Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 02:00 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
Shorter sentences are your friend... Your post is soooo packed with straw men arguments... it's choking in straw. You are not interested in a discussion, you are here to make declarations about people who hold different opinions than yourself.

You don't understand the basic-est thing I said (you play with syntax, I play with vocabulary). My point is that regardless of the legal safeguards put in place, such a policy is in itself an aberration.

Generally, people see life through the horizon of their own experiences and then impose this template onto others. If you focus on policies and politics, you will assume that everyone else does, or should do the same.

I will spell it out one last time: regardless of the "great care and consideration", suiciding people is an awful policy. Extending that policy to mentally ill people is absolutely horrendous.
Ah yes, there's that patronizing arrogance again while admonishing others.

And once we've given you all the information by which anyone should be able to put to rest their accusations; you come right back with the exact same repetitive nonsense of Canada's Government having an agenda.

Discounting everything anyone has to say and factual links offered contrary to your assumptions to merely repeat your mantra?

Is that what you call "discussion"?

Old 07-26-2022, 02:17 PM

3,126 posts, read 1,017,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And once we've given you all the information by which anyone should be able to put to rest their accusations; you come right back with the exact same repetitive nonsense of Canada's Government having an agenda.
I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't care about Canada's government, or any government. It's an abhorrent policy, no matter who does it. If it were promoted not by a government, but by some NGO, it would still be the same abhorrent policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Discounting everything anyone has to say and factual links offered contrary to your assumptions to merely repeat your mantra?
Uhmm... what? What is "contrary to your assumptions"?

I said this last time:

Quote:
I will spell it out one last time: regardless of the "great care and consideration", suiciding people is an awful policy. Extending that policy to mentally ill people is absolutely horrendous.
What "factual links" does my opinion ignore?

Old 07-26-2022, 02:33 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
I don't even know what to say anymore.
How about nothing. The thread has dissolved into personal bickering. Time to end it.

Old 07-26-2022, 02:45 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You have to ask for it repeatedly several times within an extended period and after consultation with the doctors
Guess, that is the safeguard
Well, as regards people with mental illness seeking MAiD, as you can see by the details in the posted links, it's pretty complicated and is being looked at up, down, and sideways. There's no one answer or situation that can be pointed to as the definitive criteria under which a person with mental illness would be approved and fit the criteria. There would have to be absolutely no hope of improvement, recovery, or quality of life, and the doctors would have to agree that is the case. It's not as cut and dried as, for example, a disease like ALS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health