Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:47 PM

23,575 posts, read 18,722,077 times

Advertisements

1. People who drive 70 mph while the snow is just starting to stick.
2. (Probably the same people) who drive 45 mph in the passing lane on a clear sunny day, and refuse to move over.
3. People who pause for 5-10 seconds after the light turns green. I recently got flipped off after a gentle "honk", because the jerk would not move for a good 7 seconds or so (was in RI). Can't you finish your text later?
4. Not accelerating to highway speed on the entrance ramp (waiting till they enter lane of travel to speed up). That is what the "entrance ramp" is there for folks!
5. Tapping brakes for no reason, other than the road curving 3 degrees (if that).
6. Tailgating.
7. Not maintaining speed on the highway when there is absolutely nothing slowing them down, or change in road conditions.
8. "Racing" to get to the red light ahead.
9. Not going around someone stopped to turn left, if there is room to safely do so.
10. "Stopping" at a rotary with no cars in it.
11. Texting.
12. Not yielding to emergency vehicles (should automatically have your license revoked, I think).

I also echo the peeve about people pulling up to my bumper when I'm obviously parallel parking (sometimes I have just sat there till they got the message), and people not signaling as I'm waiting to make a turn against traffic.

And oh I just drove down to PA and back, and I have to say that CT drivers are even worse than the MA ones. They easily take the cake of being the worst of the worst, especially with their highway driving habits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 06:36 PM

14,251 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Having lived in MA and a few other states, the overall problem with MA drivers is their failure to yield the right of way.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:20 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

And oh I just drove down to PA and back, and I have to say that CT drivers are even worse than the MA ones. They easily take the cake of being the worst of the worst, especially with their highway driving habits.
The left lane of the Merritt is a passing lane, not a travel lane. This seems to be difficult for the Mass drivers to understand.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 AM

374 posts, read 655,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
3. People who pause for 5-10 seconds after the light turns green. I recently got flipped off after a gentle "honk", because the jerk would not move for a good 7 seconds or so (was in RI). Can't you finish your text later?
Someone asked me about this, previously. Well, I am so worried about people running through red lights. I give them extra breathing room.

Bill

Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 AM

374 posts, read 655,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Having lived in MA and a few other states, the overall problem with MA drivers is their failure to yield the right of way.
Funny! On Route 24 50% (my estimation) yield. So, everyone writes letters to the Boston Globe and the Brockton Enterprise as to the dangerous nature of that road. The difference between Route 3 and Route 24 is amazing. I usually drive Rt 24. For many of my trips it is only 2 miles longer than Route 3 but half an hour shorter in trip time.

Bill

Old 04-17-2014, 05:47 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cents View Post
You're too kind in assuming the best of people. There's nothing wrong with my car. I was just too non-aggressive in my driving, for his liking.

I think you missed the sarcasm and their suggestion to be passive aggressive.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:21 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,059 times
Most crazy is that people overpatronize dunkin donuts and friendly's when they have soooo much better family-owned rare one of a kind choices of cuisine that need every customer they can; the old loyal customer bases are kicking the bucket more and more and the result is

Restaurants going strong since 1895 are shutting their doors and Friendly's is replacing them...it's a real shame

Up until last year, you had at least for example, a couple really good New York style delicatessens with home made bagel the way you would see it on New York's lower east side. The last one left just closed this year...Gus and Paul's ...after 5 decades of family generations of delicious deli food

Your only choice now is the dunkin and stop n shop

Old 04-17-2014, 06:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
I had no idea Friendlys was expanding. Haven't seen one for awhile.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The left lane of the Merritt is a passing lane, not a travel lane. This seems to be difficult for the Mass drivers to understand.
Totally understand brother, but it's you folks who clearly have an issue with that concept.

Also, what's the thing about CT drivers randomly slowing down by 10-20 mph when there is absolutely no change in traffic or road conditions, only to then speed up again (I'm like wtf???). It's wierd.

You guys are speed demons and you love to tailgate.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I had no idea Friendlys was expanding. Haven't seen one for awhile.
Was just thinking that myself, although there are a few stray ones around still.

Dude probably lives in California or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts