Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,715,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
Ummm...so you're insisting I engage in a personal attack?

Oh, and once again you avoid my point, that being the thin veil you've been hiding behind for some time. Now that, my friend, is typical.
You've already engaged in personal attacks but have sidestepped the rules so far. At least we've identified something you hate about Minneapolis. Hah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 AM

871 posts, read 1,089,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
You've already engaged in personal attacks but have sidestepped the rules so far. At least we've identified something you hate about Minneapolis. Hah!
Keep avoiding the point, I guess it's your only way out.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:56 PM

I don't often post on the topic of race,and when I do it's usually from my perspective as a member of an interracial family where I get to see both sides if the issue. So you are welcome to put a cork in it anytime now, Theo.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I don't often post on the topic of race,and when I do it's usually from my perspective as a member of an interracial family where I get to see both sides if the issue. So you are welcome to put a cork in it anytime now, Theo.
I'm aware of your being a member of an interracial family from other posts you've made. That doesn't make you a saint immune to all criticism regarding your approach to issues of race. It's a sad fact which I've seen from personal experience that even people in disadvantaged groups can harbor biased attitudes. It's a common human flaw and the only real choice we have in the matter is to be willing to face up to it. Are you willing?

And finally, it's true that you don't post often on race. But the fact that you have taken great pains to avoid in our lengthy interactions on the matter is that every time you do, it is to call out someone who is calling out someone for being racist. You are compelled to object when you see someone do a personal attack, or in the case of your response to Grizzly where you claimed racism where there was none. My question to you has remained consistent: why are you compelled to speak out in these cases, but not against the racist remarks which started them? You have sidestepped this central, repeated question for a long time.

I suspect you will go on posting the way you do, and I will likely post the way I do regardless of how uncomfortable my challenges make you. In lieu of me putting a cork in it (not going to happen), either examine your attitudes about race or put me on ignore.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I'm aware of your being a member of an interracial family from other posts you've made. That doesn't make you a saint immune to all criticism regarding your approach to issues of race. It's a sad fact which I've seen from personal experience that even people in disadvantaged groups can harbor biased attitudes. It's a common human flaw and the only real choice we have in the matter is to be willing to face up to it. Are you willing?

And finally, it's true that you don't post often on race. But the fact that you have taken great pains to avoid in our lengthy interactions on the matter is that every time you do, it is to call out someone who is calling out someone for being racist. You are compelled to object when you see someone do a personal attack, or in the case of your response to Grizzly where you claimed racism where there was none. My question to you has remained consistent: why are you compelled to speak out in these cases, but not against the racist remarks which started them? You have sidestepped this central, repeated question for a long time.

I suspect you will go on posting the way you do, and I will likely post the way I do regardless of how uncomfortable my challenges make you. In lieu of me putting a cork in it (not going to happen), either examine your attitudes about race or put me on ignore.
I do not know how we can thank you for being the arbiter of all that is good and pure on racial issues, but as a token of my deep gratitude for your insight I will grant your long winded post an answer.

In all situations, I speak out for the underdog, the minority, and here in the Minnesota forum of C-D, the minority is often different than it is in society at large.

What do I dislike about Minneapolis? The groupthink and phony tolerance evident in this thread and which you have so aptly personified.

That should suffice and end our rather unpleasant interaction here. Have a pleasant holiday.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
In all situations, I speak out for the underdog, the minority, and here in the Minnesota forum of C-D, the minority is often different than it is in society at large.
Wow. I hope that rationale works for you. Please ride in on your white horse if the forum gangs up on a child molestor since it makes you feel nifty.

Quote:
What do I dislike about Minneapolis? The groupthink and phony tolerance evident in this thread and which you have so aptly personified.
Yes, you're quite comfy when people don't speak out against racism. That's been the story all along. I was hoping we could move on to the 'why'.

Quote:
That should suffice and end our rather unpleasant interaction here. Have a pleasant holiday.
Likewise.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Wow. I hope that rationale works for you. Please ride in on your white horse if the forum gangs up on a child molestor since it makes you feel nifty.

Yes, you're quite comfy when people don't speak out against racism. That's been the story all along. I was hoping we could move on to the 'why'.

Likewise.
We're done here.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:33 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I've asked you numerous times to prove it; you can't - you just throw your 'r' word around because it's the cheap easy way to argue your baseless claim.

The basis of my first post in this thread was against immigration - there was no indication of race in the post. Yet you and your faction here continue to rail me for being something I'm not. It's disgusting and cheap. As I said, why don't you and your faction just MOVE ALONG.

BTW, where are you from? You and your faction make all these baseless claims yet don't even have the stones to indicate where you reside.
Quote:
Keep avoiding the point, I guess it's your only way out.
As I suspected.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:44 PM

I don't really feel any need to respond, Govie. I'll let people who read the thread make their own estimation.

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, Glenfield sent me a juvenile, nasty PM. What class.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:13 PM

You poisoned the thread with your personal attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul