Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 PM

103 posts, read 201,670 times

Advertisements

Hope you find her soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM

16 posts, read 22,075 times
So weird! My family and I are talking in an attempt to piece together what happened to her. My daughter said that she let her in at 4:30 am ( shes quite the early riser, huh?) in the morning on Sunday..then went back to bed. D said she hasn't seen her since she let her in, and went back to bed. What??? Do you think it might be a possibility that someone came in and grabbed her..? She normally barks when strangers come in the house. So weird. How did i let this happen???

Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Please don't blame yourself. You didn't "let" anything happen. Why do you think someone might have stolen her,and who would take the chance of entering your house to do so?
I so hope you find her soon.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:15 PM

925 posts, read 2,743,970 times
ok, I have a strange thought. What if she is actually still in the house somewhere? Animals have been known to hide in odd places when they're feeling sick or afraid. I hope you find her soon!

Old 05-06-2012, 11:18 AM

No, she is not in the house anywhere. I am sure of that. We just sent out a mass email to local shelters, vets, rescue leagues, pet suppliers, groomers and dog day cares.. but i know we should of done it the day she went missing. Its been nearly seven days and she isn't home. I just don't understand how she got away from us..It feels like i've lost a child. Filled with guilt and worry about her well being..just hope shes OK and not out in this awful MA weather ; She hates the rain. She certainly picked a hell of a time to go missing! Not sure what else i can do. Tommorow me and my daughter are going to go to the shelters / pounds and see if shes there. Hopefully we will find her and bring her home. If shes out there somewhere, we will find her! But i do have a question regarding posters. I have been told not to list the amount of money for the reward we are giving. Why is this? Wouldn't it help more?

Old 05-06-2012, 01:14 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,840,601 times
It increases crank calls. Not only that, a few twisted people out there have even been known to extort higher amounts. When I needed to resort to flyering the neighborhood after my dear departed Weasie would disappear (which happened once in a while during her early years and, strangely, again in her last months) I never offered a reward. She helped prove to me that there are far more kind individuals willing to do the right thing in this world than not. True, she was an "alley cat" with zero monetary value. But that was all the more reason for someone to not try to help her in the first place. When I've phoned in a tip to a household owned by a missing pet, or better still caught and returned that pet, never has there been a reward brought up by either party. A couple of times I've located the owner of a dropped wallet; they forced money on me as a way of saying "Thanks." Most folks think the way I do, I sincerely believe this.

Much more often than not, Weasie knew exactly where she was and what she was doing when she'd approach someone on the sidewalk with a tale of woe. And she didn't even care if I witnessed her act. If her scam victim had a soft touch, off she would go to their home, where the "poor lost starving kitty" would be living large until her human was tracked down. The last time she pulled this (before I went back to putting a collar with info on her to complement her microchip) the people she had conned took her to their house six blocks away and across a busy street. Way back in February 1995, she accosted a family around the corner from our house as I worked an overnight shift and they were walking to their car. I got home to no cat, and a voice mail to call the police department because she'd been brought in. When I checked with the cops they told me that the family had taken her with them since there was no place to keep her in the police station. (Mind you, the police station was less than five minutes' walk from our home at the time.) "Here's their number - 603..." I was like, "WHAT?!!!" My panhandling cat had been carted off to New Hampshire! And the "rescuers" weren't willing to apologize for their major overreaction and bring Weeze back to Cambridge. I had to make the trip through snow and freezing rain up to Londonderry. "What we do for love." (I made the best of it by stocking up at a friendly liquor store north of the border. )

To sum this ramble up briefly: Point One. Putting up flyers is a good idea, so much as mentioning a reward isn't. Point Two. Don't assume because somebody from some distance away thinks they have your dog, that they don't. It concerns me that it appears nothing was done to follow up on the tip out of Buzzards Bay. My cat was literally "transported across state lines" and also wound up beyond our immediate neighborhood more times than once.

Know that more people than either of us will ever know are keeping your family in their thoughts.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 PM

Well one of the reports came in at bad timing...My son had been in accident on Thursday and was in the hospital until late into the night. The call came at around 9 and i was stuck at home, while my husband was with my son. I couldn't follow up on it but talking to the person on the phone, it doesn't seem likely that it was Sadie as The dog approached the people, and even them pet her. Sadie will not allow anyone to touch her. She is also very nervous around people she doesn't know..People have tried and she does one of her dances and runs off. We did end up checking it out the next day, but couldn't find any dog..and thank you for the information about the reward.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,840,601 times
You're welcome, glad to do whatever little I can.
When it rains, it pours, eh?

Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Hope OP's son and dog are OK and that there is good news very soon.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM

Son is OK. Got into a car accident while driving around with a few of his friends. Concussion and a bruised shoulder, but otherwise fine. Thank god! Dog is still missing......going on nine days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts