifting some of it around from the piles left by businesses and consumers. Recent reporting has been featured in media and linked in this thread identifying that the majority of LA’s public trash comes from illegal dumping. Where the hell do you think the homeless would get the money for all those couches, chairs, tables, lamps, picnic coolers with busted lids, product packaging, etc etc etc. there are 10,000,000 people in LA county ... less than 60,000 are homeless. And those 60,000 aren’t buying much “stuff” that becomes trash.

Quote:
This is NOT normal! The homeless problem here is a complete travesty. There's no amount of money that can fix this if you don't have bare minimum safe shelter in place to make these people go into. Until a law is passed that sleeping in public is ILLEGAL, people will want to be homeless here in SoCal. We know this. If available, most homeless don't want shelter because there are RULES they must follow. But along with making it illegal to live on the public streets, AND have bare essentials shelter (not posh accommodations), those who want to remain "free" and homeless will have to go somewhere else!
It already IS illegal to camp on the streets ... but it is unenforceable unless alternate spaces are made available for people to sleep. By constitutionally based law.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:43 AM

639 posts, read 1,079,040 times
Quote:

It's not that easy to solve. Homeless shelters resemble prisons. They sleep in a big room, there are stringent rules, it's loud all the time, and there are a lot of shady people there. So a lot of homeless people greatly prefer to camp out on the sidewalks or in the parks. Various municipalities have tried kicking them out, but they just go somewhere else in the area. In California it's very expensive to find housing for so many people and the problem is just too big. So nothing changes. They just get shuffled around and despite a lot of money being poured into the problem their number is not particularly decreasing. In LA it's actually increasing.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
I hear Tulemutt has conclusive scientific evidence that the sky is green and the grass is blue. He can provide you with a list of links to peer-reviewed scientific studies which prove conclusively that the sky is green. If you look up and notice the sky is blue, this is just a rare occurrence and you just don't witness the vast majority of situations where the sky is green. If you disagree, you are a blithering idiot who relies on gut instincts and has no topical knowledge on the sky's color.
Good morning Genghis. . Obviously your frustration with me is occupying space in your head. That’s too bad.

You are off topic here, and making a personal attack. This follows your numerous other attacks and insinuations against me of being a felon, homosexual deviant, advocate for illegal behaviors, cheat, liar, and probably a couple that I’ve missed.

Here’s the thing: you have disagreed with me on many issues and points, yet have never ever even once been able to mount a factual and or logically coherent rebuttal. That’s telling. You are not required to continue this self-abuse.

Did you have some actual, factual contribution to make today? I am happy to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles