Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 PM

72 posts, read 137,060 times

Advertisements

Waterfowl and fish have also been washing up on shore with little or no action by the state and the dnr i beleive is trying to explain this but is uncertain of the cause.
I would love to be able to say that this is just a result of careful urban and populist expansion but it is the result of poor practises in the development of a once clean but still beautiful part of this country.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,863,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by german71 View Post
But according to you if you wear a badge or are a elected public official you are automatically honest and above the law.
Please show where I said that. Now you are just making up stuff, because I have NEVER said anything close to that.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 PM

No he was eating while driving which is the same as all the above mentioned items and lost control from performing other tasks instead of driving.
I would assume if you eat pizza and choke on it you could have ate it in what one minute before driving?
The woman was driving on slick unplowed unsalted and unmaintained roads where as if the plows had taken care of the roads instead of the police no one would have had any problems.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM

809 posts, read 1,951,129 times
Quote:
The woman was driving on slick unplowed unsalted and unmaintained roads where as if the plows had taken care of the roads instead of the police no one would have had any problems.
You do know what the law states about having your car under control at all times during any and all weather conditions, dont you? She may or may not have blamed it on the plow...but you surely cant.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM

[quote=Bydand;13424143]Um, no. The average Joe would not have been charged with anything if they didn't hit anything. DID, the cop hit anything or anyone? If not that is just a strawman argument. Kind of like saying IF that meteor back in 1989 had hit the Earth, life would have ended. It didn't, so nothing happened and everything to the contrary is just conjecture. Just like you saying that he COULD have killed a child etc.... The simple fact is that he did NOT. He also COULD have stopped his cruiser and saved a kid at a bus stop while choking on a piece of pizza. Or helped an elderly person across the street while turning blue and gasping for breath. Those "could haves" are just as valid as the ones you toss out there.

You have a problem with Traverse City and Authority in general it appears. My bet is that you got caught doing something you shouldn't have done and got in trouble with the law in TC. Can't be somebody doing wrong, HAS to be corrupt cops and Judges .

I figured out what it is that you keep smelling. It isn't the water, it is your own BS blowing back at you.
There is not ten articles a year where the police save some one and again
you do not have to be a cop to save someones life but on the other hand there is at least 3-10 times a year where police get special treatment and am tired of people writing opinons just so no one can see my previous posts where these police are corrupt with out scrolling thru dozens of ouoted comments to make them longer but after all i guess that you are allowed YOUR OPINON.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
No he was eating while driving which is the same as all the above mentioned items and lost control from performing other tasks instead of driving.
I would assume if you eat pizza and choke on it you could have ate it in what one minute before driving?
We live in Michigan, slick roads happen in the winter. Shoot slick roads happen wherever there is snow. The difference comes is in HOW the accidents happened. One is from choking, the other is from driving too fast for the road conditions. Not that I expect you to understand or agree.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
am tired of people writing opinons just so no one can see my previous posts where these police are corrupt with out scrolling thru dozens of ouoted comments to make them longer but after all i guess that you are allowed YOUR OPINON.
What? Are you serious? Nobody can see your previous posts because somebody else posts after you? You have to be doing some heavy duty drugs to think that. You are the one posting multiple messages one right after another.

Oh wait, I mean, yeah, that's true. we're all using that magic program the Grand Traverse Police use to edit the internet, just to keep your voice and posts from being seen.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:39 PM

Yawn, as much fun as it is winding up the Troll, I'm going to have to turn over that task to somebody else. Time to hit the sack. Carpet guys are coming tomorrow, so I have to get up at 6.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
We live in Michigan, slick roads happen in the winter. Shoot slick roads happen wherever there is snow. The difference comes is in HOW the accidents happened. One is from choking, the other is from driving too fast for the road conditions. Not that I expect you to understand or agree.
She was going 25 mph which is the slowest speed in the area and people get tickets for losing control of their car or even sliding sideways.
Sure roads get sli0ppery in the winter but there is a minimal amount of matinece required to mantain roads and when children stand next to the road when having to go to school they need to be maintained properly and also for public safety.
The last thing we need is for it to be legal to choke while driving because you are unwilling to put public safety first and to say this officer should be not held accountable for his actions is proposterous and wrong after all the drunk that blew 1.9 on the breathalyzer did not crash on purpose and
in drivers training they teach you 10 o clock and 2 oclock which means both hands on the wheel.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
She was going 25 mph which is the slowest speed in the area and people get tickets for losing control of their car or even sliding sideways.
25 is the LOWEST speed she could go? What type car was she driving that would not let her drive slower? I have never heard of such a vehicle.

I know that if the speed limit is 25, but the road conditions make that speed unsafe (slick conditions, foggy, standing water. etc...) then 25 is too fast and you can be ticketed as such. If you lose control of your vehicle in slippery conditions, then YOU WERE GOING TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS. Simple really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan