Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 AM

612 posts, read 1,216,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
I love pink. To wear, to drink, whatever!! I will be in Maine by then so unless I am tending a garden big enough to feed the entire county, I will be there. But, I have well over 100 packages of seeds waiting to go to Maine, so I am having my doubts that I will be doing more than weeding, weeding and more weeding.
Maybe the ya ya's should come to you, help you weed for produce when the garden is ready to harvest, build a fire for a cookout and party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 04:23 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
I think it's a bit too chilly in late May or early June to be on the back deck of the WACO, so maybe we'll have to think indoors somewhere if that's the consensus of the ya-ya's and yo-yo's.

A second first ever annual reunion would be great to have during the Salmon Festival, that would be September 7 this year, some really good eating then. Also, any of you who are Masons, the lodge opens for the fall on the 8th if you would want to attend. Mensaguy will be attending.

I think I'm going to bring some small gifts to all who attend, just as a Thank you for giving me some wonderful cyber friends to talk with and dream with all winter long. Are any of you glass collectors? Most of the well known glass companies are located in WV - Blenko, Fenton, Pilgrim, Kanawha, Westmoreland, Paden City, Homer Laughlin to name a few. I'd love to give a piece of art glass to all of you as a token of my appreciation for all of my new found friends. Or maybe just some local food products, we have ramp jelly, road kill coating mix, paw-paw jam, hillbilly stuff like that.
Just let me know a date so I can ask off and start pleading with DH. How about the bottom floor af the cannery/chowder house. Don't they have pool tables and such?

Old 02-03-2008, 07:59 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,424,082 times
Oh, DH LOVES pool. He also bowls quite well - used to be in a league and has *almost* bowled a perfect game - lost it in the LAST frame. Hugely bummed!! I don't think he's ever bowled in the nude, though.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:07 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Just let me know a date so I can ask off and start pleading with DH. How about the bottom floor af the cannery/chowder house. Don't they have pool tables and such?

That's a great idea, we won't bother the people upstairs when we start whooping and hollering!!

So, is the consensus for early June??

Old 02-04-2008, 05:58 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Oh, DH LOVES pool. He also bowls quite well - used to be in a league and has *almost* bowled a perfect game - lost it in the LAST frame. Hugely bummed!! I don't think he's ever bowled in the nude, though.
The nude bowling is somewhere near forest.. believe me most definitely not in Eastport.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
That's a great idea, we won't bother the people upstairs when we start whooping and hollering!!

So, is the consensus for early June??
Okay with DH and me.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
hey, I'm late chiming in and haven't read back but you all know that anytime is good with me and I'll do whatever we need to do

Old 02-06-2008, 03:17 PM

Default For the Ya Ya's

Today is February 6th and it is 83 degrees in north Florida. What happened to winter?

It feels like a heat wave or I’m having a hot flash!! Speaking of hot flashes, night sweats and all that goes with the big “M”. I remember the Oprah show that went on and on about how mid-life is a great time for women and how great menopause will be….

Puhleeeeeeeze! (I received these in an email and would like to share them with you ) .

Whether you are pushing 40, 50, 60 (or maybe even just pushing your luck) you’ll probably relate .

Mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down. This gives us plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.

In mid-life women no longer have upper arms, we have wingspans. We are no longer women in sleeveless shirts, we are flying squirrels in drag.

Mid-life is when you can stand naked in front of a mirror and you can see your rear without turning around.

Mid-life is when you go for a mammogram and you realize that this is the only time someone will ask you to appear topless.

Mid-life is when you want to grab every firm young lovely in a tube top and scream, “Listen honey, even the Roman empire fell and those will too.”

Mid-life brings wisdom to know that life throws us curves and we’re sitting on our biggest ones.

Mid-life is when you look at your-know-it-all, beeper-wearing teenager and think: “For this I have stretch marks?”

In mid-life your memory starts to go. In fact the only thing we can retain is water.

Mid-life means that your Body ByJake now includes Legs by Rand McNally –more red and blue lines than an accurately scaled map of Wisconsin.

Mid-life means that you become more reflective… You start pondering the “big” question. What is life? Why am I here? How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it’s no longer a healthy choice?

But mid-life also brings with it an appreciation for what is important.

We realize that breasts sag, hips expand, chins double, but our loved ones make the journey worthwhile. Would any of you trade the knowledge that you have now for the body you had way back when?

Maybe our bodies simply have to expand to hold all the wisdom and love we’ve acquired.

That’s my philosophy and I’m sticking to it!

REMEMBER: “Stressed” spelled backward is “desserts.”

Last edited by Eastport4me; 02-06-2008 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Font

Old 02-06-2008, 04:15 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Excellant post! Thanks

Old 02-06-2008, 05:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
REMEMBER: “Stressed” spelled backward is “desserts.”

and that's my favorite part!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine