Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:43 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I guess well have to agree to disagree but I'll believe it when I see it. The younger voters tend to be the dumbest voters and I remember when I went to uwm I couldn't believe some of the people that were actually voting.

YouTube - Should Some People Not Vote
David Frum: How the Republicans Can Win Again | Newsweek Politics: The Obama Presidency | Newsweek.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:41 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,817 times
Quote:
I guess well have to agree to disagree but I'll believe it when I see it. The younger voters tend to be the dumbest voters and I remember when I went to uwm I couldn't believe some of the people that were actually voting.
Damn whippersnappers, get off my lawn! And you can take your loud music and that newfangled rock&roll too.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:00 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Young people shouldn't be allowed to vote? What a load of crap. Believe it or not, not everyone knows what is best for me. I know what is best for me. That is why it is necessary that young people, such as myself, vote.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Default for politics please scroll down....

wrong forum.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Default Mil-Town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Young people shouldn't be allowed to vote? What a load of crap. Believe it or not, not everyone knows what is best for me. I know what is best for me. That is why it is necessary that young people, such as myself, vote.
I think the premise of the video was that uneducated people shouldn't vote on certain issues. Not necessarily all young people b/c I don't think anyone believes that.

For instance when I vote on let say a local issue such as alderman, a lot of times their are other races that are on the same ballot and instead of just voting "Republican." I elect not to vote on city treasurer if I know nothing about about the race.

A lot of times you see people who know what and who they are voting for but when it comes to other elections they just vote for the "party" instead of the person they feel is most qualified.

So in the words of George Costanza's....That's It I'm Done!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
wrong forum.
I started this particular thread, so I think I'll post whatever I damn well please on it, thank you very much.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:58 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I started this particular thread, so I think I'll post whatever I damn well please on it, thank you very much.
so then you'd know that the link has nothing to do with SE WI light/heavy rail. In fact the article mentions absolutely nothing about mass transit in any part of the country.

just some right-wing propaganda

Old 09-17-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
so then you'd know that the link has nothing to do with SE WI light/heavy rail. In fact the article mentions absolutely nothing about mass transit in any part of the country.

just some right-wing propaganda
Are you slow? The article isn't "Right Wing propaganda" it's actually a very thoughtful analysis about why the Republicans keep losing elections. The article also talks about how Republicans do really bad among individuals under 30 and those with college educations. In case you've just arrived from another planet, I'm the farthest thing in the world from a conservative, I was simply responding to Milwaukee City's claim that uneducated people were responsible for twice electing Jim Doyle. You would know this if you actually took the time to read through these threads, rather than trolling my posts. Troll.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
I was simply responding to Milwaukee City's claim that uneducated people were responsible for twice electing Jim Doyle.
I think the people who elected Jim Doyle were people who just voted for the party instead of the candidate. When I speak of uneducated voters I mean people who only follow politics once every four years.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 PM

118 posts, read 437,090 times
Quote:
I think the people who elected Jim Doyle were people who just voted for the party instead of the candidate. When I speak of uneducated voters I mean people who only follow politics once every four years.
Right on both counts, MC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee