Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:14 PM

59 posts, read 258,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphmalph View Post
It is pretty amazing how this disaster has turned up so many kooks. I may have a different opinion of who the kooks are here, but there are not many people who I believe. Of course there is no way to verify much of what has been posted here. So we all can believe what we want.

Personally, I am not sure if I should believe that MDH has refunded a single penny. At this point in time, why would they? With 950 mortgages going unpaid, how would giving partial refunds to a small handful of victims help their situation? MDH can not bring in any more cash in MD and VA. Even if they continue to operate in other states, I don't see how a trickle of good news would overcome all the bad press they have had up to this point. I also would expect the real estate agents and loan officers to be a lot more wary now that BB&T has terminated personnel for dealing with this scam. That kind of news travels fast in the financial circles. So how much cash can MDH be bringing in now? Not much!

Maybe I am too cynical, but I think there is more than one MDH agent posting here, or maybe one person using multiple persona. I think that in the final collapse of the scam they are grasping at straws. Although I don't think anyone rational would give a hoot about this thread (or the scamdotcom thread) I don't know how rational MDH principals are that this point.

Can anyone verify that *any* refunds have been given to victims of the scam?
Yeah.....Im withya 100% on these points, Ralph

Maybe its just me, but I NEVER heard Andy say "we'll give refunds", even though that's how the Fredericksburg newspaper reported the "MDH Responds" video on metrotvnetworks.com . I listened pretty carefully to every video posted there and I never heard it.....but there's a few hours worth of video, so maybe I missed it.

I am starting to envision MDH as a diverse group of entrepeneurs that were frequently not going in the same direction. I believe Andy was "selling" franchises in the MDH concept. (There was that one amazing bit in his speech where he explained the cash flow payments to other 'affiliates'). If any of the principals are posting and reading these threads, they are more pathetic than I thought.........more likely they are digging in and preparing to run for the border.

Last edited by sagegriot; 09-26-2007 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Deleted (which by the way is no longer functional)wrt metrotvnetwork.com

Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 PM

15 posts, read 51,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagegriot View Post
Yeah.....Im withya 100% on these points, Ralph

Maybe its just me, but I NEVER heard Andy say "we'll give refunds", even though that's how the Fredericksburg newspaper reported the "MDH Responds" video on metrotvnetworks.com . I listened pretty carefully to every video posted there and I never heard it.....but there's a few hours worth of video, so maybe I missed it.

I am starting to envision MDH as a diverse group of entrepeneurs that were frequently not going in the same direction. I believe Andy was "selling" franchises in the MDH concept. (There was that one amazing bit in his speech where he explained the cash flow payments to other 'affiliates'). If any of the principals are posting and reading these threads, they are more pathetic than I thought.........more likely they are digging in and preparing to run for the border.

I unfortunately watched it toooooo many times. It was like watching a peep show. I just could not believe they were proud of it! I admittedly almost memorized some of it! Like--"You have to understand that we are going through growing pains. Does any of you know how much money was sent out in June that should not have been?????? Now maybe some of you thought you should have gotten that extra check. No one returned it and no one called us asking what it was for. Well in June we paid out an extra $600K that should not have been sent and no one returned it." AND THIS WAS POSTED BY THEM FOR THEIR DEFENSE! And BTW I was just on it earlier this evening and it was working...at least the Board Meeting Reply. But in that video Andy does offer to refund anyone's money. No one stands up!!!! He gives this invitation and everyone sat there!!! (Maybe there was firing squads posted strategically around the room out the camara's vision...but NO ONE stood up and said a thing...like "Yeah, I'll take mine." Jaw dropping amazing!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 PM

15 posts, read 51,232 times
Oh yeah, Just remembered that Andy said something like...Anyone who accidently joined this can get their money back right now. We don't want anyone as a member who didn't mean to join.... Now me, I would have been waving my hand, jumping up and down and saying..."That's me. Just sent you all that money accidentally. Thanks so much Andy! You are as wonderful as everyone here thinks you are! How truly kind of you! Can we just go ahead and do the paperwork right now in front of them and you can prove how generous you are?" But NOOOOO...no one said a thing. Just sat there.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:00 AM

51 posts, read 180,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM BACK View Post
guess who, very interesting. I CAN ONLY TELL YOU MY EXPERIENCE. I REFINANCED MY CURRENT HOME THAT I WAS ALREADY IN AND GAVE MDH 50,000.00. I USED MY OWN APPRAISAL, IT WAS NOT PROVIDED BY MDH. I WAS STUPID YES YET I WAS SOME WHAT CAUTIOUS. I OWED 357,000 AND MY HOME WAS APPRAISED AT 500,000. I ONLY TOOK OUT 50,000 WHICH LEFT MET AT 407,000. I WENT NO FURTHER CAUSE I FIGURED IF IT WENT BAD I COULD AFFORD IT. YES MOST OF US WERE SUCKER'S AND THE REST WERE JUST PLAIN GREEDY. I RECEIVED A GOOD PORTION BACK, HOWEVER I LOST ABOUT 16 GRAND. BUT IM NOT BITTER AND SURE AS I SIT HERE I DONT THINK I'LL EVER SEE THE REST OF MY MONEY. BUT I HAVE A SNEAKY SUSPICION THAT HE MAY BE HIDING THE LOOT. FOR A RAINY DAY. I KEEP IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH WHATS GOING ON, BUT IM NOT OVERLY OBSESSED BECAUSE I KNEW THE RISK AND I TOOK IT. SOME PEOPLE JUST GOT TO GREEDY AND WENT IN WITH ALL THERE SAVINGS, RULE #1 PUT YOUR TRUST IN GOD NOT MAN. NO IM NOT ANDY AND IM NOT AN INSIDER BUT MARK MY WORDS HE WILL COME UP WITH SOMETHING BECAUSE IF HE DOESN'T HE WILL CERTAINLY GO TO JAIL. BY WORKING IN THE COURT HOUSE I CAN TELL YOU THAT MD TALKS TOUGH BUT THIS IS A VERY LIBERAL STATE. TOUGH TALK BUT THEY WILL DO LITTLE . VIRGINIA ON THE OTHER WILL GET HIM FASTER THAN MD WILL. THATS WHY THE DC SNIPER WAS TRIED IN VA AND NOT MD (GOD BLESS THE VICTIMS) HE ACTUALLY
KILLED MORE PEOPLE MD. I BELIEVE HE'LL EASILY GET OUT OF IT IN MD AND GO TO JAIL IN VA. . YOU FOLKS FROM SCAM. COM WHO REMEMBER ME DRIVE ON, BUT JUST REMEMBER I TOLD YOU A LONG TIME AGO THAT "ITS A HARDKNOCK LIFE" I'LL TALK TO YOU GUYS IN A WEEK OR SO. I HAVE CUT MY LOSES AND MOVED ON. IM NOT GOING TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY AND WASTE MORE MONEY ON THIS STUFF. MD , VA OR ANOTHER STATE WILL EVENTUALLY SOLVE THIS MESS WITH GOV'T MONEY NOT MINE, JUST THINK IF THE PEOPLE WHO LOST IN ENRON DIDNT GET THEIR MONEY BACK, OUR CHANCES ARE SLIM BUT THERE ARE SOME DIE HARD BELIEVERS WHO THINK THAT ANDY CAN SAVE IT, WE WILL KNOW BY DEC 07. IM JUST CONFUSED ON ONE POINT BASED ON THE MD COURT PROCEEDINGS THAT I HEARD THERE IS NO WAY HES GOING TO GET THE C&D LIFTED . BUT WHY NO DECISION YET WHO KNOWS. THERE PROBALLY WORKING A DEAL GOOD OLD MD I SEE EVERY DAY ARMED ROBBERY IN MD WILL GET YOU ABOUT 11
MONTHS . GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Hardknocklife, it is good to see you are not Andy! This is one name we can eliminate that is a associated with bigmommatia and nalege4ya. BTW, great to have you on-board!

Old 09-27-2007, 05:09 AM

8 posts, read 24,459 times
To All

Let's hope the VA side does get somewhere with this. For the record, cjett is reading this forum and is looking/needing leads. You are all much more knowledgeable in this so please give her leads.

For the record, as stated in cjetts Aug.17th article, Fredericksburg Dream Homes opened this year and is registered as a limited liability company with Bethena as the registered agent. She also heads the MG DiVinc Foundation and is the wife of Isaac Smith, a former president of Metro Grapevine. They live in a 949,000 home in Spotsy. Any connection? The neighborhood rumor is that they paid cash for this home. Again, I said only a rumor, but someone more knowledgeable than I should be able to find this out. If true, you now know where some of the money went. At least someones mortage was paid off.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMom View Post
To All

Let's hope the VA side does get somewhere with this. For the record, cjett is reading this forum and is looking/needing leads. You are all much more knowledgeable in this so please give her leads.

For the record, as stated in cjetts Aug.17th article, Fredericksburg Dream Homes opened this year and is registered as a limited liability company with Bethena as the registered agent. She also heads the MG DiVinc Foundation and is the wife of Isaac Smith, a former president of Metro Grapevine. They live in a 949,000 home in Spotsy. Any connection? The neighborhood rumor is that they paid cash for this home. Again, I said only a rumor, but someone more knowledgeable than I should be able to find this out. If true, you now know where some of the money went. At least someones mortage was paid off.
Razzi also reads this thread. Maybe Razzi and Cjetts can team-up and really lower the boom on these crooks. That would be nice :-)

Last edited by Rey19; 09-27-2007 at 05:38 AM..

Old 09-27-2007, 07:07 AM

59 posts, read 258,441 times
I went back through the board meeting video, and I was wrong in saying Andy did not offer refunds, as AR Todaro pinpointed, but he did it in such a way that it was hard to tell if he was serious. I don't intend to suffer throught the "MDH Responds" video again, but that would have been a more appropriate place to state thier refund policy.

How do you guys know the reporters are reading these posts? (just curious). As I stated, I am really disappointed with the Post and feel cjett stole thier thunder. I saw cjett skulking around as 'lois lane' on another forum, and I gave her a great tip...hope she followed up on it. I say 'skulking' as a joke, as she fully disclosed her identity.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagegriot View Post
I went back through the board meeting video, and I was wrong in saying Andy did not offer refunds, as AR Todaro pinpointed, but he did it in such a way that it was hard to tell if he was serious. I don't intend to suffer throught the "MDH Responds" video again, but that would have been a more appropriate place to state thier refund policy.

How do you guys know the reporters are reading these posts? (just curious). As I stated, I am really disappointed with the Post and feel cjett stole thier thunder. I saw cjett skulking around as 'lois lane' on another forum, and I gave her a great tip...hope she followed up on it. I say 'skulking' as a joke, as she fully disclosed her identity.
Most reporting is investigative and if you Google on Metro Dream Homes this thread hits w/ScamDotCom. I've read the Razzi forums and she investigates all sources. She is very thorough and uses the Internet pretty heavily. I am 100% certain she is reading this thread for leads.

Last edited by Rey19; 09-27-2007 at 07:21 AM..

Old 09-27-2007, 07:32 AM

15 posts, read 48,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphmalph View Post
It is pretty amazing how this disaster has turned up so many kooks. I may have a different opinion of who the kooks are here, but there are not many people who I believe. Of course there is no way to verify much of what has been posted here. So we all can believe what we want.

Personally, I am not sure if I should believe that MDH has refunded a single penny. At this point in time, why would they? With 950 mortgages going unpaid, how would giving partial refunds to a small handful of victims help their situation? MDH can not bring in any more cash in MD and VA. Even if they continue to operate in other states, I don't see how a trickle of good news would overcome all the bad press they have had up to this point. I also would expect the real estate agents and loan officers to be a lot more wary now that BB&T has terminated personnel for dealing with this scam. That kind of news travels fast in the financial circles. So how much cash can MDH be bringing in now? Not much!

Maybe I am too cynical, but I think there is more than one MDH agent posting here, or maybe one person using multiple persona. I think that in the final collapse of the scam they are grasping at straws. Although I don't think anyone rational would give a hoot about this thread (or the scamdotcom thread) I don't know how rational MDH principals are that this point.

Can anyone verify that *any* refunds have been given to victims of the scam?
Yes Ralph, I finally got my admin fee refunded but it wasn't easy at all.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:05 AM

32 posts, read 133,054 times
I guess it was reported both here and at scam.com, but 5linx is one I didn't know about. I just saw the logo on the myspace page and did some searching. The site seems to be down, but you can still read the text in the cached version at google, 5linx.com and 5linx.net. One of these pages lists "NFL Hall of Fame Quarter Back - Jim Kelly" as being connected with them.

I am amazed at the nerve these guys show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland