Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2019, 12:25 PM

21,895 posts, read 16,593,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But if I or some other L.A. resident witnesses something and post a description of what was witnessed, would you say it should be discounted for not being corroborated?
I would say without corroboration of some kind it should be set aside, yes. Back up your sh*t.

Have you noticed that the internet is PACKED JAM FULL of sh*t that’s not true? Ask the Russians. Ask Alex Jones. Ask the Donald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 12:35 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,807,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I would say without corroboration of some kind it should be set aside, yes. Back up your sh*t.

Have you noticed that the internet is PACKED JAM FULL of sh*t that’s not true? Ask the Russians. Ask Alex Jones. Ask the Donald.
So when somebody such as me states that there's a significant amount of violent or potentially violent, psychotic behavior associated with the homeless population in L.A., you believe I need to bolster my assertion?

Old 06-26-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
So when somebody such as me states that there's a significant amount of violent or potentially violent, psychotic behavior associated with the homeless population in L.A., you believe I need to bolster my assertion?
What did I just post, above? Hell man, I don’t even know if you live in LA ... or even in America. Back up what you post.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What did I just post, above? Hell man, I don’t even know if you live in LA ... or even in America. Back up what you post.
Why is the onus on me? Why don't you come out of your rich person's gated community up there in Morrow Bay and see what's happening here for yourself, rather than incessantly claiming that those of us who live here are not correct in what we state? It's like I'm loose off turn four at Charlotte and you're on the radio telling me from the pit box that the car's actually tight and you need to take out a half round of wedge...does that make sense to you?

Old 06-26-2019, 05:29 PM

26,946 posts, read 27,163,314 times
Quote:
Why is the onus on me?
Because, for one, you repeatedly state figures that are not backed up by fact.

And it's slightly hypocritical that you jump all over anyone with whose opinion you don't agree by stating that they "don't live in L.A." (meaning, apparently, that they don't within the confines of Brentwood).

Yet you completely ignore anyone whose opinion matches yours when they live NOWHERE NEAR L.A., e.g. Florida, Chicago, Washington state, etc.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:57 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,426,407 times
Quote:
Why is the onus on me? Why don't you come out of your rich person's gated community up there in Morrow Bay and see what's happening here for yourself, rather than incessantly claiming that those of us who live here are not correct in what we state?

So says the guy in his Brentwood bubble......what is it they say about those who live in glass houses?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
So says the guy in his Brentwood bubble......what is it they say about those who live in glass houses?
That makes no sense to me. How is this alleged "bubble" affecting my perspective, which is that this city has a very serious problem with crazy people wandering the streets and terrorizing the population?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Why is the onus on me? Why don't you come out of your rich person's gated community up there in Morrow Bay and see what's happening here for yourself, rather than incessantly claiming that those of us who live here are not correct in what we state? It's like I'm loose off turn four at Charlotte and you're on the radio telling me from the pit box that the car's actually tight and you need to take out a half round of wedge...does that make sense to you?
The onus is on every poster to validate their claims ... why should anonymous Exitus get a pass?

An example of why readers should particularly question you is that you and I have exchanged conversation dozens of times in which I have described that I keep a public marina boat slip in Morro Bay to spend “get away from the city time” - but my home base is San Diego where I utilize military base marinas. Yet, after dozens of these conversations, you continually refer to me living in Morrow(sic) Bay in a “gated community”.

Now noted again:
you either:
1. can’t spell Morro and
2. you can’t remember I don’t reside there as my primary address and
3. can’t remember my Morro slip is a public facility not a private gated community
... indicating you have cognitive deficiencies ...
Or, you deliberately bait and troll me in an attempt to create antagonism.

Which is it? In either case you present yourself as someone who engages disingenuously and unseriously ... so why should any reader consider your comments as legitimate absent credible outside validation?

To say nothing of your adolescent analogies to car racing. Perhaps your time would be better spent playing with your Hot Wheels collection?

Old 06-27-2019, 04:38 PM

20,986 posts, read 8,768,344 times
Brandon Straka, founder of the #WalkAway movement, wanted to see for himself what downtown LA was like, were conservative media exaggerating to make liberal cities look bad?

His short video shows what he saw, but you can't smell what he smelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZkH2CVLkB8

Old 06-27-2019, 07:49 PM

8,440 posts, read 6,546,430 times
This morning I saw this homeless bum on a freeway overpass throw a beer can over onto the cars on the freeway below. He timed it so it would hit a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles