Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 01:49 PM

127 posts, read 213,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgatsby View Post
The uber-liberal, clueless, pretentious
idiots that inhabit this place!!!!
Do you inhabit this place? If so, why don't you move?

We are happy with lake of the lsles, lake harriet, cedar lake, brownie lake, minnehaha creek, lake nakomis, cross country skiing, our culture, winter, the loppet, the rink at lake of the isles, our high per capita income, our educated people, our orchestra, our theaters, first avenue, northeast, uptown, downtown, St. Anthony main, the fact that we aren't scared of gay people, the guthrie, the stone arch bridge, Theodore wirth park, The dog parks, the trail system, the walker, the Minneapolis institute of arts, the museum of russian art, eat street, Jax, target field, restaurant alma, bar la grassa, burch, house of balls, monte Carlo, north loop neighborhood, kenwood, linden hills, Powderhorn park, the falls, tin fish, sailing, fishing, biking, parks......and a bunch of other stuff.

You are a sad, sad person.........I feel bad that you aren't successful enough to live where you want, but instead of bashing successful people like us, why don't you get your act together, make some money and move to Fargo or oklahoma city and start a thread there about their amazing quality of life.

Sorry, perhaps i should have used 3 exclamation points or all caps.....then my point would taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 02:18 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,728,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgatsby View Post
The uber-liberal, clueless, pretentious
idiots that inhabit this place!!!!
If you read one of the other threads, you'll discover that some find the Twin Cities to be uber-conservative. Funny how two different people have such different experiences!

I will agree that there can at times be a smug, liberal pretentiousness here. It's not as bad as in some cities, but it does exist. And I say that as an uber-liberal (albeit not, I hope, clueless, pretentious, or an idiot) myself.

Old 12-06-2014, 05:18 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,710 times
Minneapolis proper? The fact they "allow" all kinds of homeless, crack addicts to inhabit the downtown area (Loring park, namely).

The whole metro? The roads; the conditions, layout, names (394,494,94, 694, 35e and 35w when they go north and south or whatever...), cloverleaf on/off ramps, the fact there is no specific exit/entrance lane for merging. Funny too because I just read an article about how the Millenials are not driving as much... perhaps the fact the interstate systems and roads are from decades ago could have something to do with it...

Now mind you my likes wayyyy outweigh my dislikes!

Old 12-06-2014, 07:38 PM

127 posts, read 213,897 times
I hate how the city "allows" "dog poop". I also hate that "streets" have numbers and people wear weird hats.

Oh, and homeless people should be rounded up and sent to "camp", not live their glamorous lifestyle for all to see. It is just bad form with their bad teeth and everything. I really wish they'd just become accountants.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:33 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,706,972 times
If you hate the highways in the Twin Cities I'll invite you to drive ion the freeways in Atlanta, Chicago, DC Metro, LA, NYC etc.

Yes the clover leafs suck. But honestly the number of highways and frequent access points are WELCOME compared to many metros.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 PM

369 posts, read 633,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post

The whole metro? The roads; the conditions, layout, names (394,494,94, 694, 35e and 35w when they go north and south or whatever...)!
Um, you do realize that 35E and 35W are named because of which side they are in the Metro? I-35 splits south of the Twin Cities. One goes toward St. Paul (35E) and one goes toward Minneapolis (35W). The E and W do not indicate their direction, they refer to where they physically are.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:30 PM

2,891 posts, read 2,139,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Minneapolis proper? The fact they "allow" all kinds of homeless, crack addicts to inhabit the downtown area (Loring park, namely).

The whole metro? The roads; the conditions, layout, names (394,494,94, 694, 35e and 35w when they go north and south or whatever...), cloverleaf on/off ramps, the fact there is no specific exit/entrance lane for merging. Funny too because I just read an article about how the Millenials are not driving as much... perhaps the fact the interstate systems and roads are from decades ago could have something to do with it...

Now mind you my likes wayyyy outweigh my dislikes!
of course 35E and 35W go north/south. they are odd numbered.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:37 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain of Lakes View Post
I hate how the city "allows" "dog poop". I also hate that "streets" have numbers and people wear weird hats.

Oh, and homeless people should be rounded up and sent to "camp", not live their glamorous lifestyle for all to see. It is just bad form with their bad teeth and everything. I really wish they'd just become accountants.
Hahaha, I know....I love how people are seemingly jealous of the homeless, like they're somehow laughing all the way to the bank at the end of a long day of begging on the streets (if they beg at all)! Nobody's "winning" here.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:48 AM

351 posts, read 491,831 times
I like the opportunities available - employment, education, theater, shopping, etc.

I hate the winters. I don't mind the snow, but I hate hate hate the cold.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,916,628 times
1. lack of decent restaraunts in the suburbs. seems like all the good ones are in the twin cities

2. cant find one decent grocery store. i wish i could find one grocery store that fits all my needs. but i have to go to cub, aldi's, sams club and i may even try trader joes.

3. daycare is way too expensive and i make too much to get assistance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul