Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Flyer View Post
Look at Sunday's forecast, kids.

A few more weeks of this nonsense and I'll be one of those folks you see interviewed on the news saying, "This is it. I can't take another winter. I'm moving to Florida!"

Just kidding. I think.
Welcome to this thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/retir...-just-one.html

Last edited by in_newengland; 01-03-2014 at 05:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 05:29 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,551,229 times
OMG what a shock - yesterday it hit 50 degrees here for the whole day and the ice finally melted off the trees and shrubs and much of it melted off the roofs - after 15 days. Roads are nice and clear but the snow everywhere has that sheen to it. What a relief!! We had rain all day and a few hours of no rain before the temps plunged again into the teens. But at least the ice is gone from the trees. This is so funny to me. It was reportedly 26 in New Orleans and 5 in DC but I'm sure not "funny" to them. Lets hope the worst weather of the winter is over.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:37 AM

642 posts, read 1,256,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
OMG what a shock - yesterday it hit 50 degrees here for the whole day and the ice finally melted off the trees and shrubs and much of it melted off the roofs - after 15 days. Roads are nice and clear but the snow everywhere has that sheen to it. What a relief!! We had rain all day and a few hours of no rain before the temps plunged again into the teens. But at least the ice is gone from the trees. This is so funny to me. It was reportedly 26 in New Orleans and 5 in DC but I'm sure not "funny" to them. Lets hope the worst weather of the winter is over.
Rain in the winter is tough. I watched folks trying to walk on driveways and parking lots covered with ice today. My fuel company called and said they couldn't deliver until my road was sanded. BIL took the bus to Boston yesterday for a flight to Oregon and took the bus back to Ellsworth last night -all flights cancelled due, in part, to ice issues. Even my big dog, usually not a weather complainer, complained this morning when he couldn't keep his feet under him for his morning constitutional

It is a lovely thought to think the worst is over......I think that is overly optimistic

Old 01-07-2014, 06:41 AM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
I saw yesterday that Tampa Florida was only 1 degree warmer than Bangor Maine 41 vs 42....can that be true?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:30 AM

846 posts, read 1,021,137 times
Here in lovely Greensboro, NC it is 5 degrees. They said something about wind chill -15 but I think that is wussy degrees, I have the fire (insert in my fireplace) blazing it is 80 in the house, Bubba my Pekinese has taken up residence in front of the fireplace on his bed. He will not budge, except when I was getting my chicken stew going, he did move for the gizzards and liver for a brief interlude but returned hastily. I have to physically pick him up and move him to add wood to the fire and he growls viscously when I do, ungrateful little swine that he is. I turned the heat on in my shop because this guy in a red suit came to the house and left some Communist ceegars a few weeks back under a tree my wife erected and I need to continue my fight against Communism I started beginning at age 18 and destroy at least on of them today (Cohiba 35th Anniversary). I fear that Bubba may attack me so I need to give him some space! I lead a very difficult life some days!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:35 AM

ooops

Last edited by Kiwiluver; 01-07-2014 at 07:49 AM..

Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 AM

It appears to be warmer in Caribou today than here.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:31 AM

565 posts, read 936,049 times
Gonna go try to get some more rock salt for this ice, think it might be too cold for salt, but if thats the case will wait till tomorrow to apply it.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:26 PM

642 posts, read 1,256,688 times
Default Power out - again

Lost the power here at the newspaper today for some 30 minutes. Since December 22 I have seen only three whole days without a power outage. Mostly power out at home but once in the grocery store, once in a restaurant and three times here at work.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,245,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American girl View Post
Lost the power here at the newspaper today for some 30 minutes. Since December 22 I have seen only three whole days without a power outage. Mostly power out at home but once in the grocery store, once in a restaurant and three times here at work.
What's going on with the power over there? Ellsworth isn't supposed to lose power very often, never did. We have some friends that live near the hospital, and they were without power for 5 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine