Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 02:27 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
I never posted any false or misleading information. This is what you should apologize for.
The article you posted and the one that it quotes both do contain false and misleading information about Canada, its MAID law, and disparaging political nonsense, none of which belongs on a forum on mental health.

Old 07-23-2022, 03:05 PM

3,126 posts, read 1,017,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The article you posted and the one that it quotes both do contain false and misleading information about Canada, its MAID law, and disparaging political nonsense, none of which belongs on a forum on mental health.

The main article says:

Quote:

The federal expert panel on MAiD for mental illness has recommended mental illness be grafted onto the MAiD framework without any legislative changes in March 2023.
Dr. Jeff Kirby, a member of the expert panel on MAiD for mental illness, writes that he had to resign before the report was published as the recommendations were “soft” and “inadequate.” He also states there were procedural issues, including the discouragement of members bringing forward relevant matters for deliberation and a lack of reporting transparency.

Ellen Cohen, representing a national mental health advocacy organization, also resigned giving equal concerns. Canada should be extremely cautious about recommendations that come from an expert panel where two of twelve appointed members resigned in good conscience.
For our elucidation, what exactly is the "false and misleading information"?

Old 07-23-2022, 04:08 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,498,756 times
Quote:
Also, if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested in the MAID process, they might want to watch Her Last Project, the documentary of a doctor with a degenerative illness going through the MAID process and becoming the first to donate her organs in doing so
I tried to find out where to watch that documentary but you have to be in Canada to watch or be Canadian to sign up on CBC Gem to watch it.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
For consideration by interested parties:

https://www.dyingwithdignity.ca/team...IaAgfPEALw_wcB

I suggest you click on his site link then to the left look for the section "issues with MAID" then read his "eight conditions" section. There is a wealth of information about this within his site.

Or just click on these in order they're listed:

https://www.posno.ca/

https://www.posno.ca/maid-issues/

https://www.posno.ca/eight-condition...ssisted-death/

Last edited by BruSan; 07-23-2022 at 06:58 PM..

Old 07-24-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
What is a "false and misleading information" that I posted?

You keep talking about it but so far you haven't shown any concrete examples. If you accuse me of something, you have to come up with arguments for your accusations. You can't throw around accusations just because you don't like something that I posted.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I tried to find out where to watch that documentary but you have to be in Canada to watch or be Canadian to sign up on CBC Gem to watch it.
Oh no, I did not realize that. Too bad. It is very moving.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
The main article says:

For our elucidation, what exactly is the "false and misleading information"?
Quote:
Nonetheless, the Great White North’s federal “expert” panel on MAiD has recommended mental illness be added to the list of maladies making one eligible for MAiD……apparently without any legislative changes. How nice, euthanasia by administrative fiat. What could go wrong?

To some degree, mental illness is in the eye of the beholder. It can be quite subjective and has historically been used as a tool to advance totalitarian political agendas. Hence, the gulags and “re-education camps.” Don’t believe in global warming? Are you an anti-vaxxer? Trump supporter?! Didn’t vote for Xi jinping Justin Trudeau? Driving an 18-wheeler in a “Freedom Convoy?” Then you are, sadly, mentally ill.
The above quote from your article is not factual information. This is anti-Canadian propaganda designed to play into the minds of ignorant people by implying that one could be declared "mentally ill" for their political views and then be euthanized. Not to mention incredibly stupid. LOL, even if you are somehow so far into conspiracy theories that you actually believe Canada is plotting to kill off politically opponents by having them declared mentally ill and then putting them to death, what on earth would being a supporter of a former American President have anything to do with medical decisions in CANADA?

You also have a link to far-right-wing website's story in which it is claimed that a man was lied to about his health because staff didn't like the way he smelled, then talked into MAID, which somehow is then carried out only two days later. The fact that this apparently sounds legit to you without any question or digging before you gladly promote it speaks to your agenda in posting it. Nonetheless, because I do question things that don't sound right, I did some Googling. Can't find anything verifying that this did happen.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-25-2022 at 05:23 AM..

Old 07-24-2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
What is a "false and misleading information" that I posted?

You keep talking about it but so far you haven't shown any concrete examples. If you accuse me of something, you have to come up with arguments for your accusations. You can't throw around accusations just because you don't like something that I posted.
What is this, eighth grade?

I have been posting on this site for 13 years and am a moderator here. Do I usually just throw accusations around because I don't like something a person posted?. Hint: NO, and scores of posters here would testify to that.

No one is "accusing". There is no argument here. You posted derisive material with a political agenda about a group of people on a mental health forum, and there is no argument to be made that you didn't. All one has to do is read the material you promoted for themselves.

As a matter of fact, I posted the factual information about MAID and mental illness directly from the Canadian government website. Read it.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:12 AM

I posted what I did in order to bring attention to the fact that in Canada, mental health is being considered as a candidate for some sort of government-mandated assisted suicide.

I don't care if the messenger is right-wing or no-wing. This is only important to people who can't see the tree from the forest, people who see everything in political terms, people who want to shoot the messenger. If you want to shoot the messenger, you have already been doing that. Nothing else. You haven't addressed the issue.

The Canadian government is looking into ways to "suicide" people with mental health. This is absolutely outrageous! People of any political persuasion should be appalled by this. This is what should be discussed here. Not your political preferences, or the ones of the article.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I posted what I did in order to bring attention to the fact that in Canada, mental health is being considered as a candidate for some sort of government-mandated assisted suicide.

I don't care if the messenger is right-wing or no-wing. This is only important to people who can't see the tree from the forest, people who see everything in political terms, people who want to shoot the messenger. If you want to shoot the messenger, you have already been doing that. Nothing else. You haven't addressed the issue.

The Canadian government is looking into ways to "suicide" people with mental health. This is absolutely outrageous! People of any political persuasion should be appalled by this. This is what should be discussed here. Not your political preferences, or the ones of the article.
Huh? I have not mentioned any political preferences of my own, only your own made obvious by the article and source you chose to post and the biased remarks contained therein about Canada that have become popular recently with people of your ilk.

But thanks for coming straight out with it. You just reposted, and I have bolded, exactly the misinformation and falsehood that I have been calling you out for.

Fortunately for those who are not easily manipulated and prefer valid facts, I posted the correct information in Post No. 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health