Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,678,521 times

Advertisements

We had our first frost last night and it was a hard one. It's still summer, folks. Fall isn't until next Saturday. I think I'll go out and grease my snowblower today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 AM

398 posts, read 698,340 times
Yeah this is my first Maine autumn and I was totally psyched - but first frost already?? Can't we wait till some leaves fall?

Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,539,238 times
No frost over here this morning. It's late. I do have a quick-burning, hot fire going to take the chill out of the house.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novila View Post
Yeah this is my first Maine autumn and I was totally psyched - but first frost already?? Can't we wait till some leaves fall?
The innocence of the first winter. It's nice to see, but will soon be forgotten.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,425,771 times
Wow! We are expecting lows in the 40s all week. I'm excited since my 3 year old A/C unit died. Gah! Can't imagine frost already though!!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
The innocence of the first winter. It's nice to see, but will soon be forgotten.
Got me to thinkin':

"Maine Diary"
Dear Diary:

Aug. 1 - Moved to our new house in Maine. It is so beautiful here. The city is so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see it covered with snow. I LOVE IT HERE.

Oct. 14 - New England is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the hills and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I LOVE IT HERE.

Nov. 11 - Deer season will open soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such an elegant creature; the very symbol of peace and tranquility. Hope it will snow soon. I LOVE IT HERE.

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looked like a postcard. Went outside and cleaned snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight today (I won). When the snowplow came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Mother Nature in perfect harmony. I LOVE IT HERE.

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow guy did his trick again (that rascal). A winter wonderland. I LOVE IT HERE.

Dec. 19 - Snowed again last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work on time. I'm exhausted from shoveling. DAMN SNOWPLOW!

Dec. 22 - More of that white **** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm done shoveling. THAT BUTTHEAD!!!

Dec. 25 - "White Christmas" my busted ass. More friggin' snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-buck who drives that snowplow, I swear I will castrate the dumb SOB. Don't know why they don't use more salt on this cussed ice.

Dec. 28 - More of the same crap last night. Been inside since Christmas Day except for when "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere. The car is buried in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says expect another 10 inches of this **** tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is? ONE HELL OF ALOT!

Jan. 1 - Happy Friggin' New Year. The weatherman was wrong (AGAIN). We got 24 miserable inches of snow this time. At this rate it won't melt until the 4th of July. The snowplow got stuck down the road and that pinhead had the balls to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. I told him I broke 6 shovels already, shoveling out the crap he plowed into my driveway. I broke the 7th shovel over the butthead’s head. DAMN, ANOTHER SHOVEL WASTED! Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a deer ran out in front of the car and I hit the filthy creatures. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Wish those hunters would have killed them all last November. STUPID HUNTERS!

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town today. Would you believe the body is rotting away from all the friggin' salt they keep dumping all over the roads? It really looks like a piece of rusting crud. DAMN SALT!

May 10 - Moved to Florida today. I can't imagine why anyone in their right friggin' mind would want to live in the God forsaken State of Maine. I LOVE IT HERE. Damn! Something just bit me....

source: http://www.jokebuddha.com/joke/Maine_Diary#ixzz26jrGyqYC

Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,786 times
^ ^

THAT IS HILARIOUS!! So true!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
I'll take that snow, we just don't get enough here in the windy city.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM

157 posts, read 327,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Got me to thinkin':

"Maine Diary"
Dear Diary:

Aug. 1 - Moved to our new house in Maine. It is so beautiful here. The city is so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see it covered with snow. I LOVE IT HERE.

Oct. 14 - New England is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the hills and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I LOVE IT HERE.

Nov. 11 - Deer season will open soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such an elegant creature; the very symbol of peace and tranquility. Hope it will snow soon. I LOVE IT HERE.

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looked like a postcard. Went outside and cleaned snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight today (I won). When the snowplow came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Mother Nature in perfect harmony. I LOVE IT HERE.

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow guy did his trick again (that rascal). A winter wonderland. I LOVE IT HERE.

Dec. 19 - Snowed again last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work on time. I'm exhausted from shoveling. DAMN SNOWPLOW!

Dec. 22 - More of that white **** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm done shoveling. THAT BUTTHEAD!!!

Dec. 25 - "White Christmas" my busted ass. More friggin' snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-buck who drives that snowplow, I swear I will castrate the dumb SOB. Don't know why they don't use more salt on this cussed ice.

Dec. 28 - More of the same crap last night. Been inside since Christmas Day except for when "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere. The car is buried in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says expect another 10 inches of this **** tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is? ONE HELL OF ALOT!

Jan. 1 - Happy Friggin' New Year. The weatherman was wrong (AGAIN). We got 24 miserable inches of snow this time. At this rate it won't melt until the 4th of July. The snowplow got stuck down the road and that pinhead had the balls to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. I told him I broke 6 shovels already, shoveling out the crap he plowed into my driveway. I broke the 7th shovel over the butthead’s head. DAMN, ANOTHER SHOVEL WASTED! Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a deer ran out in front of the car and I hit the filthy creatures. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Wish those hunters would have killed them all last November. STUPID HUNTERS!

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town today. Would you believe the body is rotting away from all the friggin' salt they keep dumping all over the roads? It really looks like a piece of rusting crud. DAMN SALT!

May 10 - Moved to Florida today. I can't imagine why anyone in their right friggin' mind would want to live in the God forsaken State of Maine. I LOVE IT HERE. Damn! Something just bit me....

source: http://www.jokebuddha.com/joke/Maine_Diary#ixzz26jrGyqYC
So funny and true! Thx for sharing!
Knowing there could be a risk of frosty nights helps me in my packing planning for our flight up to Portland in about 10 days - we'll mostly be Downeast but as north as Lubec viewing homes. Hoping for cool nights and sweater temp days.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,128,627 times
I saw another one that I wish I could find about a guy with a snow blower that breaks down, but it starts the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine