Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,558 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My family and I are considering moving to Minneapolis from St.Louis. My employer will be downtown. We are apartment renters and will be looking for the same. Any advice on which suburb/area would be ideal in terms of :

1. Driving distance to downtown
2. Near grocery and other amenities
3. Safe area

Thanking you in advance for any tips on the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 05:29 PM

102 posts, read 467,971 times
You want to live in the suburbs? Just askin.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,466,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder123 View Post
Hi All,

My family and I are considering moving to Minneapolis from St.Louis. My employer will be downtown. We are apartment renters and will be looking for the same. Any advice on which suburb/area would be ideal in terms of :

1. Driving distance to downtown
2. Near grocery and other amenities
3. Safe area

Thanking you in advance for any tips on the same.

Depends on how much you want to/can spend, how much space you need and do you want to rent an apartment or a house? Also, how far are you willing to drive? Do you have kids and what will their needs be?

You could look in the Nokomis area which is definitely a nicer older neighbourhood, good driving distance and safe but a little lacking in grocery stores that are walking distance. Also can be noisy due to the airport. St Louis Park is a nice area but ditto on the shopping. You could try further out suburbs such as Bloomington which is very well served for amenities altho traffic into downtown from there can be horrendous. Eden Prairie, Minnetonka and Wayzata may be worth looking at but they're expensive. Downtown Minneapolis or the warehouse district would be really convenient but also pricey.

You could also try across the river in areas like Highland or Mac-Groveland. They are close to the river and it's pretty easy to get to Hwy 55/Hiawatha from there which will take you straight into downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul