Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:30 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphiscats View Post
I understand the frustration about apts. I am in desperate need of an apt. I have looked at all the ones from raleigh to bartlett and very disappointed. I have looked at sycamore view, river trace, bartlett heights...all have terrible crime, apt. break ins, and recently saw a post on all the ones in that area, people begging u to not move in to sycamore view or all the ones near bartlett, raleigh-lagrange rd. one woman stated she had her apt broke into and lost everything, tv, computer, jewelr... bad roach infestations, plumbing backed up and mgrs wont do anything. I havent looked at the ones in cordova , though they "seem" nicer I cant afford 7-800 a month!! plus deposit, app fees, I dont know how a single person makes it here, Is there any help?? Does anyone know what housing vouchers are, for low income, and how to get? Thanks

I've been in this situation ^^^ Not really scared of crime, just broke...lol

I researched and found a room for rent, actually a garage apt in mid-town. I think I paid $350pr.mo. I stayed for 3 years. Maybe try this

Maybe also you could temporarly rent a room or share a house with someone. In these desperate times I would think they would be plentiful. If I didn't have so much crap in my spare I would rent it out

Best of Luck, Don't Give Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
There were only a few times we were notified of robberies or muggings.

LOL ^^^ Welcome to Memphis ^^^^^ This is the Norm ^^^^ LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 02:06 PM

15 posts, read 54,264 times
Hi There, I live in the Woodchase Apartments in Cordova, within a couple blocks of the mall. I have lived here for 6 years. While it is not perfect, I have not had any major issues. No bug problems, rent is really pretty decent in my opinion (3/2 for $760/mo) and my utilities are also very reasonable. If you would like to know more, please PM me and I would be happy to share. Also, my grandkids live with me and go to a Shelby County elementary school that is really nice; they do very well there. I've never personally experienced crime nor do i have a bug issue.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:39 PM

70 posts, read 314,234 times
I did not want to start another thread or something...

I read of these apartments on Babe Howard over in Millington, Commodore Villages, and I was wondering if that was a safe strip of street or what have you. Zip code 38053

I am also curious about S Center Street over in Collierville. Zip code 38017.

Are these two roads and their surrounding areas and zip codes alright?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis