Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,105 times

Advertisements

I've searched the Millington Star online as well as the Commercial Appeal, without much luck. Are there not that many homes for rent in Millington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,378,224 times
I would guess No, but that's just a guess. If not in the local newspapers, I am not sure where else to look. Cryeleikerentals.com might have some.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Arrow Where can I find a listing of homes for rent in Millington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-N-Boo View Post
I've searched the Millington Star online as well as the Commercial Appeal, without much luck. Are there not that many homes for rent in Millington?
If you have Yahoo they have it, Look at the tool bar left side of Yahoo main page under "Real Estate" their are a number of options............

Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM

34 posts, read 86,313 times
Hello..My husband is facing orders to Millington next summer. After reading many posts here I was wondering if anyone can explain what Millington is like. I am looking for a description of the diff neighborhoods, like is it an old city with a historical section? Is if tree filled? What are the summers like? etc....thanks to all that respond

Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,378,224 times
Summers are terribly hot and humid, I can answer that.

Otherwise, Millington is a pretty low to middle class area, not a lot of new growth or development.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:51 AM

27 posts, read 90,498 times
Memphis flyer website (also called flyermarket or flyer backpages) is also good for finding rentals. Its setup just like craigslist.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM

113 posts, read 529,758 times
Millington is a mixture of people. There are many military families here from all over the US. There are the families that have been here for generations. But, to most people's surprise many military families fall in love with this area and end up staying. Millington is small town living. There is a historic area with tree lined streets. The majority of Millington though, is acreage. There are many, many homes on 4 or more acres. The city limits have older and newer neighborhoods. There is a new development right now with homes in the $300k range. The city of Millington will not let any new homes be built right now with a price under $150k. Right up the highway, about 8 minutes away is Tipton County. Many people in the military also live there. You can find just about any type of home there.

If you would like more info just let me know. I live out that way and my child goes to school out here and I am not originally from the area. Just send me a private message. I'd be happy to give a local's view.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:59 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,315,500 times
Millington is odd, imo. The military portion is nicely kept, but it is located entirely behind a tall fence with barbed wire on top.

Outside of the base, the town ranges from mostly modest middle-class to not-nice-at-all.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:11 AM

3 posts, read 11,362 times
Default Millington, TN

" When was the last time you have been to Millington? My husband and I both left Millington 7 years ago and on our return trips I am amazed at the growth. There are so many new businesses and honestly it looks as though the income level has changed dramatically there are a lot more upper class now. People feared the base changes would hurt Millington but it appears to have helped it. It is no longer the small town I once knew." Thank you, Paula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbob View Post
Summers are terribly hot and humid, I can answer that.

Otherwise, Millington is a pretty low to middle class area, not a lot of new growth or development.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 PM

5 posts, read 15,626 times
Smile Millington area

I will soon be reassigned to Millington as a civil servant. We have contact a realtor there who has been very helpful in supplying information on homes available in the general area (10 mile radius).

I have never been to Millington previously so haven't a clue which areas to look for a home. Any recommendations would be appreciated. If anyone cares to chime in on the effects the current USA housing market has effected that area I would like to hear those comments as well.

Thanks in advance for any information I am provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis