Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 02:51 AM

8 posts, read 26,376 times

Advertisements

Saginaw, Michigan is once again designated the most violent city per capita in the US.

FBI stats designate Saginaw the most violent city per capita in America | Saginaw News - - MLive.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLive
FBI stats designate Saginaw the most violent city per capita in America

By Gus Burns | The Saginaw News

January 03, 2010, 4:00AM

It was October when 150 protesters took to the streets of the city’s East Side, demanding an end to violence in Saginaw.

Last edited by magellan; 01-05-2010 at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 AM

17 posts, read 33,589 times
Michigan seems to be taking all the first place titles in all the bad catigories. No wonder every one is moving out of the state.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:26 PM

1,149 posts, read 1,590,261 times
I think I remember erading a few years back that the Saginaw police were considering actually going on patrol instead of waiting to respond to calls. I know money and things are all issues, but seriously, that should be a no-brainer and a priority.

Saginaw is beyond repair until they get intelligent leadership, which like most big urban crime cities, isn't goingt og happen for a long, long time.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnberk View Post
Michigan seems to be taking all the first place titles in all the bad catigories. No wonder every one is moving out of the state.
Why is everyone worried about people leaving the state? Wisconsin has almost the same land mass an half the population. Let em leave, natural occurence.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:50 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Why is everyone worried about people leaving the state? Wisconsin has almost the same land mass an half the population. Let em leave, natural occurence.
Exactly. I don't understand what the big deal is either. Fewer people = fewer people competing for the jobs that are here. And if someone isn't happy where they live, life is short, move on!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:29 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
I live about 20 miles southwest of Saginaw. If we want shopping or restauraunts we have to drive to saginaw (or go down to Flint which is worse). In order to get to the good areas (Bay and Tib) we have to drive through the M-13 ghetto. That area is so horrible, burned out houses, bums wandering around. Saginaw does have good areas, but no one sees them. The Saginaw most people see is the one they drive through on M-13 or M-46. Those areas of south, and east Saginaw are just horrible. If Saginaw wants to improve its image, money should be spent to clean up those areas near the highway that people from out of town drive through, demolish the crack houses and abandoned buildings, round up the druggies and homeless wandering the streets. Image is everything to a city, and Saginaws is terrible because for decades out of towners have followed state highways through the worst parts of town. The judgements these out of towners have made about Saginaw have prevented investment in the city, therfore hurting the economy even more. I dont think Saginaw is as much of a lost cause as Flint or Detoilet, but if they dont do something to improve their image soon it will be too late.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:30 AM

197 posts, read 378,670 times
Saginaw exists today because of GM, only one plant remains in the area and who knows how much longer that plant (Delphi) is going to be around. It is NOTHING like the bustling place it used to be and probably never will be again. I fear we will be the next Gary Indiana, nothing will be left, just abandoned buildings. I'm not sure how Saginaw is staying afloat right now. I know there are talk of projects in the next couple years, but like 500 permanent jobs... This is not doom and gloom this is reality..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
Giesela and canudigit - there is one crucial factor that you are missing. The Detroit News did a story on this in detail about 6 months ago. The people leaving are the most educated and productive. The ones who can't leave are the poorer and more likely to be a criminal element.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan