Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2019, 07:46 PM

21,891 posts, read 16,593,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't it funny how liberals seem to be experts on illegal drugs?
How do you know ShotPutFX is a liberal?

And, by the way, you know what conservative red states: W. Virginia, Missouri, Arkansas, Ohio, Kentucky .... all have in common? Ans: the highest illegal drug deaths in the nation ...

But, that said, your attempt to assign every possible evil to ideological faults is just .... stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 08:12 PM

10,608 posts, read 5,732,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Have you noticed that the internet is PACKED JAM FULL of sh*t that’s not true? Ask the Russians. Ask Alex Jones. Ask the Donald.
That brings to mind what Abraham Lincoln famously once said:

Quote:
"Everything on the Internet is True." -- Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-29-2019, 08:13 PM

10,608 posts, read 5,732,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But if I or some other L.A. resident witnesses something and post a description of what was witnessed, would you say it should be discounted for not being corroborated?
There's an old joke among McKinsey consultants: if you tell us, that's an anecdote. If instead you publish it & cite it, then it's data.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:18 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,807,371 times
Quote:
The onus is on every poster to validate their claims ... why should anonymous Exitus get a pass?
Why do you get a pass when you state that palm trees caused L.A.'s Typhus outbreak, or that the homeless are not more violent than the non-homeless, or that very few of our homeless are from other areas? You've stated all of this repeatedly, and then when somebody challenges you with the actual facts, you continue to argue?

Old 06-29-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
That brings to mind what Abraham Lincoln famously once said:
Heh. I recall that press conference ... I was there in the room running video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
There's an old joke among McKinsey consultants: if you tell us, that's an anecdote. If instead you publish it & cite it, then it's data.
... and, if you publish it with with multiple sources provided for data verification it meets ethical standards for research and journalism too.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:21 PM

BTW, Tulemutt, you never did respond to the videos posted by me and somebody else about the homeless situation in L.A.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:22 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,222,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't it funny how liberals seem to be experts on illegal drugs?
They know what’s best for us too and how best to spend our money. Everyone else is not capable of that function.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Why do you get a pass when you state that palm trees caused L.A.'s Typhus outbreak, or that the homeless are not more violent than the non-homeless, or that very few of our homeless are from other areas? You've stated all of this repeatedly, and then when somebody challenges you with the actual facts, you continue to argue?
Well, glad you brought that up:

1. I never claimed palm trees caused LA’s typhus outbreak ... and I would really love to have you quote me on that. You claimed rats live in trash and therefore the outbreak was the fault of the homeless. I pointed out that LA’s trash comes from 10,000,000 residents, is thus not limited to the homeless, and then cited reports that showed most of the trash in LA is being illegally dumped by all kinds of individuals and businesses, and that the 55,000 homeless could not possibly generate all the trash rats are living in. I also pointed out that Pasadena’s health department said its outbreak - worst in LA County - was not associated with homeless, but rather more likely from residents feeding feral cats and opossums. Then I pointed out that areas of Texas with no homeless problems or trashy streets problems have the highest numbers of typhus outbreaks annually.

And THEN, to further demonstrate the folly of your claims, I provided links to websites from the county government and private exterminators that reported / verified that rats like to nest in palm trees which creates a friendly environment for the typhus infected fleas that like rats as hosts. ... Thus showing alternative rat nesting venues ...

2. I don’t just claim the homeless are less violent statistically than non-homeless, I provided credible links to supporting data ...

3. I don’t just claim the homeless are approximately 90% locals, I provided credible links to supporting data ...

... and as yet no one, including yourself, has provided any “actual facts” to disprove my postings.

What you DO provide are repetitious false claims and misinterpreted data that I, and several others who are actually knowledgeable on the topic, eviscerate every time you post them.

You have been buried in the facts. But it is your odd entertainment to trot the same blather out over and over and over and over and over. You clearly find it all quite amusing.

Sad.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
BTW, Tulemutt, you never did respond to the videos posted by me and somebody else about the homeless situation in L.A.
I don’t know which videos you are referring to this time. And I don’t care either. There’s nothing new in your many previous video postings that hasn’t been more than thoroughly covered at least hundreds of times in this thread already. You are just enjoying fearmongering because that’s the level of your mentality apparently.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Well, glad you brought that up:

1. I never claimed palm trees caused LA’s typhus outbreak ... and I would really love to have you quote me on that. You claimed rats live in trash and therefore the outbreak was the fault of the homeless. I pointed out that LA’s trash comes from 10,000,000 residents, is thus not limited to the homeless, and then cited reports that showed most of the trash in LA is being illegally dumped by all kinds of individuals and businesses, and that the 55,000 homeless could not possibly generate all the trash rats are living in. I also pointed out that Pasadena’s health department said its outbreak - worst in LA County - was not associated with homeless, but rather more likely from residents feeding feral cats and opossums. Then I pointed out that areas of Texas with no homeless problems or trashy streets problems have the highest numbers of typhus outbreaks annually.

And THEN, to further demonstrate the folly of your claims, I provided links to websites from the county government and private exterminators that reported / verified that rats like to nest in palm trees which creates a friendly environment for the typhus infected fleas that like rats as hosts. ... Thus showing alternative rat nesting venues ...

2. I don’t just claim the homeless are less violent statistically than non-homeless, I provided credible links to supporting data ...

3. I don’t just claim the homeless are approximately 90% locals, I provided credible links to supporting data ...

... and as yet no one, including yourself, has provided any “actual facts” to disprove my postings.

What you DO provide are repetitious false claims and misinterpreted data that I, and several others who are actually knowledgeable on the topic, eviscerate every time you post them.

You have been buried in the facts. But it is your odd entertainment to trot the same blather out over and over and over and over and over. You clearly find it all quite amusing.

Sad.
1. You obfuscated the issue with your prattle about palm trees, and you denied that the homeless were the cause of the outbreak.

2. 12.6%

3. The majority of the homeless here just didn't leave their homes in L.A. and suddenly go crazy. A great deal of them come from elsewhere, such as Morraugh Bay (did I spell it good that time?), which you even admitted in a previous post, which is rather odd since your claim otherwise contradicts yourself -- it's like we have our own version of Don Lemon here.

Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles