Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM

200 posts, read 293,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XX View Post
Lets just say I wasn't born or raised here but been living here for a while. And I always thought marylanders were pretty corny. Either poor white trash or country. Like people from Laurel or Ann Arundel. Or boring typical uppity with no personality. Like people from Columbia. And the only time I run into actual cool laid back people with a lot of personality is when I go out of state. Those are always the best times of my life. I've been stuck here for a while.

No one has nothing going on around here. AT ALL

But something just happened in the last 2 years that made marylanders look even worse than they already did to me. Didn't think that could happen. Lol It's that bad. I got some really bad scars on my face, so they made me look older. And all of a sudden everydbody and their momma. Literally. Started calling me "Ma'am". I'm in my 20's and nowhere near old enough to be called that. Especially by other 20 year olds. Everybody completely changed up on me. They acted like they were scared and all they could say was "ma'am". yes ma'am. no ma'am. Thats it. They don't wanna get in any conversation with you. Marylander attitudes are fake and you act like southern slaves.

Marylanders aren't that bright, so I'm not surpirsed they actually thought the scars were old age and not the obvious scars that they are.

BUT WHO GIVES A SHZZ even if I was some older person. I never even knew every single one of you all did that with older people until I got the scars. They act completely different around someone just because they think they're a certain age. They actually act like they're scared and can't speak.

That's some STRANGE shzz, You all are a bunch of weirdos.

I never cared how old someone was I treat people like people. LOL Who gives a crap how old they are.

It took a year for my scars to heal and literally every single day of my life I got called that the year I had them, by young people and old ones. I'm talking actual people who should be called ma'am. Like 60 years old and over. That was weird as h3ll. Some 60 year old calling a 20 year old ma'am.

And as soon as my scars healed now you fake people are back to calling me hon, sweetie and other annoying little titles, like before I got the scars. And they've completely changed up. Completely relaxed around me and talk like normal again. LOL that shzz is so weak. AND FAKE

I bet a million dollars right now that if you're reading this and you were born in this crappy state you called a couple chicks "ma'am" this week.

Trust me people wanna be treated like people not like a sargeant in the army or some old broad. Because all you're doing is calling them old. And no one cares but you.

Be respectful in your actions not in some lame old sounding word. Just saying ma'am doesn't make you respectful because some of you all got too effing bold with me because you were dumb enough to think I was old and wouldn't kick your a$$.

It's fake when you act one way around one person because you judge their looks (the wrong way - how dumb is that) bad enough if I was actually old.

If you can't be yourself around someone because you think they're a different age, or same old age, whatever your corny problem is, then you're a weak loser. I SHOULD'VE BEEN CALLING YOU ALL ma'am as old as a lot of the people who called me that looked. But I could care less. I dont look at age I look at the person. Imagine that. Plus I'm just not that dam corny. That stuff 's for the kind of people I don't hang around. No one dare says that in front of me now. Because you all know better now. If you saw me (with the scars gone) you'd see i'm far from looking like a "Ma'am". I dont look old, homely, or church like. I've always been edgey and sassy. I just had scars.

Plus every single one of you look corny saying it. Like a bunch of slaves. I swear if felt like I was everyones master... as corny as you all say it. "yes ma' am! yes ma'am!. lol ewwww

Get a life losers. Even though you're not going anywhere. I knew you all were losers the day I got stuck here . No need to rub it in.

Eww I can't stand marylanders. Cant wait to get out of this hole full of no life losers.

1 MORE THING IF YOU'RE A MARYLAND GUY READING THIS

Trust me Maryland is known to be a bad state for finding any guys worth dating. A lot of females complain about it if they get stuck here. The only ones who will take you are probably other lame marylanders. Maryland guys don't look good or act like the sexy manly kind of men you find in other parts of the country and definitely where I'm from. Lol everytime some dude called me that I wanted to throw up in my mouth. It's not attractive AT ALL. Makes you look like another girl or a wuss. Both. Trust me no girl is gonna get with you if you're calling her that corny word. Grow balls maryland guys. If you have any to grow.

I've always smelled wussiness off of every guy born in this state. And even now while you're trying to talk me I just wanna pimp slap u. Forget it I'm not gay. I like MEEENN (sexy1's). not girls. Not gonna happen.. never was never will.

This guy/gal/whatever was probably the Queen of the Prom and a Valedictorian to boot.
If this is a woman speaking this way the only guy who would take her is some guy who is afraid to speak up for himself or one who will thankfully slap her around a bit.
What I can't figure out is why someone so unhappy in life lives in a place that grates to the point of blogging on this forum. A big L belongs on that forehead.
Gee, I can't own a pit bull here and haven't left yet. I am hoping the liberal pinheads in Annapolis get their facts straight and change the BSL they have enacted. It should be up for referendum. I will give them a couple of years.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 PM

315 posts, read 767,703 times
Wow. Just, wow.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:19 PM

214 posts, read 281,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XX View Post
Lets just say I wasn't born or raised here but been living here for a while. And I always thought marylanders were pretty corny. Either poor white trash or country. Like people from Laurel or Ann Arundel. Or boring typical uppity with no personality. Like people from Columbia. And the only time I run into actual cool laid back people with a lot of personality is when I go out of state. Those are always the best times of my life. I've been stuck here for a while.

No one has nothing going on around here. AT ALL

But something just happened in the last 2 years that made marylanders look even worse than they already did to me. Didn't think that could happen. Lol It's that bad. I got some really bad scars on my face, so they made me look older. And all of a sudden everydbody and their momma. Literally. Started calling me "Ma'am". I'm in my 20's and nowhere near old enough to be called that. Especially by other 20 year olds. Everybody completely changed up on me. They acted like they were scared and all they could say was "ma'am". yes ma'am. no ma'am. Thats it. They don't wanna get in any conversation with you. Marylander attitudes are fake and you act like southern slaves.

Marylanders aren't that bright, so I'm not surpirsed they actually thought the scars were old age and not the obvious scars that they are.

BUT WHO GIVES A SHZZ even if I was some older person. I never even knew every single one of you all did that with older people until I got the scars. They act completely different around someone just because they think they're a certain age. They actually act like they're scared and can't speak.

That's some STRANGE shzz, You all are a bunch of weirdos.

I never cared how old someone was I treat people like people. LOL Who gives a crap how old they are.

It took a year for my scars to heal and literally every single day of my life I got called that the year I had them, by young people and old ones. I'm talking actual people who should be called ma'am. Like 60 years old and over. That was weird as h3ll. Some 60 year old calling a 20 year old ma'am.

And as soon as my scars healed now you fake people are back to calling me hon, sweetie and other annoying little titles, like before I got the scars. And they've completely changed up. Completely relaxed around me and talk like normal again. LOL that shzz is so weak. AND FAKE

I bet a million dollars right now that if you're reading this and you were born in this crappy state you called a couple chicks "ma'am" this week.

Trust me people wanna be treated like people not like a sargeant in the army or some old broad. Because all you're doing is calling them old. And no one cares but you.

Be respectful in your actions not in some lame old sounding word. Just saying ma'am doesn't make you respectful because some of you all got too effing bold with me because you were dumb enough to think I was old and wouldn't kick your a$$.

It's fake when you act one way around one person because you judge their looks (the wrong way - how dumb is that) bad enough if I was actually old.

If you can't be yourself around someone because you think they're a different age, or same old age, whatever your corny problem is, then you're a weak loser. I SHOULD'VE BEEN CALLING YOU ALL ma'am as old as a lot of the people who called me that looked. But I could care less. I dont look at age I look at the person. Imagine that. Plus I'm just not that dam corny. That stuff 's for the kind of people I don't hang around. No one dare says that in front of me now. Because you all know better now. If you saw me (with the scars gone) you'd see i'm far from looking like a "Ma'am". I dont look old, homely, or church like. I've always been edgey and sassy. I just had scars.

Plus every single one of you look corny saying it. Like a bunch of slaves. I swear if felt like I was everyones master... as corny as you all say it. "yes ma' am! yes ma'am!. lol ewwww

Get a life losers. Even though you're not going anywhere. I knew you all were losers the day I got stuck here . No need to rub it in.

Eww I can't stand marylanders. Cant wait to get out of this hole full of no life losers.

OMG I completely agree with you! I dont know how they treat older people but I've been down here for about a year now and I noticed that marylanders, depending on your looks, do treat certain people really bad compared to others. I consider myself an average looking 34 year old with a really friendly open personality. I am originally from Ohio and I just moved from the Vegas area.

Marylanders have extreme negative energy! They're really miserable people. I just attended a workshop here in maryland about having positive and negative energy where I talked about this. They dont smile or will give any eye contact. I get the cold shoulder all the time around here. I'll try and talk to cashiers and they brush me off. They don't have a customer friendly attitude at all. But my roommate who is a little bit younger than me and I think alot more attractive says she has no problems.

I notice it too. For example we will be in the same line at the store and the cashier will be friendly and open with her and then when I approach they get distant, rigid and quiet. I do get called ma'am alot also. Even though I don't think I look old enough. While my friend who is only a couple years younger gets called miss. She looks younger than 32. She could pass for 25 or 24. This is just one incident out of many.

We have talked about it enough where I've made the decision to not want to be around these judgemental miserable acting people. I pity them. I have never had this problem until I moved here.

Last edited by underated9; 11-03-2012 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: sorry I didn't mean to bold the whole text

Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
OMG I completely agree with you! I dont know how they treat older people but I've been down here for about a year now and I noticed that marylanders, depending on your looks, do treat certain people really bad compared to others. I consider myself an average looking 34 year old with a really friendly open personality. I am originally from Ohio and I just moved from the Vegas area.

Marylanders have extreme negative energy! They're really miserable people. I just attended a workshop here in maryland about having positive and negative energy where I talked about this. They dont smile or will give any eye contact. I get the cold shoulder all the time around here. I'll try and talk to cashiers and they brush me off. They don't have a customer friendly attitude at all. But my roommate who is a little bit younger than me and I think alot more attractive says she has no problems.

I notice it too. For example we will be in the same line at the store and the cashier will be friendly and open with her and then when I approach they get distant, rigid and quiet. I do get called ma'am alot also. Even though I don't think I look old enough. While my friend who is only a couple years younger gets called miss. She looks younger than 32. She could pass for 25 or 24. This is just one incident out of many.

We have talked about it enough where I've made the decision to not want to be around these judgemental miserable acting people. I pity them. I have never had this problem until I moved here.

I think these issues lie on you, not the people. If you keep comparing yourself to your roommate, you will have some serious issues lying ahead of you. It is not a great indicator of how people act. And I do not understand how people can be "distant, rigid and quiet if they are "judgmental, miserable acting people". A quiet person isn't "judgmental" to others if they aren't saying anything.

And does the OP know what "corny" means? I'm glad you are not from Maryland because unlike you, we know what "corny" means.. Your post(s) does not correlate with the thread title so what you are saying makes no sense at all.

Last edited by rsh56; 11-03-2012 at 10:12 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 PM

7 posts, read 43,293 times
Default I gurantee you are the corny one

I guess thats why Maryland is the weslthiest state in the union because of its corny marylanders

Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post

I think these issues lie on you, not the people. If you keep comparing yourself to your roommate, you will have some serious issues lying ahead of you. It is not a great indicator of how people act. And I do not understand how people can be "distant, rigid and quiet if they are "judgmental, miserable acting people". A quiet person isn't "judgmental" to others if they aren't saying anything.

And does the OP know what "corny" means? I'm glad you are not from Maryland because unlike you, we know what "corny" means.. Your post(s) does not correlate with the thread title so what you are saying makes no sense at all.
I don't know that this is fair. We haven't walked in underated's shoes so we do not know what she is experiencing. If she says the attractive person in front of her in line is treated differently then she is, well then she has a point. And I think if this is true that is just terrible.

But again the same thing is happening over and over. People take one section of the state, in this case no doubt the area where she lives, and assumes everyone all over the entire state behaves the same way. That is just stupid stupid logic and it needs to stop.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Personally I think underrated and L3xx are the exact same person:/

Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 AM

671 posts, read 1,546,862 times
L3XX. Lay off the crack. People say sir/ma'am out of respect; it has nothing to do with your own preconceived notions that you are being addressed by polite salutation due to the disfigured face in which you possess.

Put into layman's terms for your cognitive comprehension... *****, you be wack!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM

581 posts, read 1,172,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Personally I think underrated and L3xx are the exact same person:/
haha, my thought as well.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM

214 posts, read 281,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I don't know that this is fair. We haven't walked in underated's shoes so we do not know what she is experiencing. If she says the attractive person in front of her in line is treated differently then she is, well then she has a point. And I think if this is true that is just terrible.

But again the same thing is happening over and over. People take one section of the state, in this case no doubt the area where she lives, and assumes everyone all over the entire state behaves the same way. That is just stupid stupid logic and it needs to stop.

Thank you DavinMtAiry,

To suggest that my appearance justifies the character of the people in Maryland proves that the bad attitude does indeed exist. And like someone stated with Maryland being one of the richest states in the country. If this is so. Then this could be the reason why they carry around such a "high and mighty" attitude like they're better than others. Some people who have more money than the average are known for putting themselves up on a higher pedastal. Ofcourse this doesn't apply to everybody that gives me the cold shoulder but that might be the attitude of some. It reaks more of insecurity to me. I don't know, I just know that the bad attitude that the people of this state carry is not something that's imagined in everybody's mind. There's alot of denial going on on this board. I have seen quite a few other posts where people complain about the same bad behavior. This post just being one of many. Sorry for not responding quicker I'm usually not online long enough to chat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland