Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:21 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappycamper View Post
Greetings, please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

And a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make
America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes forher/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and
warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

In short, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Lovely!!
This post offended no one!!! Though you could just shorten it and
say " Happy Holiday season!"

Thanks so much

Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,510 times
Default 'Nollaig shona duit!' Happy Christmas! .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IrishXmasgreeting.gif
Views:	135
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	11695

During the coming
Christmas season
May you be blessed
With the spirit of the season,
which is peace,
THe gladness of the season,
which is hope,
And the heart of the season,
which is love.
'Nollaig shona duit!' Happy Christmas!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:37 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I want to add my voice to the greetings, good wishes and felicitations being extended to this forum community.

"Metta" or "Loving Kindness Meditation" is part of my spiritual practice. The goal is to be able to start with one's self and loved ones and then move on and outward to people who are neutral in your life and then on to those who are really challenging and with whom you may have conflict and to sincerely wish: "May we all be filled with loving kindness; May we all be well: May we all be peaceful and at ease; May we all be truly happy." So be it!

That is my intention for all of us!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:36 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappycamper View Post
Greetings, please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

And a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make
America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes forher/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and
warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

In short, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
this is a hoot! May I quote it on my next year's winter holiday greeting cards?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Thumbs up Hello Quiet Walker! THANK YOU!

It was my pleasure! I am glad that you enjoyed reading it!

Thank you for your nice message as well! I appreciate it!

I wish you my very best, in trying to return to Church! I will say a little prayer for you!

As a Christian, I can tell you that the way I was brought up, & I dearly believe today, that I have so much more in common with my Jewish Brothers & Sisters than with any other Faith. And you are right, like you said, we are part of the same stream, closer than most people think or realize.

Enjoy this wonderful time of the year, it tends to bring out the best in people!

Many Blessings to you & your loved ones!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE OUT THERE in MAINE and to those that happen to read this!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Thank You Countrylv22,

For including me in your warm greeting. I grew up in a neighborhood where there was Christmas but no obvious Hannukah. Little kid, didn't know or give it another thought, but enjoyed several nearby Jewish families as friends. Forward... My ex, her parents were German Jew and Polish Catholic. Her Mom had the concentration camp number tatoo on her arm - she had survived. I never knew them, they passed before my time. But our Christmas holidays always had the extra special "Nosh" table. Friends dropping in all day, "eat a little bit here, eat a little bit there" We were very "popular" among all the friends.

Now trying to return to church after several decades, I had found a book by Thomas Cahill in a used book store "Gifts of the Jews" I had recognized his name from an earlier book. I read this book as well as his "Desire of the Everlasting Hills" They were quite "awakening" I had not ever read religion as a subject of such scholarship before. To me it had always been "Jesus and the Twelve - Jesus and his Merry Men" comicbook like, like I had learned in the 60's.

I used to think that Judaism was something way over there, and that Christianity was something way different way over here. But during reading these two books I found how we are all so very close part of the same stream.

I have a menorah of tea lights candles as well as my colorfull outdoor Christmas lights. And love the traditions that are celebrated in this house.

Very Best Regards,

To All !

qw

Old 12-15-2007, 08:41 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Cute as usual, country!! Keep 'em coming... and may my other family have a safe and blessed holiday season!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:04 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,426,329 times
I wish all you fine folks a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

If anyone of you was going to get me a gift,please make it a back brace as tomorrow at this time I'm sure I'll be experiencing "post shoveling traumatic disorder."

Old 12-15-2007, 02:27 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post

If anyone of you was going to get me a gift,please make it a back brace as tomorrow at this time I'm sure I'll be experiencing "post shoveling traumatic disorder."
I am very glad I spent 10 weeks building up my back muscles...now if there was just something I could do about the bursitis in my right shoulder.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I am very glad I spent 10 weeks building up my back muscles...now if there was just something I could do about the bursitis in my right shoulder.
I used to have bursitis in my elbow. It pestered me for a couple years, fortunately it seems to have gone away and has not bothered me for two years now.

I recommend alternating two different treatments for bursitis.

First treatment is my old buddy Ron Bacardi. When the bursitis is bothering you, use either 'black label' or 151, mixed 50/50 with coca-cola, drink a liter or until the bursitis no longer is the primary thing effecting your work.

The next time that bursitis bothers you treat with one of my other buddies Captain Morgan. When the bursitis is kicking in and beginning to really effect your work, use the Captain's spiced rum, mixed 50/50 with coca-cola, and drink a liter or until the bursitis no longer is the primary thing effecting your work.

Now as I was given to understand by my doc, bursitis is an inflammation of the semi-liquid cushiony pad that sits underneath your tendons. It makes pain to tell you that you have done wrong to your body, and that you need to stop. Obviously this thing 'hard work' is caused by an 'urge'. So the treatment is to remove the urge to do this to your body.

In my case I was shingling my roof by myself, hanging from a ladder rung leaning as far out as I could to reach. So my elbow's tendons needed to communicate to me that I was working too hard, which meant that I had to much 'urge'. Now by removing this urge to work hard and thus to hurt myself, eventually the inflammation went away.

So you need to alternate between these two treatments. Each time you need to drink liberally enough to completely remove any urge left in you to go out and work that hard.

Once you have conquered those pesky urges, your bursitis will eventually go away completely.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:29 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Old ladies get to go to bed with 2 guys each night,... Arthur-Itis and Ben-Gay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine