Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 05:59 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Just catching back up on the thread. Great news dramma. Good luck with it. Ever wonder where the saying "break a leg" came from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Congrats! I love "spoofs"
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Break a Leg....it looks like a lot of fun! Enjoy yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
I wanted to send a note saying good luck and congratulations! Sounds so0oo exciting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatrebrit View Post
Well done Dramamama!

Sounds exciting! Tell us all about it when you can.
Just look at all these well wishes! I heart you guys. I promise to keep you posted!!! Thanks so much for your wonderful as ever support!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:25 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
ahh thank you Star... (oh star...bring some more "Hex cards when you come."
Customers are swiping them!
Well if you are going to be in Bangor, why not come out and pick them up yourself -- and you can see my digs, craft room and all...

Call me for directions, it's just up Union St. from Bangor... though if you are coming after 1 PM you can just stop at the store in Levant (a little closer to town) and get them. They won't mind... Monday is a slow day and you'll likely find me washing shelves somewhere...

Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Well if you are going to be in Bangor, why not come out and pick them up yourself
I won't be able to swing over.
*I'll be picking up a rental car
* Going to Sams Club for supplies
* Restaurant Store for supplies
* Home Depot
&
* Have to be home by 3 for the kids.

It's a speeeeeeeedyyyyyyyyyy trip up and back.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:34 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
Quote:

Slips a note across the room like a class room, passing it to molly, then star, then el, then mainebroker, then Mainewriter, forest till it reaches 7th.

hummmm wonder what the note says??

Dear Mr.7th,
Congratulations! You have won our monthly contest- name our restaurant!
You and a guest will be flown to Baileyville, Maine to an all exclusive weekend get-away. Dine in our elegant facility while enjoying the best entertainment north of Bangor.
After the meal, you and your guest will travel to Eastport and the entertainment continues with other members of City-Data!

Offer not valid to employees or relatives of City-Data. Terms of this offer can be terminated at any time without warning. Only persons 18 years or older are eligible. If you have high blood pressure, glaucoma, diabetes, have trouble sleeping or have reoccurring back pain in the early afternoon, please consult a physician. This prize cannot be deemed an endorsement of this site or it's parent company. Please see the expiration terms of this contest and not valid with McDonald's coupons.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:46 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times

that's too funny!!

Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Feel free to donate your gift certificate to me, 7th! It will take me a LONG time to try everything on that menu that I'd like to try. It all looks SOOO yummy! {insert drooling smiley face here}

Old 03-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,012 times
Anything that's not Mexican food looks good to us. Not that the food here isn't good. It's just that Mexican is all we can get, and you get tired of it REAL fast. I'll miss the tortillas, though--taste like biscuits!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:21 AM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times
Tankratt seen drinking cold ales and eating lobster tails? Real soon, wooo hoooo..... the trip is booked, lobster fest here we come. Will be in Maine July 25 to Aug 1 Only thing set in stone is the lobster fest and Lou Gram is playing Thursday July 30

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Move over Myth Busters - I'm dispelling a myth today! What a blast! I spent some time talking with a writer for National Geographic Kids. She's dispelling urban myths. The myth she called me about happens to be my favorite - turkeys look up into the rain and drown. Reflexes will take care of that. We've raised hundreds of birds and have yet to see one that looked up and didn't shake the water from its face when it got wet. If all goes well and I don't end up underneath the delete key (like OG does to me) it will be in the October issue of Nat Geo Kids.

I've heard this a lot. People SWEAR they've seen it happen. When I ask them why they'd watch this happen the story changes a little. Nobody wants to admit they'd waste their money, their labor and resources to watch the bird die simply so they could say they it happens. So they didn't reallllly see it themselves but Uncle Fred's cousin Tom's mother's sister's father's girlfriend's uncle saw it happen!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 AM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times
If turkeys did do that and it was true wouldnt they be extinct by now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine