Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 01:04 PM

2,028 posts, read 3,347,933 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if Pembroke has mail delivery at the house?

I'm guessing "no." This is the town that our favorite house is in so far. Now if only i can sell mine in NJ! Wish me luck.

(anyone who has other Pembroke info feel free to include it... we visited the town and the house a couple weeks ago)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 02:59 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,678,521 times
If the house is on a public road, Pembroke has rural delivery of mail. The post office does not deliver on private roads. If you are on a private road there is usually a row of mail boxes where the private road meets the public road.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:21 AM

16,669 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Does anyone know if Pembroke has mail delivery at the house?

I'm guessing "no." This is the town that our favorite house is in so far. Now if only i can sell mine in NJ! Wish me luck.

(anyone who has other Pembroke info feel free to include it... we visited the town and the house a couple weeks ago)
They have mail boxes, so I assume they have mail delivery. I did some work at a house in Pembroke a few months ago and parked right next to a mail box on a post when I was there.

Pembroke is a nice little town, not too far from Eastport, Lubec, Whiting, and Perry. There are 2 gas station/convenience stores. They were building a Dollar General store the last time I was there a few months ago.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:43 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,902,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
They have mail boxes, so I assume they have mail delivery. I did some work at a house in Pembroke a few months ago and parked right next to a mail box on a post when I was there.

Pembroke is a nice little town, not too far from Eastport, Lubec, Whiting, and Perry. There are 2 gas station/convenience stores. They were building a Dollar General store the last time I was there a few months ago.
I read this and thought it was weird that Pembroke could be getting a Dollar General...... I was thinking Pembroke only had a couple hundred people. So I looked it up and realized it's bigger than that.
I was shocked to see the historical trend though.....from over 2,500 residents to less than 800 today.
Am assuming there are lots of old homes for sale in town at a cheap price....

Old 12-28-2016, 11:45 AM

Thank You.

I'm a retired postal worker and i was trying to look online and figure it out. It doesnt matter so much if the local PO is close, i just know that you have to keep your box at home shoveled out so the carrier can get to it with no problem. The things we think of...

We really like that area. The house is on Hardy Point Rd.

We stayed in Machias, and also liked it there.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:01 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,239,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I read this and thought it was weird that Pembroke could be getting a Dollar General...... I was thinking Pembroke only had a couple hundred people. So I looked it up and realized it's bigger than that.
I was shocked to see the historical trend though.....from over 2,500 residents to less than 800 today.
Am assuming there are lots of old homes for sale in town at a cheap price....
There are a number of homes for sale, but I would hesitate to call thm cheap.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:07 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,902,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
There are a number of homes for sale, but I would hesitate to call thm cheap.
Let me guess: waterfront = $200,000
water view = 100,000
neither = 50,000

Old 12-28-2016, 02:30 PM

You can get waterfront for under $170K. (It's an inlet.) All the way down to $129K. (asking prices)

(I call it an "inlet" but the realtor calls it "Pennamaquon Bay." In my Jersey shore days we called them inlets.)

Old 12-28-2016, 02:51 PM

846 posts, read 1,019,847 times
Nice area, I live down the road on a New Jersey "inlet" and enjoy it immensely.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiluver View Post
Nice area, I live down the road on a New Jersey "inlet" and enjoy it immensely.
Hey... Cool! We really want to buy the house, but i still have to sell mine. That's always a problem... I don't have money to buy until i SELL.

Maybe we'll be "neighbors." I was happy to see the Pie Ladies nearby!

Last edited by Jellybean50; 12-28-2016 at 03:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine