Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:34 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Seriously, you should become an activist. Actually, its obvious that you already are, but you should get your message out if you haven't already!

Yes another "activist" apologist for "men" who father kids never to bother with them- hang out and drink ,list goes on

Old 07-29-2008, 05:39 PM

149 posts, read 562,561 times
Your argument has no backing. Your talking about a handful of immigrants who are successful and a majority who are in poverty. Disagree? Prove me otherwise.

And I'm not an apologist. I'm a realist. I tell it like it is.

I

Old 07-29-2008, 05:41 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-------

I have a 4 yr degree from Penn state.
I know when people start with spelling,etc its a sign of desperation not able to debate.

Hispanics work we dont cry about what took place hundreds of years ago .

The number of new Hispanic immigrants is huge so yes the new immigrants are going to be poor but given some time will pass the blacks who have been here for decades.

Hey, Luiso or whatever your name is...If it were not for the sacrifices of Blacks and Martin Luther King, Marches on Washington, Civil Rights and Voting Rights laws that BLACKS got passed through congress...NONE OF YOU HISPANICS, ASIANS, INDIANS OR ANY OTHER NEW IMMIGRANT would have a damn thing. So instead of trying to insult Black people, you and your people should be thanking them.

Last edited by dorado0359; 07-29-2008 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: e

Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hey, Luiso or whatever your name is...If it were not for the struggles, blood sweat, tears,Martin Luther King, Marches on Washington, Civil Rights and Voting Rights laws that BLACK gained...NONE OF YOU HISPANICS, ASIANS, INDIANS OR ANY OTHER NEW IMMIGRANT would have anything. So instead of trying to insult Black people, you and your people should be thanking them.

The PuertoRicans cleared the path for Hispanics they took the blows we owe them not Blacks .
Blacks cant even get themselves out of the hole they have got themselves in .
Hispanics OWE blacks nothing thats the problem they feel the world owes them.

Its time they get their own house in order . However in the end be it apologist ,etc doesnt affect my life nor the lives of those that dig in and work instead of cry racism all day long.

We live in Doral -Coral Gables,etc we have moved on

Old 07-29-2008, 05:49 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
The PuertoRicans cleared the path for Hispanics they took the blows we owe them not Blacks .
Blacks cant even get themselves out of the hole they have got themselves in .
Hispanics OWE blacks nothing thats the problem they feel the world owes them.

Its time they get their own house in order . However in the end be it apologist ,etc doesnt affect my life nor the lives of those that dig in and work instead of cry racism all day long.

lol this is priceless

Old 07-29-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
Well, being hispanic and kind of dark skin, I guess I can get away with answering like this.
I would guess that Toys R Us, Circuit City, Ross, Best Buy, David's Bridal, Sear's, Target and any other national retailer prefer to build in areas that cater to their clientel. Not that blacks dont buy at these stores, they do. But I think its more likely you will see a Walmart in those areas than these higher end retailers. Not that Ross or Sears is higher end.
As we all know, most of the discrimination blacks deal with today is self inflicted. I know that the treatment of blacks in this country is a shame. But its no worse than the treatment the Jews have gotten world-wide. And they own and control half the world now! Its not the color of your skin, its what you choose to do with your life that matters. And since education, following the law, and avoiding drugs is not common in the black population, they have created a very negative perception of themselves which causes alot of the discrimination.

Also, since most businesses that are black owned seem to be burned down or looted along with the white ones during race riots, I am sure the corporations that own these businesses arent interested in opening a store in an area that will one day find a reason to shatter the windows and clean it out.

Until the black population decides as a whole to leave the past where it belongs, raise their children to do the right thing and not expect to be given everything just because their ancestors suffered, then they will continue to cause alot of the unfair treatment they are receiving.

I may be wrong to think this way but its my opinion and I am sure many share it.
------------
"Until the black population decides as a whole to leave the past where it belongs, raise their children to do the right thing and not expect to be given everything just because their ancestors suffered, then they will continue to cause alot of the unfair treatment they are receiving. "

Thats the problem that will never happen . Easier to moan all day long .

Last edited by Luiso; 07-29-2008 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-29-2008, 06:15 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
IllegalAliens.US-Home (Undocumented immigrants is politically correct nonsense!)

Might not all be true in Miami, but face it, every community has it's scum. There are localized deep rooted issues in every community that would take too much bandwidth to fully explain without childish dialogging, yes even many segments of the good ol white community (check out much of Appalachia). A lot of it does have to do with history and the culture that you are born in, because there is a large, burgeoning black middle class in the Pembroke Pines/Miramar area that largely descends from West Indian immigrants, where the culture is completely different from the US born black culture. The issues are way too complex, but face it, every group has it's localized (sometimes widespread) issues and yes, some break the cycle.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM

Yes every group has its scum I never said that wasnt the case .

My problem is those who refuse to break the cycle they are in and only complain over and over yet do nothing to pull themselves out of it .

In the end the world moves on you either do for yourself or your left behind.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:17 PM

149 posts, read 562,561 times
Quote:
Yes every group has its scum I never said that wasnt the case .

My problem is those who refuse to break the cycle they are in and only complain over and over yet do nothing to pull themselves out of it .

In the end the world moves on you either do for yourself or your left behind.

But your generalizing again. Every group has its scum? Yet your referring to the entire black population as scum.

Maybe you just don't like black people. The black population is falling behind? Well here. Read about your next president

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CASE CLOSED!

And don't even try that "Well He's half white" Because if it was 1950, he'd be at the back of the bus with the rest of us.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM

44 posts, read 107,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hey, Luiso or whatever your name is...If it were not for the sacrifices of Blacks and Martin Luther King, Marches on Washington, Civil Rights and Voting Rights laws that BLACKS got passed through congress...NONE OF YOU HISPANICS, ASIANS, INDIANS OR ANY OTHER NEW IMMIGRANT would have a damn thing. So instead of trying to insult Black people, you and your people should be thanking them.
This has to be the dumbest post I have read ever on this forum. Martin Luther King did speak out for blacks and slavery. But, even without his work, slavery was going to be abolished eventually. During that time of MLK, other countries(such as England) hated the US for having slavery because these other countries abolished slavery before the US and obviously didnt approve of it. Even if MLK didnt exist, these other countries would have pressured the US to abolish salvery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami