Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,892,164 times

Advertisements

Go down some of the old streets in LA, like Vermont. Half of it is Mexcian, half of it is Korean. You can guess which side is clean and which isn't.

I know people don't like saying it, but it's a fact.

The junk on that street is amazing, embarrassing. You dig your own hole in life....can't blame it on the whites, the blacks, the cops, "the man". They're not forcing you to be trashy.

I also don't blame it on poverty or a certain $$$ amount. People come to this country all the time, they don't trash it up. Lots of people escape wars or persecution. Who knows what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
Go down some of the old streets in LA, like Vermont. Half of it is Mexcian, half of it is Korean. You can guess which side is clean and which isn't.

I know people don't like saying it, but it's a fact.
It is not a fact. Like I said, I've seen people of all persuasions throwing stuff out their car windows. There are people who care and people who don't.

Also, to blame all of this on Mexicans ignores the fact that there are a lot of people here who came from Central America - Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, etc. However, let me state yet again that I've seen plenty of white people throwing trash wherever.

I'm about to shut down this thread due to its blatantly racist overtones.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
It is not a fact. Like I said, I've seen people of all persuasions throwing stuff out their car windows. There are people who care and people who don't.

Also, to blame all of this on Mexicans ignores the fact that there are a lot of people here who came from Central America - Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, etc. However, let me state yet again that I've seen plenty of white people throwing trash wherever.

I'm about to shut down this thread due to its blatantly racist overtones.
It's a fact. Drive down the street. Say, between the 405 and Wilshire.

Parts of it are obviously mexican (mexican music, mexican signs). Come on.

Parts of it are obviously Korean. Koreatown.

Look at the difference in trash.

The trash in the mexican/central american sign is embrassing, its a shame. Anyone can drive down there, nothing racist.

How much trash is there in the korean mini malls and stores?

An obvious, glaring example of different cultures.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:52 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delron View Post
What a load of ****. "Old white men". And where is this magical place in the southland where you see "mostly" "old white men" doing the littering? Because you must be confusing "old white men" with "latinos/latinas" and "ghetto residents".

Take a drive through Beverly Hills, Hancock Park, La Canada, San Marino/good parts of Pasadena/South Pas., Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Malibu Palos Verdes Peninsula, south/coastal OC or any other locale of mainly "old white men". Then drive down Crenshaw into Baldwin Hills, Inglewood, Cudahy, Huntington Park, Maywood, Compton, south central, east LA etc. See the difference? It's the local residents who are doing the littering...now compare the residents and tell me the difference. It isn't the skin color though - it's the ghetto and trashy mentality that's the problem.

Just the other day I'm patrolling through Highland Park, and this typical cholo gangbanger looking Hispanic teenage bum, we ALL know the type, just takes his candy bar wrapper and throws it onto the sidewalk in a big show. Like, "look at me, I'm a big bad litterbug...I'm contributing to the decay and blight of my environment." This little buzzed head joke, thinking he's so tough, at 5'4" and 110 pounds when soaking wet, had the nerve to defiantly litter - really make a show of it.

I pulled over immediately, got out, and told him to pick his trash up and dispose of it in the trash receptacle not more than 20 feet away from his 'act of defiance'. The little sissy punk did so posthaste. I'm sure it helped that I was on duty and in uniform. It was too bad he had nothing outstanding and nothing on him.
Good for you, Keep up the good work..

Old 07-19-2008, 02:54 PM

I know this doesn't mean anything, but I almost feel like leaving this site.

If you can't point out differences on a street that the whole world can see without being implied as a racist or something, it has nothing to do with being mexican, yellow, purple.

I agree that lots of people throw trash out their window, any color or race.

The Mexican flag colors, etc are fairly obvious. Money to mexico signs.

Incredible, you point out something obvious....

Old 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM

31 posts, read 126,431 times
Default ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delron View Post
What a load of ****. "Old white men". And where is this magical place in the southland where you see "mostly" "old white men" doing the littering? Because you must be confusing "old white men" with "latinos/latinas" and "ghetto residents".

Take a drive through Beverly Hills, Hancock Park, La Canada, San Marino/good parts of Pasadena/South Pas., Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Malibu Palos Verdes Peninsula, south/coastal OC or any other locale of mainly "old white men". Then drive down Crenshaw into Baldwin Hills, Inglewood, Cudahy, Huntington Park, Maywood, Compton, south central, east LA etc. See the difference? It's the local residents who are doing the littering...now compare the residents and tell me the difference. It isn't the skin color though - it's the ghetto and trashy mentality that's the problem.

Just the other day I'm patrolling through Highland Park, and this typical cholo gangbanger looking Hispanic teenage bum, we ALL know the type, just takes his candy bar wrapper and throws it onto the sidewalk in a big show. Like, "look at me, I'm a big bad litterbug...I'm contributing to the decay and blight of my environment." This little buzzed head joke, thinking he's so tough, at 5'4" and 110 pounds when soaking wet, had the nerve to defiantly litter - really make a show of it.

I pulled over immediately, got out, and told him to pick his trash up and dispose of it in the trash receptacle not more than 20 feet away from his 'act of defiance'. The little sissy punk did so posthaste. I'm sure it helped that I was on duty and in uniform. It was too bad he had nothing outstanding and nothing on him.
AHAHAH! im hella glad u did what u did! KUD0S.
btw about ur "old white men" comment! its true i've seen a crapload of rich people litter-- N0T saying that their the ones to mainly blame, but they do it to...ESPECiALLY ash out the window when there's an effin' ashtray right in the car! go figure.

but in my opinion it's N0T the GHETT0 people who contribute the most its the TRASHY no self respect ones...doesnt matter what color/race/nationality or whatever it's the trashy ones who have no respect for themselves or others! those darn illegals-- you see how they came over here and didn't give a whoots damn about messing up our economy! S0 i BLAME EVERYTHiNG 0N THEM!

sorry to offend anyone im just fed up with of all this crap as a whole america used to be the place of choice now all i hear is all the bad stuff going on and how we basically can't control anything anymore!

Old 07-19-2008, 03:53 PM

236 posts, read 1,141,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialiteprincess View Post
AHAHAH! im hella glad u did what u did! KUD0S.
btw about ur "old white men" comment! its true i've seen a crapload of rich people litter-- N0T saying that their the ones to mainly blame, but they do it to...ESPECiALLY ash out the window when there's an effin' ashtray right in the car! go figure.

but in my opinion it's N0T the GHETT0 people who contribute the most its the TRASHY no self respect ones...doesnt matter what color/race/nationality or whatever it's the trashy ones who have no respect for themselves or others! those darn illegals-- you see how they came over here and didn't give a whoots damn about messing up our economy! S0 i BLAME EVERYTHiNG 0N THEM!

sorry to offend anyone im just fed up with of all this crap as a whole america used to be the place of choice now all i hear is all the bad stuff going on and how we basically can't control anything anymore!
Let's see how many unintelligent things we can say in one post!

Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

I agree with Sandy. Actually I'm pretty good at determining Asian nationalities, but I think most folks are hard pressed to tell a Mexican from a Salvadorian or an Argentinian, me included.

I do disagree that you can't tell the difference between a Korean and a Latino, or see the difference between their neighborhoods. It's plain to see that Asians share the mainstream American attitude, that they assimilate, where foreign Latinos don't. Instead the Latinos import their shoddy civil values and the result is a trashy city.

I'm done. Close the thread.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:52 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
I know this doesn't mean anything, but I almost feel like leaving this site.

If you can't point out differences on a street that the whole world can see without being implied as a racist or something, it has nothing to do with being mexican, yellow, purple.

I agree that lots of people throw trash out their window, any color or race.

The Mexican flag colors, etc are fairly obvious. Money to mexico signs.

Incredible, you point out something obvious....
When you tell the truth the only thing they can do is pull the race card. Let them, It just shows you are right. The more people that call you racist the better. It just tells you that you are posting the truth.
Keep up the good work

Old 07-19-2008, 08:31 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
dam homeboys dont get all excited over nothing.

i am giving my views on what i hve seen regarding this phenomena of freeway dumping. i aint talkin about neighborhoods as this post is about the freeway.
the FREEWAY.

and it was a white older man in a nice car that threw out a bag from a fast food place.

thats what i saw. my friend was apalled and amazed that this type of person would dump.

and you guys conveniently erased the fact that i wrote that litter bugs come in all shapes and sizes. lots of dumpers.

but alot of the ones that i have seen, on the 101 particularly, have been white men.

thats what i have seen. as have other people with me.

its an anecdote folks, dont get bent outta shape. just like an anecdote about downtown rats, the ones in downtown arent as scared of people as other rats.

thats been my experience.

but i never said these lil old white men on nice cars were the only ones dumping.

the freeways are travered by millions of people and its millions of people dumping garbage. in my experience, anecdotally, it has been these older white men.

thats it.
apparently its also been socialite p's experience as well.

i can only share what i have seen. thats it bro. take it easy.

and it is about trashy people. that comes in all colors. its filthy people who litter.

them PIGS!!!

oink oink to that sucka.

i smell bacon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles