Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 03:28 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times

Advertisements

"I prefer Jack. "

Jack Black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 05:25 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
I think they were talking about whine and cheese. For cheese I mostly prefer jack with peppers in it.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:27 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,551,229 times
Another 3 to 5 inchesof snow starting tonight (Sunday) and the ice is still thick on the trees. There is still a possibility of new power outages if this new snow weights down the branches. I was reading an article the other day about how extended length of time with tree ice can really cause damage, much more than breaking branches, as the core of the tree can be harmed. I certainly hope this won't happen but it is a possibility as it's been a week now of ice on the trees. We keep a heavy canvas over our snowblower and I was out there trying to dislodge some of the ice on it. Would you believe - over an inch?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:36 AM

506 posts, read 684,337 times
Lots of damaged trees here in Central Maine......and it's probably going to get worse. Looks like the chainsaw will get a good workout on my property this spring......unfortunately.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,171,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American girl View Post
The fire is nice but a toilet full of.........for five days, not so much
That's why you fill the bathtub and whatever bucket you can get your hands on with water.

Offhand (as a born here Mainah) I'd have to say "Welcome to Maine. This winter is the way it USED to be." All we need is a few more storms that dump more than a foot of snow. It's not looking good for a January thaw though unfortunately. Here's hoping.

We, my dear friends, have been spoiled rotten (as far as winters go) for the last 15 years or so IMHO.

Last edited by cebdark; 12-29-2013 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: added

Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,909,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
That's why you fill the bathtub and whatever bucket you can get your hands on with water.

Offhand (as a born here Mainah) I'd have to say "Welcome to Maine. This winter is the way it USED to be." All we need is a few more storms that dump more than a foot of snow. It's not looking good for a January thaw though unfortunately. Here's hoping.

We, my dear friends, have been spoiled rotten (as far as winters go) for the last 15 years or so IMHO.
200 inches of snow in 2007/08! After THAT winter, we're still in need of a few more years of being spoiled...

Old 12-30-2013, 01:36 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times
All clear on the Sunday snowfall. Radar shows the last of it passed out of Maine about 3:30 AM. Can't really call it a storm with no wind. It was just a snowy night. Time to go out and blow snow. I'm getting calls to blow snow because pickups have run out of room to push it. This doesn't usually happen til February. Good for me though. I don't put snow in little piles beside the driveway. I blow it 40 feet into the woods. The bumper stickers on both my lift arms say, "I put snow where it belongs!"

Old 12-30-2013, 04:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
"ICE" has become my new favorite three letter cuss word. Stepped out on my deck this morning and nearly fell on my butt.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:57 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,245,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post

It should have taken a little longer to get back to the weather of the 60s. I miss global warming.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:13 AM

642 posts, read 1,256,688 times
A foot of snow at my place last night and woke up to no power. Damn fool mistake to unplug my loaner generator. My brother had run it around to the front of the house, snaked it up through the dryer vent and plugged it into the dryer's 3 prong outlet. Now let me tell you Mister Man, I had one hell of time getting that cord back there and plugged in in the pitch black. Romance is wearing off this relationship with my generator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine