Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 PM

5 posts, read 11,426 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

I have read most of the posts on here. I must say some are extremely helpful and some are, well... a little crazy. Regardless, it has been fun and allowed me to waste most of my work day.

Anyway, here is what I need help with and hopefully someone can help.
I lived in CA from around 99-03. I only lived in LA (Hollywood) my last year there. I didn't mind it all. I was pursuing acting so I was fine with it. I left LA and move to NYC. I came to NYC for Law school and to get some "serious" acting training. I have done both and now I am ready to come back to LA.

I plan on relocating in July '07. Since I am coming back for the entertainment industry and considering what my budget will be, I know what area I am aiming to live in. I guess my major question is when should I come looking for an apt-3 wks-1mth before or should I just wait until I get there? Secondly, any suggestions on getting around not technically having a job. Can I say my job is tranferring me and use my info from NYC? Do they really check that as long as your credit is good?

You think that I would know these things since I moved out there before. The last time I move it was with someone that was already living there. It wasn't a good experience. I seriously rather not move to someone's couch, if it's possible. Sorry this post is so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 07:31 PM

Anyone?????

Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM

6 posts, read 11,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamiguest View Post
I guess my major question is when should I come looking for an apt-3 wks-1mth before or should I just wait until I get there?
I would like to know this too. I bought my ticket to come down at the end of April and I'm still looking for a place while wondering if it's best to just wait 'til I get there.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times
When I relocated back to LA from the East Coast nearly 7 years ago, I came out about a month beforehand to find an apartment. I knew which areas I wanted to live and how much I could afford, so my search was pretty narrow and focused. It only took me a week to find an apartment and to sign the lease.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:28 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
Bring good rental references and say you're transferring. Sooner or later someone will say "yes". Try Craigslist first, you're dealing with real people instead of a-holes like Westside Rentals.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 PM

6 posts, read 11,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
Bring good rental references and say you're transferring. Sooner or later someone will say "yes". Try Craigslist first, you're dealing with real people instead of a-holes like Westside Rentals.
Good advice. Thank you.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tienci View Post
I would like to know this too. I bought my ticket to come down at the end of April and I'm still looking for a place while wondering if it's best to just wait 'til I get there.
Hi Tienci, I saw your other posts. I am looking to move to the same area. Good luck and keep me posted.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
The RealAngelion "When I relocated back to LA from the East Coast nearly 7 years ago, I came out about a month beforehand to find an apartment. I knew which areas I wanted to live and how much I could afford, so my search was pretty narrow and focused. It only took me a week to find an apartment and to sign the lease."

Thanks both of you, This is what I was hoping for. I looking in a specific area and a specific price range. I am hoping it will be doable.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:37 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamiguest View Post
Thanks both of you, This is what I was hoping for. I looking in a specific area and a specific price range. I am hoping it will be doable.
Where do you want to move?

Old 03-08-2007, 12:41 AM

I am looking for a studio apt in Glendale or Hollywood. If I don't find anything, I will also look in the N. Hollywood area. Before I lived near Wilton and Hollywood Blvd. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: