Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 AM

88 posts, read 270,634 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I've posted here a bunch over the years, because my Husband and I have been trying to move to MA for a long time now- well, we're finally moving! Just not to the areas I would have thought! I got in to Grad school in Worcester, and so that leaves us with central MA areas... places we've never been.

We're looking at a place in Grafton, and I'm curious about the commute to Worcester State. Is there any way to avoid having to drive through the city itself to get to and from WSU from Grafton? It is so congested... Is there any local knowledge about that commute that would help me?

I was also told that coming in from the north would be easier--is Lunenburg too far of a commute?

Thanks so much in advance for the advice! And thank you to everyone who has helped out with advice over the years!!

-Danni.C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 08:39 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,090,105 times
Where will your husband be working?

I would say Paxton might be an easier commute straight down 122.
Auburn would also be a bit easier imo. You could go 290 or there are a number of other non highway routes from Auburn to Worcester State.

I would pick Grafton over Lunenburg. I don't think you would want that drive in the winter. It's a bit far imo.

Also Worcester itself around Worcester State is a nice area. I would live there.

Nothing wrong with Grafton. It's a great town, good schools, good access to the Mass Pike.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:14 PM

88 posts, read 270,634 times
Kelly Crash: Thank you for the reply!!

My Husband is actually going to be working from home and flying back to CA for work for the time being, so his work situation is a non-issue for now.

Do you think it'd be worth it to drive from Grafton to Auburn and then up to Worcester?

-Danni.C

Old 05-22-2015, 07:52 PM

4,644 posts, read 4,924,065 times
Not necessarily. Depending on where in Grafton, going into Millbury, then up 146, then one of the roads out to Worcester State wouldn't be bad.

Depending on the time of the day, it's not too hard of a commute. At 7 am I can get from Shrewsbury to that area in about 15 minutes.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:40 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,090,105 times
Oh heck no. Grafton is not a bad commute imo. Route 20, 146, 122... Grafton's a good choice.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:26 PM

404 posts, read 1,198,482 times
I agree with the poster who said find something around Worcester State. Great section of the city. Auburn would be closer to WSU, and your husband could get right onto the MA Pike to get to Logan. Grafton is going to be about a half hour commute. WHere in Grafton. There are many shortcuts --each is different based on where you are living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts