Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 07:48 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,049,395 times

Advertisements

Does anybody recall Lester & Mark's Deli in Hikes Point? Later it moved to Hurstborne Plaza but there was another deli there before Lester & Mark's. Does anybody recall the name of that one? Why did it close? Anybody know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 03:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,289 times
I loved Rax!!! Don't forget the old valley sports location, Hess's. Zayres, A & P, Ben Snyders,

Old 02-06-2016, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Does anybody recall Lester & Mark's Deli in Hikes Point? Later it moved to Hurstborne Plaza but there was another deli there before Lester & Mark's. Does anybody recall the name of that one? Why did it close? Anybody know?
I think it was Greene's

Old 02-08-2016, 08:33 AM

49 posts, read 84,036 times
Quote:

I thought it was called Les and Mark's Nosh Box.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,897 times
Does anyone remember Parkmoor Lanes...or how about Landor on Shelbyville Rd next to Pryors" restaurant which didn't have automatic Pinspotters...or how about Pendergrass Chevrolet.. Dad bought our hideous 59 Impala there....later Jim Booher, now Tafel Motors

Old 02-08-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang2012 View Post
Does anyone remember Parkmoor Lanes...or how about Landor on Shelbyville Rd next to Pryors" restaurant which didn't have automatic Pinspotters...or how about Pendergrass Chevrolet.. Dad bought our hideous 59 Impala there....later Jim Booher, now Tafel Motors

I remember Parkmoor Lanes and Jim Booher

Old 02-24-2016, 11:19 AM

31 posts, read 113,077 times
You can immediately tell whether someone is a Louisville native, and they're at least 40, by whether they remember the old Sears building in St. Matthews. And of course if they use that as their directional compass for everything in that area. "It's by the old Sears' building..."

Old 02-24-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmom99 View Post
You can immediately tell whether someone is a Louisville native, and they're at least 40, by whether they remember the old Sears building in St. Matthews. And of course if they use that as their directional compass for everything in that area. "It's by the old Sears' building..."

Your wrong If you a native or local fr om Louisville, we ask what HS you went to

Old 02-24-2016, 11:23 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Your wrong If you a native or local fr om Louisville, we ask what HS you went to
This is my biggest qualm with Louisville...I got that way more a few years a go when I lived here. Having just moved back from traveling quite a bit more, we have met ways more transplants and get asked that question less.

From the ones who do ask it? I think they are more trying to place you into an economic bracket, and partially, to see if they "know someone who knows someone who knows you "

Old 02-25-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
This is my biggest qualm with Louisville...I got that way more a few years a go when I lived here. Having just moved back from traveling quite a bit more, we have met ways more transplants and get asked that question less.

From the ones who do ask it? I think they are more trying to place you into an economic bracket, and partially, to see if they "know someone who knows someone who knows you "

Your not correct. No one is "trying to place you into an economic bracket". We usually know people from different High Schools because of whatever reason. They may have been your neighbor at one time, your relative, someone you know at Church, whatever. When we connect and you know "that person", you've gained a new friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area