Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:24 AM

30,909 posts, read 37,047,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
Any fat burger fans?

I've been going there a lot lately. $6.35 for a kingburger with cheese?!? (including tax).

Their prices seem to be double in and out, but their burgers aren't twice as big. It must be one of the most expensive fast food places in la. Why are they so high? A family of four eating there, with two kingburgers, two regular burgers, 4 drinks and maybe a snack...like $30-35??

I think I could eat in-n-out more often, it'd be hard to eat fatburger everyday.
They're both the same. They make people, well....FAT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 03:58 AM

16,806 posts, read 40,011,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I am with you on this. For the budget minded Carl's Jr does have a tasty burger that is affordable.
As in $1.00, and it's a damn good burger. It's made the way I like a burger, which is ketchup, mustard, raw onion and that's it. No cheese, lettuce or tomato.

Two of them more than fill me up. I usually end up giving part of the bun to the dog because I'm stuffed.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
They're both the same. They make people, well....FAT.
come on, it won't make anyone fat to eat them once in awhile..I know a lot of thin and down right skinnies that love a good fast food burgers once in awhile....

Nita

Old 03-06-2010, 06:31 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,400,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
As in $1.00, and it's a damn good burger. It's made the way I like a burger, which is ketchup, mustard, raw onion and that's it. No cheese, lettuce or tomato.

Two of them more than fill me up. I usually end up giving part of the bun to the dog because I'm stuffed.
A Carls Big Burger does hit the spot. Also like you said made the way a Burger should be made.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:38 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,400,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
come on, it won't make anyone fat to eat them once in awhile..I know a lot of thin and down right skinnies that love a good fast food burgers once in awhile....

Nita
Nita, that is just it, people today don't seem to want to make fast food a once in a while thing. I remember as a kid it was a treat to go to McDonalds, meaning we made that trip once or twice a year. I wonder why it is that people have made a burger choice the only choice. For many it is a daily part of life. And when they are sick of burgers they order a Pizza or have a burrito. I bet you would be hard pressed to find a discussion on what kind of fruit is better. I can see it now, What do you prefer, an Apple or an Orange? lol.

I have to admit as I have entered the 40 something phase of life I seem to prefer eating at home lots of vegetables and fruits. I still have a burger every now and then, but it is not a daily thing. lol.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:42 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,059,475 times
Fatburger is a total ripoff. Carls jr is better & cheaper. In-n-out is ok & its equal to bakers as far as burger size & price. A double double is good. I dont eat fast food much but when i do its usually burger king & carls jr. A charbroiled burger is the best. The nearest in-n-out is in dangerous san bernardino in a high crime/nasty/dirty area. Stay away from their at night.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:44 PM

493 posts, read 1,450,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The nearest in-n-out is in dangerous san bernardino in a high crime/nasty/dirty area. Stay away from their at night.
I assume that you mean the one downtown, on Second Street just off the 215 freeway?

My office is downtown, and I'd seriously go to In-n-Out more often, but they have limited seating (outdoors) that's basically a part of the small parking lot. By the time I drive 5 minutes back to the office, the burger and fries are beginning to get cold, and their lines are ridiculous at the drive-thru. Usually both are backed up onto the street.

Have you been to the new location on Tippecanoe, just north of the San Bernardino Freeway? That would be on your way in from Yucaipa. A few years ago they tore down the old one and built an new one with a dining room. It's a safe area. The lines are, however, long, but move fast. When I'd be on my way home from UCR at 10 PM or later, the line at the drive-thru might still be 10 cars long (single lane).

Old 03-06-2010, 08:01 PM

A few years ago, when I was taking some professional certification classes at UCR, I was ecstatic to see a Fatburger opening across the street. We had one in San Bernardinio years ago, and I loved it then: Double Kingburger with cheese, chili, bacon and a fried egg. Talk about a cardiologist's nightmare! It, unfortunately, didn't last.

The one near UCR started off okay, then the quality seemed to slip. The last couple of times that I ate there before class I had an upset stomach through most of the class, so I started eating elsewhere.

I LOVE a good In-n-Out burger! Since discovering their "secret" menu, my cholesterol of choice is the 2x4, animal-style.

It's obvious that they pay their employees well, and must also treat them very well, unlike your average McDonald's, because they always seem cheerful even though they are slammed constantly.

I'm even more shocked to hear that there are people who don't like Tommy's. That is my favorite burger place. Last time we stayed in Pasadena for my wife's conference at JPL, I went to the one on Colorado Boulevard in Eagle Rock. The special of the day was a double chili burger, a side of chili-cheese fries and a gigantic soft drink for $8. When we were in Pasadena for a play at Caltech a couple of weekends ago, I noticed a new Tommy's on Hill, just north of PCC. It looked like they even had indoor seating.

Woo hoo! I went to the website for Tommy's and found a new location in Riverside!

Woo hoo! I went to the website for Tommy's and found that they have a new location in Riverside!

We had a couple of (probably) unauthorized Tommy's locally; one in San Bernardino and the other in Riverside. I talked with the owner of the Riverside location, and found out that he had worked at the original location in LA, at Beverly and Rampart, where I used to go when I worked downtown.

Wonder if anyone has a recipe for their chili? I've been known to order a side of it, along with my double chili burger. How I've lived to be 62 and in good health is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited by jmlowman; 03-06-2010 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: added comments

Old 03-06-2010, 08:15 PM

Default Big surprise!

Woo hoo! I went to the website for Tommy's and found a new location in Riverside!

Old 03-06-2010, 08:18 PM

16,806 posts, read 40,011,518 times
I can't help you with the chili, but I'm a fellow Tommy's fan. Have you tried the chili at Farmer Boys? I love that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles