Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 05:43 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
This pandemic is hurting almost everyone and needs to weaken as soon as possible, and I say the following because the government's approach to private gatherings has been toothless.

If your neighbors are having obviously more people over than they are supposed to - which is particularly likely this weekend - use whatever excuse you can to get it shut down. For example, noise or parking complaints. You can even use the guerilla tactic I suggested in another thread.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...-cases-15.html

Also, complain to the landlord/manager if it's rented property you also live on. I urge readers who rent property to others to distribute written notices that mixed-household gatherings are not being allowed in the county for health reasons.
Somehow, I just don't want to live that way. Most of these gatherings are harmless. Some, unfortunately, are not.

My name is jbgusa, not Ebenezer Scrooge.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:31 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
You live in New York. It's better there, attitude included.

Most gatherings in LA that are moderate in size might not spread the virus or maybe they do; there are no studies. I'm most concerned about major violations. If people don't report them promptly, the virus spreads. People might not want to live that way, but they also don't want to live with many businesses and public/semi-public activities shut down.

I'd start by codifying rules against orgies, cuddle parties, clothing swaps, and anything else that encourages physical contact. Listening parties, too, due to crowding and so that cops can break up some gatherings for music even if technically not too noisy.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:45 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
You're awful. Parking restrictions are a completely legal way to control situations. Again, you are a threat to society that I hope the government will find a way to punish.
If I had a red pen and I'd circle "I hope the government will find a way to punish <you>" and draw an arrow back to "you're awful".

I think you don't understand who most people think is awful in this scenario.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:03 PM

Sometimes the most effective leaders are not popular; sometimes tough circumstances call for negative personality traits. I'm not blatantly endangering community health and coming here to brag about it. Los Angeles values do not work in a crisis. If people pull LA out of this, it won't be people born and raised in the area.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:59 PM

As a result, [Mayor] Weintraub says she’s working with the Lost Hills Sheriff’s station to ensure that moving forward, there will be a zero-tolerance policy on house parties in the city in violation of health orders. No more warnings.

“No gatherings will be tolerated like this,” she said. “Something like this will not happen again.”

https://www.foxla.com/news/calabasas...-mansion-party

And I ask why is the local media so bad that that I didn't hear about that on the TV news broadcasts I watch?

Old 07-15-2020, 03:10 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
As a result, [Mayor] Weintraub says she’s working with the Lost Hills Sheriff’s station to ensure that moving forward, there will be a zero-tolerance policy on house parties in the city in violation of health orders. No more warnings.

“No gatherings will be tolerated like this,” she said. “Something like this will not happen again.”

https://www.foxla.com/news/calabasas...-mansion-party

And I ask why is the local media so bad that that I didn't hear about that on the TV news broadcasts I watch?

Another PR talk,all she will do is talk and nothing will happen. She knows she got no power to do anything. It's like city's that say they will ticket those without a mask and yet do nothing about those without a mask.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:32 PM

You're hoping that's it, but if the cops are called, they have to talk to people there and then are obligated to cite definite violations like overcapacity, excess noise, and disorderly conduct. You can exit this thread if you want to deny that police have been breaking up parties for decades. Since that was the weekend, maybe the mayor wasn't checking her email, because if she did, she could've instructed the police to visit the property.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:33 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
What a strange thread. It is thoroughly Anti-American to rat out your neighbor.

Five years ago, almost nobody would "call the po-lease" if 12 illegal immigrants were living in your neighbors garage,

but somehow a "private house party" now endangers everyone in a 4-block radius? You need to worry about dis right here more, 13 guys rob a Houston gun store - is this Antifa? BLM? Mexican Mafia? idk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxzjQTsU1LY

Old 07-15-2020, 05:17 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Looks like i will be having another party this weekend with 13 guest. I am pretty sure that no one will be calling cops on us.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
You likely didn’t hear it on the MSM because Jake Paul’s Twitter shows him being a proud supporter of BLM.
No, that's not it.

I did not create this thread for it to be hijacked by right-wingers and other extremists. Nor am I a liberal. If I were near-sure a group of illegal aliens were living in a nearby residence, I'd look for an ICE hotline. There is too much of a code of silence toward bad behaviors in the city, from ethnic enclaves to Hollywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles