Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,655,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anp83 View Post
Well, that only speaks in terms of nightlife.

But, if we are only judging nightlife then LA is below NYC because of their closing law.
The 2 AM closing law puts LA below NYC, but related to that is the issue of LA not really valuing its bars the way NYC does. A bar's considered more of the fabric of the neighborhood in NY than LA, on average...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 02:32 PM

81 posts, read 285,533 times
I can't stand how people from New York don't know how to shut up about NYC being "the best city in the world".

And the NY-LA thing has been overdone to death. Can we instead discuss SF vs. Boston? Boise vs. Little Rock? Bakersfield vs. Tucson? Saskatchewan vs. Nigeria?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 PM

151 posts, read 133,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strategery52 View Post
I can't stand how people from New York don't know how to shut up about NYC being "the best city in the world".

And the NY-LA thing has been overdone to death. Can we instead discuss SF vs. Boston? Boise vs. Little Rock? Bakersfield vs. Tucson? Saskatchewan vs. Nigeria?
But, the thing that you need to realize is that NYers experience this the exact opposite way.

I lived in Atlanta for about a year from a job transfer.

I started work and about a month later a guy from LA got transfered to my department. He noticed my accent and asked if I was from NY

As soon as I said "yes"...... He immediately went into this speech about how LA is superior to NY. It goes both ways.

NYC might not be the best because best is an opinion. However, it is by far the most important.

Last edited by anp83; 01-12-2010 at 10:06 PM..

Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,822,446 times
Quote:
But, the thing that you need to realize is that NYers experience this the exact opposite way.

I lived in Atlanta for about a year from a job transfer.

I started work and about a month later a guy from LA got transfered to my department. He noticed my accent and asked if I was from NY

As soon as I said "yes"...... He immediately went into this speech about how LA is superior to NY. It goes both ways.

NYC might not be the best because best is an opinion. However, it is by far the most important.

Wrong, take it from some one who has lived in many states, just moved back to California from Colorado. New Yorkers can't shut the f... up about that city period..you wanna have that debate, we will. LA is very laid back, nothing to prove what so ever.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Wrong, take it from some one who has lived in many states, just moved back to California from Colorado. New Yorkers can't shut the f... up about that city period..you wanna have that debate, we will. LA is very laid back, nothing to prove what so ever.
I have lived in seven states.

The laid back part of California is what makes me not like their culture. Being "laid back" won't get you anywhere in life while living in the northeast.

This is 100% honesty. Many people think this way about LA........... once you take the movie industry away, there is nothing.

I like LA, but it is not on the level of NYC for importance.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:16 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,716,367 times
Quote:
No city can compare to NYC. I might prefer la to nyc, but nyc is more powerful.

New York Beats London as 'World's Best City' - CNBC

Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post

He proved my point, enough said..FYI stay on New York threads from now on. pretty much done with this crap.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post

EXACTLY, one person might use their opinion to say they like LA more than NY, which is understandable.

For importance, LA doesn't compare to NY. Those two cities are not on the same level for importance.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
He proved my point, enough said..FYI stay on New York threads from now on. pretty much done with this crap.
He posted a link that proved NYC was on a higher level than LA. Does that make you mad?

I am not apologizing to anyone for my city being number one.

When I clicked on this thread there was 8 pages of bashing NYC and praising LA. What goes around, comes around.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I have lived in seven states.

The laid back part of California is what makes me not like their culture. Being "laid back" won't get you anywhere in life while living in the northeast.

This is 100% honesty. Many people think this way about LA........... once you take the movie industry away, there is nothing.

I like LA, but it is not on the level of NYC for importance.

Than move back to the North East, like I told one Long Island, wanna be hard core rapper living in Southern Califorinia who bashed the state every chance he got..leave CALIFORNIA in a New York minute, and don't let the door slam you in the a... i'm not a laid back native,so I'm not gonna entertain you garbage like others here will. SEE YA...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles