Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM

550 posts, read 2,054,660 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'll chime in for a fun thread

MLB: don't really like baseball...only games I've been to are Tigers and to a few Brewers games so if i cheer it's for them....even though I live in Philly (shhh)

NFL: Packers (my mom is from WI) and cheboygan is almost WI (hehehe)

NHL: Red Wings

NBA: Pistons

NCAA:
Basketball: Michigan, MSU, Marquette
Football: Michigan (MSU when they are playing OSU or Penn State)
Hockey: Michigan, WMU (alma mater)

I really only like watching NCAA sports on tv.....unless it is an important game for professional sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:20 PM

902 posts, read 1,928,307 times
MLB: Tigers

NFL: Lions

NBA: none

NCAA: Meechigan !

NHL: Red Wings

Long time broadcaster/P.A. announcer Budd Lynch celebrates 60 years with the Red Wings tonight .
Story is:

here (http://detnews.com/article/20091105/SPORTS0103/911050357/1004/sports/Budd-Lynch-celebrates-60-years-with-the-Red-Wings - broken link)

Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,325,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'm doing my best to be a Cardinals/Diamondbacks fan, but the Tigers and those Loveable Lions will always be #1 with me.
Ya know, Yaz, when we lived in AZ briefly earlier this year, my dh, who normally is a baseball nut, just could not get into the D-backs at all. I couldn't even get him to go to a home game. I guess it didn't help that they were pretty bad this year, but mostly, he just couldn't get into rooting for a recently formed (relatively speaking) expansion team. After being a lifelong Tigers fan, he just didn't want to even try to be a D-backs fan. None of us are into the NFL in a big way, so the whole Cardinals thing was kind of off of our radar, even though we lived in north Glendale and were only a hop, skip and a jump from the stadium.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,279,724 times
I guess I'm a true HOMER.

MLB- Tigers have and always will be the only team I can follow.

NBA- Don't care much for B-ball but hope the Pistons do well.

NFL- Been a Steelers fan since I was a kid, but do pull for the Lions to turn it around. Can't say I'm a huge Lions fan because they are rarely on the tube anymore. LOL

NHL- Sorry but Wings fan since I was a very young. My buddy and me would fight over who was going to be Dale Mccourt playing hockey in his back yard.

NCAA- Grew up in a Michigan house. Remember watching games with my dad. He was a big Michigan fan unless they were playing Notre Dame. The he just hoped for a good game but secretly pulled for the Irish.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:03 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,148,258 times
MLB: TIGERS! (Second-favorite team is whoever is playing the Yankees.)

NBA: I do not like the NBA's style of basketball, but in theory I root for the Pistons.

NHL: Not much of a hockey fan, but in theory I root for the Red Wings.

NFL: LIONS!

NCAA: Michigan State. Also root for all the other Michigan schools. In hoops, I also like Duke. In football, I find myself pulling for South Carolina recently.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:05 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,432,555 times
Despite living in (near) South Bend, I hate the Irish with a passion. I couldn't stand them when I moved here, and now I hate them as much as I hate Ohio State. My favorite NCAA teams: Michigan, and whoever's playing Notre Dame.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,108,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
MLB: Can't stand baseball, not a real sport. I guess the Tigers just because they are the local team.
NFL: Lions - by default.,
NHL: RED WINGS!!!, 2nd choice; Montreal Canadians
NBA: Pistons, but not really a big basketball fan.
NCAA: U of M, but MSU is growing on me. Just wish at least one of them was good at football.
Others: Shock. R.I.P; EMU - They totally suck but it's my alma mater.
Go Hurons!

You can get an idea of how old I am from that statement.

I graduated from Eastern too.....

Old 11-06-2009, 11:39 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,108,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Ya know, Yaz, when we lived in AZ briefly earlier this year, my dh, who normally is a baseball nut, just could not get into the D-backs at all. I couldn't even get him to go to a home game. I guess it didn't help that they were pretty bad this year, but mostly, he just couldn't get into rooting for a recently formed (relatively speaking) expansion team. After being a lifelong Tigers fan, he just didn't want to even try to be a D-backs fan. None of us are into the NFL in a big way, so the whole Cardinals thing was kind of off of our radar, even though we lived in north Glendale and were only a hop, skip and a jump from the stadium.
My wife has lived in The Valley for 20 years.....so, she's been following them for their entire existence. I have "sorta" become a Diamondbacks fan by default.....i.e., cuz that's what's on TV.

The Tigers were in town last year for a weekend series; that was great. Our seats were right behind home plate and we had a wonderful time. Pretty cool ballpark.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,898,292 times
Quote:
Go Hurons!

You can get an idea of how old I am from that statement.

I graduated from Eastern too.....
Not very old. If I remember right they only changed to the Eagles in 91 or 92.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:52 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,325,146 times
Quote:
My wife has lived in The Valley for 20 years.....so, she's been following them for their entire existence. I have "sorta" become a Diamondbacks fan by default.....i.e., cuz that's what's on TV.

The Tigers were in town last year for a weekend series; that was great. Our seats were right behind home plate and we had a wonderful time. Pretty cool ballpark.
Yes, Chase Field is gorgeous! I went to a game with my son when his favorite player, Albert Pujols, was in town with the Cardinals. What a cool venue! When they opened the roof right before the (evening)game began, it was amazing!

Phoenix has some wonderful sports venues, don't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan