Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:41 AM

573 posts, read 1,050,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenaroundabit View Post
I was agreeing with you and wishing you well - because it IS no joke - until you decided to try to bring everyone else down to the level of those you were trying to gain sympathy for :roll eyes:.

First, not "any one" can simply "become" a felon. It's not that easy, and usually takes a lengthy series of extremely bad/unwise life choices to get to that point.

Second, "half of the police are felons?" Um...no. As a cop of 17+ years in multiple agencies, the only officers I've known who were "felons" were the bad cops who got caught, were convicted, and then fired. There are good cops and bad cops, and the ones who end up as criminals are almost always the only ones you hear about in the news. For every cop who gets caught doing something wrong, there are a thousand who did everything right that day. You just don't hear about it because it's not newsworthy.

A word to the wise: a lot of people have done things in the past that they wish they hadn't. Things they've had to pay for (in one way or another), which they now want to put behind them and overcome. The best way to do that is to own up to it, not dwell on it, and focus on being a better person. NOT by trying to bring others down to the same level, especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Felonies are hanged out like candy in this state.. Even if you didn't do anything wrong you could end up in a position where you would plead guilty over risking going to jail for a very long time because you dont have the money for a good lawyer and even if you did your not so convinced you will win because its not what you did its what you can and can not prove and how much money is in your bank account. I've spent time in jail for something that I did not do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,088 times
Unhappy Felony Friendly Housing

I have been in search of a place to stay for me and my sister. but because of the felony I have it's has been really hard to locate a place even since my felony was over 17 yrs ago.

My question to all of you is where can I find a two bedroom home in minneapolis mn ?

Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,088 times
Most only talk about putting things in the pass, but as you can tell by the post a felon is not able to put anything behind, why because non felon make sure it is always there, no matter if the felony was 5 yrs or 17 yrs in the pass. What happen when you serve your time paid your debt and live a life without crime as your bed-mate you will be a felon until you die and door will slam in your face because of it. So tell me that you as a cop have never done anything wrong or something that you don't want anyone else to know about? Does that make you better then a felon? Wrong is Wrong no matter if you got caught or not.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,745 times
I have the same issue. No felonies but Gross misdemeanors. Also 1 eviction 2 years ago. I work full time at same job over 7 years, no one seems to care. Any suggestions? 40 year old single female no children need 1 bedroom or efficiency.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:56 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Isn't one of the issues economic? There's a problem finding jobs for ex-cons (those who've been convicted and completed a sentence). I'm guessing an employer puts such candidates at the bottom of their list, not knowing if the prison sentence has really worked a change in the felon's mind. We call it "correctional", but I think that's just a label slapped on prisons eons ago and never challenged. Committing a crime is kind of a weather vane for the character of the person. Not to say that every felon is broken in some was that can't be fixed, but like addictions, the chance of backsliding is always hovering in the background. I think some sort of society-sponsored character therapy might be the only way to get an offender on the straight and narrow. Till then, maybe some special public housing is the only rational option.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
find a small privately owned place who'll rent who doesn't check criminal history, lol, but then again, those landlords are also probably stupid.
At one time, as law-abiding citizens, these felons had no problem passing criminal background checks, and landlords welcomed them with open arms! Yup, stupid landlords!! Little did they know........

Old 03-09-2014, 11:23 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Makes sense to screen applicants for various risks that could bite the landlord. In a prison town in California, released cons were getting housing along a stretch of street. And children would get grabbed walking home from school. And disappear. So the nature of the conviction matters a lot. You also don't want people selling drugs out of your building.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,539 times
I had a 6 bedroom house on contract 4 deed and $10,000 in on monthly payments....all to speaking out on police brutality and harassment and exploiting corrupted cases in the system.... they wrongfully imprisoned me for 40 days and it was resold up under my feet! want my place back and, truck, and money, i would never had any record if it wasn't for retaliation... have the proof needed to clear my name 4 and record....homeless shelters ain't free and left stranded....need temporary housing till...they get who ever out my house and validate the agreement to which i was in....or they all will loose power, control, authority, power, house, car and family too...I asked my GOD to return what they dished out.....need help and matter corrected or extinction will happen to whole, bloodline......and they will realize they mess with the wrong GOD Child....email me with temporary housing until the mean time thanks ...universalconnection777@gmail.com

Old 08-20-2014, 09:45 AM

264 posts, read 314,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator7 View Post
I had a 6 bedroom house on contract 4 deed and $10,000 in on monthly payments....all to speaking out on police brutality and harassment and exploiting corrupted cases in the system.... they wrongfully imprisoned me for 40 days and it was resold up under my feet! want my place back and, truck, and money, i would never had any record if it wasn't for retaliation... have the proof needed to clear my name 4 and record....homeless shelters ain't free and left stranded....need temporary housing till...they get who ever out my house and validate the agreement to which i was in....or they all will loose power, control, authority, power, house, car and family too...I asked my GOD to return what they dished out.....need help and matter corrected or extinction will happen to whole, bloodline......and they will realize they mess with the wrong GOD Child....email me with temporary housing until the mean time thanks ...universalconnection777@gmail.com
I am not sure mentioning extinction to a whole bloodline of people who (in your estimation) did you wrong is a good way to solicit for housing, or any help whatsoever. What if you decide your landlord did your wrong at some point?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator7 View Post
off the top of my head, can't think of any landlords that I hate enough to forward on to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul