Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:50 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,842,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmann-sherborn View Post
Have you talked to anyone who has experience catching lost dogs? Have you tried using materials with the dog and/or your scent on them? Please don't give up hope!
^ Yes! One of Weasie's disappearances lasted for three weeks. For what turned out to be my final round of flyering I made over 200 photocopies and put one in every single mailbox for blocks around. Someone who stayed anonymous called me up based on that flyer and gave me the phone number for "people who might have her" - and did. An overzealous "animal rescuer" had ignored the info on her collar, and had grabbed her off the sidewalk a block from home. For all that time she'd been confined to a residence about a half-mile away.
Still more drama ensued before I had Weeze safely back where she belonged. But that's another story, which is in the C-D archives somewhere.
My point is that perseverance does pay off! For me the winning solution was to not only print missing-pet notices, but to physically go from house to house and apartment lobby to apartment lobby. Folks may walk/drive right by something posted on a utility pole, or virtually brush past something online. But they won't not notice something in their snail mail. (I'm still not keen on there being the mention of a reward, but that's my problem.)
Realize also that dogs' homing instincts are sharp, as are those of cats. For whatever reason they sometimes take their sweet time getting around to returning. From all indications that's exactly what Sadie is doing.
But, whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:19 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
Still hoping for good news!

Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 PM

16 posts, read 22,088 times
had another sighting! sounds JUST like her!! But except this one is on the other end in plymouth...how she ever got that far!! i'll never know..but they said she was laying on their grass,friendly, skittish and ran when dogs barked ( sadie!!) had a black collar on and was a small black lab. We went down to the area where she was spotted and asked a few neighbors if they seen her and most of them were confident it was her!! fingers crossed that we find her.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taybabes32 View Post
had another sighting! sounds JUST like her!! But except this one is on the other end in plymouth...how she ever got that far!! i'll never know..but they said she was laying on their grass,friendly, skittish and ran when dogs barked ( sadie!!) had a black collar on and was a small black lab. We went down to the area where she was spotted and asked a few neighbors if they seen her and most of them were confident it was her!! fingers crossed that we find her.
Oh my gosh, SUCH good news. When you go back to look for her, bring something of hers -- maybe she'll catch the scent. Although the scent of her family will attract her, too, maybe something of hers will also be a good lure.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
Please let it be so and you'll have her soon!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:07 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,953,232 times
So very happy to read this! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and looking forward to the post with your name on it that says "WE FOUND HER! Sadie is home!"

Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 AM

sigh..another dead end...... after getting a call that someone saw her at 11, went up there and talked someone in that area and he said that a black male dog wanders around that neighborhood and they were convinced that it was that dog....

Old 05-19-2012, 01:42 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
We're still hoping for the best... for you and for Sadie.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:15 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,953,232 times
Please don't give up hope! If you follow Granite State Dog Recovery on Facebook, you will see that a dog was just reunited with their family after months of being missing. It's been a tough couple of weeks, I'm sure. Time to redouble the efforts, print out the GSDR flyers, go door to door, etc. Sending LOTS of positive thoughts your way!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:57 PM

We are trying to be hopeful, believe me! But it is so hard to stay positive. We are going on four weeks..four weeks without my girl...miss her so much. its hard to believe that me and my family are so broken up over a dog!! At-least we got five years with her, sweet little girl she is. Can only wish that someone either brings her home to us or that she is safe and happy. Sadie, being the runt of the litter was neglected from the family we got her from as a pup and suffered many mental issues and quite a few physical (surely saw the vet more then my kids see the DR!) ..sure she wasn't the smartest dog in town, and maybe she would never sit on command or bring us back the ball, so what if she got hair everywhere and barked at odds hours of the night? She was and is a great dog!!! It would be alot easier if we just knew what happened to her. So we could move on a little, some closure. Sadie where are you???? I have to say, as rare as it may seem i'm convinced someone snatched her from our yard.. Sadie would never ever run off or wander, she hated being out front much less being walked around the neighborhood..coyotes have never been a problem around here either, not very woodsy..Just at a loss for words, how can people be so cruel? Sorry folks..much needed vent!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts