Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 07:26 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMA View Post
I condone deeming the less thirsty spouse as dd.
Because it so often works out that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 07:26 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMA View Post
I condone deeming the less thirsty spouse as dd.
Tough when you make them stay home to watch the kids while you crush juicy IPAs and compare micro fleece vests from HubSpot or your last scrum master course.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I don't drive when I drink. I live close enough to the places I drink to walk.
Of course because I don't live in Mansfield.
Not sure why it keeps coming back to this. There are bars in Mansfield. Maybe OP lives in an outlying part of town unwalkable to them, IDK but that's not the town's fault. You suggested Norwood. Sure, it has a few more watering holes but it's largely the same deal there.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Tough when you make them stay home to watch the kids while you crush juicy IPAs and compare micro fleece vests from HubSpot or your last scrum master course.
Apparently that's the new thing...take turns going out separately. To think if I ever tried pulling that...

Old 09-29-2019, 07:59 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Apparently that's the new thing...take turns going out separately. To think if I ever tried pulling that...
When there are 20 places to go within 1/2 a mile, it just happens. Think about it, you’ve got kids, 10 other families within 1/2 mile have kids, you all know each other because your families go to the same nearby school, and there are unlimited places to go right outside your door. It just happens because it’s so easy. I’ll be honest it’s dads more often than moms but the moms do it quite a bit too. Why on earth would your spouse have a problem with that? Weird.

Old 09-30-2019, 04:42 AM

4,692 posts, read 3,472,283 times
I have been kind of lurking on this thread and wow just wow! The level of self righteous smugness is incredible.

I am a parent of two and I absolutely did not give up my life after having kids. Yes it's ok to bring your kids out where alcohol is served or is even the main focus. I am older, 50, and easily remember a time when parents would occasionally bring kids to bars. Not fancy brewpubs just plain old bars. Shockingly I am not an alcoholic and am a semi productive adult!

Then to judge them for not wanting to raise their kids in a bland suburbia? I don't get it. Some people just don't like that kind of lifestyle. I know I don't. I personally think it's not in children's best interest to be raised in such a sterile environment. That is just my opinion but I'm not the only one.

If your SO will not let you go out to meet friends without them that's a problem. I thought all couples especially those with young kids took turns going out.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:19 AM

3,213 posts, read 2,120,946 times
Some people have miserable lives and expect everyone else to follow their lead or else they are (_______________)
It's mostly fear. Oh, and jealousy sprinkle in a little depression.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:40 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Same. When we go to brew fests where driving is required, like the hill farmstead one, we use a DD. They have specific tickets for them. People that actually live know these things. Otherwise its walking, lyft, or public transit.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:28 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

Most of the 30-something year old couples with kids that I personally know do exactly that.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:01 AM

17,716 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I wonder if the OP is planning to drive when she brings her child to breweries.

Is that something you'd condone, FCMA? How about you, GeePee? Timberline?
Quote:
Understood. But I wasn't asking if you drink and drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts