Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 AM

7 posts, read 15,414 times

Advertisements

Was offered a job in Nebraska and and cant get a job here in western michigan ,and know many unemployed here.My questuion is do you think michigan will recover in the next two yrs ,would you take the job, and how many yrs tell michigan recovers.Sold house and family is willing to move
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 09:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1965 View Post
Was offered a job in Nebraska and and cant get a job here in western michigan ,and know many unemployed here.My questuion is do you think michigan will recover in the next two yrs ,would you take the job, and how many yrs tell michigan recovers.Sold house and family is willing to move
Not in two years. The business climate is not good. Who would open a business now? With the health care bill, cap and trade, new taxes and the Bush tax cut expiring. Not a good time at all.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:36 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
Quote:
Well, if you have a job secured in Nebraska, your house here is sold, and your family is willing to move, sounds like an easy decision. No one can really say how long it will take Michigan (or the rest of the country, for that matter) to recover from this recession/depression, but any amount of time is a long time if you are collecting unemployment and waiting for a job to come along. Who knows? Maybe the job in Nebraska will be good experience for something that opens up down the road in Michigan and you can always come back then. Good luck!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:22 AM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,456 times
Yep sounds easy to me as well, With your house sold its time to get the hell on out of here, There are NO jobs here. 13 months out and barely a bite for a job for me.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:12 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
I'm one of the biggest West Michigan supporters on this board, and even I had to leave because of the lack of jobs, to the deep south no less. Take the job. I know it sucks, but unless you have strong prospects in Michigan, you're throwing an opportunity away. I don't see the economy improving, especially not in this state. You just don't turn down a job offer in this economy.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Go with your gut feeling. Trust your instincts - but ask yourself why you believe things are really changing and what kind of jobs are coming back.

The politicians are not in it for the American people, they are working for the global corporations and it's all about the cheapest possible labor. That's not what Michigan has.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:22 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
The world changes, life changes. Populations, employment shifts. You gotta do what you gotta do. Been that way forever. I have no idea what's going to happen but whatever it is it won't be fast.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Hmmm..I would have to vote for Nebraska..(actually anyplace there is employment)

We have a 10 year plan...work here for 10 years, retire ad move to New Mexico, or Tennessee, or may be even Montana.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:07 PM

116 posts, read 409,188 times
I would get out of there as fast as you can.Likewise im getting out of veags ASAP as well this place really sucks now.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:37 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,804 times
This decision should be obvious: Nebraska. Staying in MI for the mere hope of a turn around in the next 2 years is not wise. You have to eat. That being said, you must take what you can get, even if it takes you to Cornhusker State of Nebraska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan