Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
We are still in chaos. the most ghetto trailer is not QUITE empty though that will be completed in a day or so of odd trips. I am heading back that way for hopefully the last of the little stuff after work this afternoon. That should leave the washer-dryer, which we need to make a place for at home anyway.... it is a stacked unit and the new laundry room has a high cabinet that must be removed.

We pretty much wore out a set of friends (no, not that they are no longer friends... just hurting ballplayers after the load-and-unload party!.. Forest, you know that drill well, eh?) KUDOS to KAF and her hubby and dad... all of whom hung around to the bitter end when any sane person would have bailed before the day was half done.

Have got little put away yet... but as I keep saying, I have the rest of my life to make it right, now! LOL
The critters are settling in as well... the hutch unit here was left at the place, and the kitties enjoying it are (left to right) FuzzyButt aka Sherrie, Agnes, Buster and Ghost. Underneath, Kindness peeks out from behind Sparky (not shown, babies Moose and 13 and big kitty Harker) while Brandi counts to make sure all her cats are accounted for.
Nice herd there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,151,481 times
I'm really happy for all of you

Old 08-18-2008, 10:11 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,958 times
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:07 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
They look at home already!

Old 08-18-2008, 03:16 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
Star I've been away and I'm still catching up..... I'm SO excited for you! Congratulations to you and K-- enjoy!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Looks real nice! plant some trees on that north forty. makes a fine windbreak.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:47 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
(*I posted a note here) but it's probably on one of those days my computer was lagging or something. I thought it was sent)

I'm so happy for you star. I hoped for something good for you both and it seems like this has lifted your spirits.

Congratulations for a long wait, worth it.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:58 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
(*I posted a note here) but it's probably on one of those days my computer was lagging or something. I thought it was sent)

I'm so happy for you star. I hoped for something good for you both and it seems like this has lifted your spirits.

Congratulations for a long wait, worth it.
Lifted my spirits, yeah... big time... but the ol' carcass is truly dragging... LOL
Massage appointment this morning, arranged BEFORE the move, will fix that, I hope.

We got stuff to do around home for sure... we put up a new door on the bedroom yesterday and will make and install a threshhold today, so the kitties can stay in there and the palatial master bath and I can begin to set up my Craft room. THAT will allow us to be able to move around the living room I think, as it seems every box I go to deal with says "Craft room" on it and with that being the feline gulag at present... well they are plotting for a jail break I know, and if they all rushed the door when my hands were full it would be a rout.

KAF clued us into the back door to the Universe, having lived in a similar model trailer at one point... and we have not blocked it up so if they were to escape into the general quarters, we would be hunting kitties under the trailer -- again -- but at least this time it wouldn't be in winter conditions.

We should be done hauling odd ends and have the ghetto trailer cleaned out by the end of this weekend, even though I am plotting to finally meet up with my FIRST Maine friend -- a lady I met through the museum I work with in NC -- at the folk festival this weekend.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 AM

612 posts, read 1,216,510 times
Star & K,
Congratulations on your new home. I love all the land you have. I have a visual of trees, gardens and a meadow of wildflowers. Good Luck.

I had an awesome summer decorating & gardening to make our cottage a home. Janice

Old 08-23-2008, 04:30 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
Star & K,
Congratulations on your new home. I love all the land you have. I have a visual of trees, gardens and a meadow of wildflowers. Good Luck.

I had an awesome summer decorating & gardening to make our cottage a home. Janice
thank you.... and thanks everyone for your good wishes and thoughts. Last evening I walked the entire perimeter for the first time, in places through annual growth that was nearly as tall as I am! You are right, that Maine WANTS to grow trees... in the back part there are baby birch treest (I think... or some kin of theirs by the leaves) trying to compete with the grasses and wildflowers. I will have to learn to scythe selectively, I guess. LOL There are lilacs across the back, next to the neighbor's fence and a place along most of the back sides and back of the land where the neighbor had fenced (with permission) to allow the horses to go, which made my walkabout easier.

I met the horsey neighbor as I walked and we talked about maintaining the boundary along her electric fence and dogs, cats, horses... The former owner showed me where she had her garden and the neighbor confirmed the location and shared that Angela had fought constant battles with the deer, as they could "sneak through the tall growth" to pilfer, and did not feel exposed in doing so. She agreed with my proposed placement of the fruit bushes, berries and gardens in the front, in a more exposed -- and more actively human-scented -- area.

Now I just need to connect with someone to turn the earth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: