Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:40 AM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToMA View Post
Anyways, it looks like Artie T Demoulas keeps his job as CEO for now. The company argued that he is a spendthrift so assume he does stay in, I wonder if it will sink no matter what or who is in there. All good things don't last forever or all good runs don't.
I think it is better said that Arthur S. Demoulas and his supporters argued he is a spendthrift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 11:50 PM

143 posts, read 300,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I think it is better said that Arthur S. Demoulas and his supporters argued he is a spendthrift.
That's more like it.. oh another idea is they want to expand to NH with new stores therefore creating a different client base and most of the new stores are putting in Market's Kitchen in them.. Billerica has THREE MB's and cannot even put one in or they don't have one at all out of those 3.. tell me that's classy. I gotta go to Chelmsford or Tewksbury if I want to experience one. That's why I'm thinking if Arthur T gets cut, some of those older stores might go and Billerica locations may be the ones getting hit or some of the older ones.. probably none if they have a Market's Kitchen in them though.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:08 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
That's more like it.. oh another idea is they want to expand to NH with new stores therefore creating a different client base and most of the new stores are putting in Market's Kitchen in them.. Billerica has THREE MB's and cannot even put one in or they don't have one at all out of those 3.. tell me that's classy. I gotta go to Chelmsford or Tewksbury if I want to experience one. That's why I'm thinking if Arthur T gets cut, some of those older stores might go and Billerica locations may be the ones getting hit or some of the older ones.. probably none if they have a Market's Kitchen in them though.
Isn't MB already in Nashua?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,473,160 times
Pretty sure there are a couple in Nashua. Actually they are all over both southern and eastern NH. My stepdaughter goes to UNH and when I visit I always stop at a MB to bring her groceries. There are a few that I know of in that area.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Isn't MB already in Nashua?
Yes, there is a MB on the DW Highway just up the road from the Pheasant Lane Mall on the opposite side of the road (#13). Until recently there were two locations on Route 101A just west of Route 3 (#'s 29 & 43). Those two are being consolidated into one larger, new store. There is another one further west on Route 101A (#39) which is located just shy of the Merrimack town line.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Actually Market Basket is also looking at Maine as well. There is a new store going in near Biddeford.

Market Basket deals with turmoil as Biddeford store prepares to open - Keep Me Current: News

Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM

143 posts, read 300,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Actually Market Basket is also looking at Maine as well. There is a new store going in near Biddeford.

Market Basket deals with turmoil as Biddeford store prepares to open - Keep Me Current: News
Its amazing they are now that far in Maine and now as far south in MA as Ashland which is like really far from their headquarters also. Theres a good possibility they expand but also sacrifice some of their older stores if it means gaining new locations in other states or areas without Market Baskets.

Last I heard Westford will get rid of their older one, but they got a new one in Westford but they wanna move a MB to Littleton but if I lived in Littleton I wouldn't want it. I'd rather keep Donelan's to be honest and they do have sales as well. If I wanted my MB fix as a Littleton resident, I'd go to Westford but just wouldn't want it where I lived.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:05 AM

296 posts, read 532,459 times
Quote:
Its amazing they are now that far in Maine and now as far south in MA as Ashland which is like really far from their headquarters also.
There's one in New Bedford also

Old 07-24-2013, 01:03 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,740,252 times
There's 2 MBs in Concord NH & 1 in Tilton NH at Exit 20 off of Route 93. And they are trying to put an MB way up in Plymouth NH off of Exit 26.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:15 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
Another 'new' MB is on the Bedford/Goffstown, NH border. Hooksett, NH at Exit 10 has been open maybe 2 years or so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts