Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 PM

72 posts, read 137,060 times

Advertisements

If this does not spark your attention?
A deputy with the last name of opper choked on a piece of pizza and lost control of his patrol car which could have killed a child waiting for a school bus another driver or pedestrian etc but unlike the average joe who at the very least would have been charged with reckless driving or vehicular homocide had some one been killed guess what?
he was praised for eating and driving by not only vpolice but some citizens.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:00 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by german71 View Post
A deputy with the last name of opper choked on a piece of pizza and lost control of his patrol car which could have killed a child waiting for a school bus another driver or pedestrian etc but unlike the average joe who at the very least would have been charged with reckless driving or vehicular homocide had some one been killed guess what?
What kind of pizza? I mean if it was loaded..that is some fantastic driving!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:09 PM

Grand Traverse County deputy suspected of drunken driving.
Any average joe would be charged with dui but not the police.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM

809 posts, read 1,950,883 times
Quote:
Did i mention the stae police officer who left bradys bar (a favorite hangout for off duty police) where a bunch of people witnessed him intoxicated who crashed his truck on the old mission peninsula falsely reported it stolen and left his police revolver on the seat with his badge and also left the scene of the accident but only got a transfer?
I will add little by little each day on police corruption and numerous other subjects in my now relentless surge to clean up this modern mess which sadens me deeply.
Are you doing something other than posting on an internet forum? Otherwise you are just another griper. I'm sorry TC has gotten so bad for you. Some of that is a sign of the times. You cant expect a city to have growth and not also comensurate rises in crime, pollution and general "city-ness".

Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
What kind of pizza? I mean if it was loaded..that is some fantastic driving!
You seem to think this is somehow humerous or that just because it was a police officer that had someone been killed or injured this would be ok with you?
You just keep posting sarcastic comments and somehow figure that you are justifying the wrongs of persons entrusted to protect (not hurt) the society
of a once clean and beautiful part of our earth.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:40 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,863,158 times
Quote:
Um, no. The average Joe would not have been charged with anything if they didn't hit anything. DID, the cop hit anything or anyone? If not that is just a strawman argument. Kind of like saying IF that meteor back in 1989 had hit the Earth, life would have ended. It didn't, so nothing happened and everything to the contrary is just conjecture. Just like you saying that he COULD have killed a child etc.... The simple fact is that he did NOT. He also COULD have stopped his cruiser and saved a kid at a bus stop while choking on a piece of pizza. Or helped an elderly person across the street while turning blue and gasping for breath. Those "could haves" are just as valid as the ones you toss out there.

You have a problem with Traverse City and Authority in general it appears. My bet is that you got caught doing something you shouldn't have done and got in trouble with the law in TC. Can't be somebody doing wrong, HAS to be corrupt cops and Judges .

I figured out what it is that you keep smelling. It isn't the water, it is your own BS blowing back at you.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:43 PM

As to your question on how extra police and lawyers effect the roads mmmmmmmmmmm taxpayer money for more police cars-2 court houses-more judges-court clerks-fuel-police officers and as far as the attorneys go they earn a higher salary than the average michagander therfore they add to the states overall budget but take away from local taxes-buisnesses-fuel taxes which go to repair local roads and also serve to keep the roads plowed.
I can not count the times that the roads were terrible and no snow plows out or not enough but the local police out in a abundance of numbers.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Um, no. The average Joe would not have been charged with anything if they didn't hit anything. DID, the cop hit anything or anyone? If not that is just a strawman argument. Kind of like saying IF that meteor back in 1989 had hit the Earth, life would have ended. It didn't, so nothing happened and everything to the contrary is just conjecture. Just like you saying that he COULD have killed a child etc.... The simple fact is that he did NOT. He also COULD have stopped his cruiser and saved a kid at a bus stop while choking on a piece of pizza. Or helped an elderly person across the street while turning blue and gasping for breath. Those "could haves" are just as valid as the ones you toss out there.

You have a problem with Traverse City and Authority in general it appears. My bet is that you got caught doing something you shouldn't have done and got in trouble with the law in TC. Can't be somebody doing wrong, HAS to be corrupt cops and Judges .

I figured out what it is that you keep smelling. It isn't the water, it is your own BS blowing back at you.
No that is not true because if you look at the police records for this year a woman lost control of her car going 25 mph like 2 weeks after this and was charged and convicted of reckless driving and obviously you do not understand the prima facia laws or the fact the united states has more people in jails and prison than any other country in the world which supports my claim of police corruption which by the way has become widespread in this country.
Oh yeah how about ralph sofferdines son whojust recently got special treatment do to his father.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 PM

Yes he took out a mailbox which is destruction of property and eating and driving or drunk driving or texting while driving?
It is law you must be in control of your vehicle at all times whether eating doughnuts or pizza or drinking etc.
And i did respect tremedously jack canfield who was grand traverse county sheriff and he was sensible honest hard working and would not give special treatment to a fellow officer.
He was just a good honest sheriff. But according to you if you wear a badge or are a elected public official you are automatically honest and above the law.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:14 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,525 times
Quote:
No that is not true because if you look at the police records for this year a woman lost control of her car going 25 mph like 2 weeks after this and was charged and convicted of reckless driving and obviously you do not understand the prima facia laws or the fact the united states has more people in jails and prison than any other country in the world which supports my claim of police corruption which by the way has become widespread in this country.
Oh yeah how about ralph sofferdines son whojust recently got special treatment do to his father.
Post the details about what the lady was doing. If she was putting on make up and driving well she got what she deserved. If she was texting while driving once again, she got what she deserved. Your trying to condemn a man for losing control because he was choking..... CHOKING? What if he was eating a big mac and had a heart attack jumped the curb and creamed some old lady? Want to throw the book at him then if he survives the heart attack? Your arguments are sad. You sound pissed off that other people are getting something you feel you deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan