Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 9,129 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

Trying to find a reasonable place to move, where i can be near the metro blue line to commute to downtown LA for work. I found a very cute little place on E Poinsettia 90805 Long Beach. It's right across the street from Grant Elementary School. Please let me know what you all think of this area. Artesia and Orange isn't the greatest area, i know.. but this street is quiet, bright and looks to be very family friendly.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 AM

87 posts, read 411,251 times
My aunt lives in Long beach But i think you will be living in North Long Beach if you are near Artesia Blvd. Its not the greatest area depending on race but its not the wost sort of in between. THere are some crips that roam around there but they dont plaque that area. I dont know if this is any help

Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
The zip code 90805 has the highest rate of crime, probation cases and DCFS cases in Long Beach.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:42 AM

230 posts, read 1,142,513 times
90805 is generally a no-no. 90804 is nice. :-/

Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 9,129 times
Wow.. everyone is so negative

Why exactly do you say its a "no-no" and do you have statistics for these rates??

I believe you can find trouble and crime anywhere you look for it, but i've learned people only seem to pick out the negative side of things.

BTW.. i got the place and i'm happy!

I like the area.. people are people.. theres good ones and bad ones anywhere you go.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,337,388 times
The only area I like up there is the Virginia Country Club area. Movies like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and some John Hughes flicks were filmed there because it looks like a nice Chicago suburb...otherwise I'd pass.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:05 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,337,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayashley View Post
Wow.. everyone is so negative

Why exactly do you say its a "no-no" and do you have statistics for these rates??

I believe you can find trouble and crime anywhere you look for it, but i've learned people only seem to pick out the negative side of things.

BTW.. i got the place and i'm happy!

I like the area.. people are people.. theres good ones and bad ones anywhere you go.
If you like it, that's what matters.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:09 AM

3 posts, read 8,474 times
Red face Living in the 90805

Hi.

I live in the 90805 area. its not as bad as people perceive it. There are crimes everywhere. Sometimes people are looking for it and some times they are not. Things happen for a reason. Im glad you like your new place. im sure you will aggree that its not as bad as people think...

Old 07-27-2008, 11:15 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
I love how people ask questions and then decide the people the yare asking don't know what the yare talking about. Why bother with the question. I know from my former job that most of the clients of the Probation office and Department of Children and Family services (people about to have their children removed from their homes) live in the 90805 zip code. But perhaps this is the mentality of people you fit in with. Good Luck and I hope you continue to be happy in your new home.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:08 PM

230 posts, read 1,142,513 times
Hi there. I'm glad you got the place and are happy, but you asked for opinions and you got them. They are opinions though. If you don't like them, take them with a grain of salt. 90805 is a no-no in general when compared to other areas of Long Beach. That was my only point and maybe some other peoples points too. Long Beach is generally affordable, when compared to the rest of LA county. Since such good deals can be had, I figured that you could find something in an area that is safer/closer to amenities/fun. There's plenty of cute places for a good price. I just hope you didn't sacrifice your safety. Take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles