Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2018, 10:11 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,212,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Too bad they don’t do that in L.A. Everyone here seems to be so obsessed, distracted and outraged with what Trump is doing.

They’ll have an anti trump protest about every other weekend or so but no protests against the issues actually affecting people that live here .
So true their blind hatred of everything Trump and blind love of Garcetti and everything dem is mind boggling for outsiders looking in. And everything just gets worse there. Pershing Square downtown seems to be ground zero
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 11:34 PM

21,835 posts, read 16,511,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
So true their blind hatred of everything Trump and blind love of Garcetti and everything dem is mind boggling for outsiders looking in. And everything just gets worse there. Pershing Square downtown seems to be ground zero
Ah the devilishly ubiquitous “THEY”! Creatures from the dark subterranean worlds of conspiracies. Imagine THEM being concerned with the mentally disordered moron in the Blight House sitting with twitter keypad in one hand and nuclear keypad in the other ... and not knowing his right from his left! ... meanwhile jm works so hard day in and out to save LA from the homeless!

Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,553,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Yeah it’s a shame billions spent on public transit and parks but a lot of people don’t want to take it because of the homeless crazies . Lots of new buildings and developments downtown but it’s still really dirty and ton of crazies walking around .
Would be nice if the people running the place spent even a fraction amount of the time worried about the tax payers that pay their salaries versus homeless and illegals .

Old 02-25-2018, 08:53 AM

26,860 posts, read 27,042,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ah the devilishly ubiquitous “THEY”! Creatures from the dark subterranean worlds of conspiracies. Imagine THEM being concerned with the mentally disordered moron in the Blight House sitting with twitter keypad in one hand and nuclear keypad in the other ...
Well said, Mutt! (Why does everyone need to turn these issues into political ones?)

Old 02-25-2018, 09:00 AM

Don’t they realize Eric has a presidential campaign to run ?

Apparently many of these women living in tents are being sexually assaulted which is disgusting . This is why you can’t just let the homeless live on tents in the street . It breeds more crime including sexual assault .

Protesters call on Garcetti to find shelter for 1,000 homeless women

Holding pink balloons, dozens of protesters gathered across the street from the downtown site of the Los Angeles Mayor's Prayer Breakfast early Saturday to urge the city to provide emergency shelter for 1,000 homeless women in the next six months.
The protest, part of what organizers are calling the "She Does" movement, intensified growing pressure on local officials to clear the street encampments that have overtaken the city while a 10-year, $4.6-billion homeless housing and supportive services program slowly unfolds. Several councilmen have also called for large-scale shelter expansion.

According to the 2017 homeless count, 11,000 women in Los Angeles County live in the streets without shelter, including nearly 7,000 in the city. Mel Tillekeratne, a volunteer for Monday Night Mission, which provides food for the homeless on skid row, said women in tents are being sexually assaulted and forced into prostitution by gang members while the city sleeps.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:03 AM

42,885 posts, read 26,490,125 times
Quote:
Too bad they don’t do that in L.A. Everyone here seems to be so obsessed, distracted and outraged with what Trump is doing.

They’ll have an anti trump protest about every other weekend or so but no protests against the issues actually affecting people that live here .
Jm the only way you will be able to get action on your homeless issues is if you get active and start calling the Police and going to City Council meetings rather than just whining on public forums. I've been saying that here for at least a year and every time I mention how effective people can be in shaping policy you poo poo it or make excuses why it won't work. Maybe it's time to try getting involved and see for yourself?

For a start, go to nextdoor.com and create an account. I have some issues with nextdoor in that it tends to attract some crazy people who will post nutty stuff like "a mexican just rode a bicycle past my house real slow I think he's going to come back and break in" But there are sane people there and it gives you away to communicate with other locals and create a plan for getting some action on issues important to you. In our neighborhood nextdoor group a Police Resource officer regularly engages in discussions and follows up on issues such as homeless encampments, abandoned cars, people living in empty businesses etc. We've kept out more than a few massage parlors and unneeded liquor stores here by raising hell at County BOS meetings, you can do it too JM it just requires a little effort.

You need to hold the people who get paid to take care of the health and safety of your community accountable, if you fail to do so then it's on nobody but you

Old 02-25-2018, 09:04 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,212,927 times
Quote:
Don’t they realize Eric has a presidential campaign to run ?

Apparently many of these women living in tents are being sexually assaulted which is disgusting . This is why you can’t just let the homeless live on tents in the street . It breeds more crime including sexual assault .

Holding pink balloons, dozens of protesters gathered across the street from the downtown site of the Los Angeles Mayor's Prayer Breakfast early Saturday to urge the city to provide emergency shelter for 1,000 homeless women in the next six months.
The protest, part of what organizers are calling the "She Does" movement, intensified growing pressure on local officials to clear the street encampments that have overtaken the city while a 10-year, $4.6-billion homeless housing and supportive services program slowly unfolds. Several councilmen have also called for large-scale shelter expansion.

According to the 2017 homeless count, 11,000 women in Los Angeles County live in the streets without shelter, including nearly 7,000 in the city. Mel Tillekeratne, a volunteer for Monday Night Mission, which provides food for the homeless on skid row, said women in tents are being sexually assaulted and forced into prostitution by gang members while the city sleeps.

HA!!! Good luck ladies.....

Old 02-25-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Jm the only way you will be able to get action on your homeless issues is if you get active and start calling the Police and going to City Council meetings rather than just whining on public forums. I've been saying that here for at least a year and every time I mention how effective people can be in shaping policy you poo poo it or make excuses why it won't work. Maybe it's time to try getting involved and see for yourself?

For a start, go to nextdoor.com and create an account. I have some issues with nextdoor in that it tends to attract some crazy people who will post nutty stuff like "a mexican just rode a bicycle past my house real slow I think he's going to come back and break in" But there are sane people there and it gives you away to communicate with other locals and create a plan for getting some action on issues important to you. In our neighborhood nextdoor group a Police Resource officer regularly engages in discussions and follows up on issues such as homeless encampments, abandoned cars, people living in empty businesses etc. We've kept out more than a few massage parlors and unneeded liquor stores here by raising hell at County BOS meetings, you can do it too JM it just requires a little effort.

You need to hold the people who get paid to take care of the health and safety of your community accountable, if you fail to do so then it's on nobody but you
How do you know what I have or haven’t done ? Shall I log ever call and post it here and every meeting attended ? Yeah next door can be good I agree .

Old 02-25-2018, 09:20 AM

42,885 posts, read 26,490,125 times
Quote:
How do you know what I have or haven’t done ? Shall I log ever call and post it here and every meeting attended ? Yeah next door can be good I agree .
I'm guessing because in the past you have poo-pooed my suggestions about raising hell with public officials, but if you have started doing that, my hat goes off to you. It works, it's the only thing that will ever work. No, it won't eradicate homelessness in LA, it hasn't eradicated homelessness here, but when someone ends up with a homeless encampment next to their house, when they get involved and start taking pictures, talking to neighbors and calling the sheriff at least that particular problem gets resolved very quickly.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:23 AM

21,835 posts, read 16,511,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm guessing because in the past you have poo-pooed my suggestions about raising hell with public officials, but if you have started doing that, my hat goes off to you. It works, it's the only thing that will ever work. No, it won't eradicate homelessness in LA, it hasn't eradicated homelessness here, but when someone ends up with a homeless encampment next to their house, when they get involved and start taking pictures, talking to neighbors and calling the sheriff at least that particular problem gets resolved very quickly.
But actually resolving problems reduces inventory available for complaining about. You've got to understand the true motivations behind the posting here, sleepy ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles