Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 09:27 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,144,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
...sorry to hear of your loss

for the OP, from my personal experience, I would suggest hanging out at bars along the 494 strip like Eddie Websters, Howard Wongs, Stone Wings, Chi Chis and The Rusty Scupper. Say hiya to Tommy Kramer if you see him and tell him to wipe that white stuff off his nose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 04:47 PM

14 posts, read 21,974 times
Quote:

for the OP, from my personal experience, I would suggest hanging out at bars along the 494 strip like Eddie Websters, Howard Wongs, Stone Wings, Chi Chis and The Rusty Scupper. Say hiya to Tommy Kramer if you see him and tell him to wipe that white stuff off his nose.
Yeah, maybe I'll hit Studio 54 too.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:09 AM

71 posts, read 193,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I've gone and entered this demographic four months ago when my wife passed. I can't even answer the OP's questions.

I'd suggest dating apps.
So sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. I lost my husband when I was 29, which was 12 years ago. It's not easy putting yourself back out there. I wish you happiness as well.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,276 times
I'm a sixty-year-old woman moving to Minneapolis hopefully by next year. I myself was researching what the scene was for older adults in a state like Minnesota where families are large end relatively stable. I am moving from another much larger metropolitan area.
I saw the low response you received here and thought I would respond to give you hope. I'm not in love with skiing and I'm actually looking for both a synagogue and possibly a Unitarian or Methodist church because my family is mixed. Mostly for the community aspect of it.

I never really liked bars for meeting people, although I like to drink with friends. I plan to look for an improv group as I've always done theater and Improv as a side hobby. I would suggest meetup.com for specialty groups of your interests.

I really love Minneapolis and I wish you the best. Good luck to you.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:47 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
A Christian who's going to attend Living Word and bar hop simultaneously?

Sorry, that's really running both ends of the spectrum and just doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
A Christian who's going to attend Living Word and bar hop simultaneously?

Sorry, that's really running both ends of the spectrum and just doesn't seem like a recipe for success.
With all due respect, most christians even those of the evangelical stripe drink alcohol and drinking wine is actually, well biblical. So going to a bar does not disqualify you from being a Christian. I believe Southern Baptists have an issue with it and maybe a few others but for most denominations, it is not an issue at all. I think if it becomes a habitual problem that cannot become controlled then yes, you are making an idol of it and yes, that would not be a "recipe for success." I don't drink until I pass out or hang out in bars all the time but going to one occasionally or even once a week is not in conflict with my faith.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnieapple View Post
I'm a sixty-year-old woman moving to Minneapolis hopefully by next year. I myself was researching what the scene was for older adults in a state like Minnesota where families are large end relatively stable. I am moving from another much larger metropolitan area.
I saw the low response you received here and thought I would respond to give you hope. I'm not in love with skiing and I'm actually looking for both a synagogue and possibly a Unitarian or Methodist church because my family is mixed. Mostly for the community aspect of it.

I never really liked bars for meeting people, although I like to drink with friends. I plan to look for an improv group as I've always done theater and Improv as a side hobby. I would suggest meetup.com for specialty groups of your interests.

I really love Minneapolis and I wish you the best. Good luck to you.
Thanks, Minnie for your response and suggestions. Since moving here I actually have tried the meetup groups and they have been really fun and I have explored some interests that way though I have met mostly platonic friends through them.

So just to update this post, I ended up purchasing a place in downtown Minneapolis and I'm really enjoying urban life and have met many people esp. now that it is summer. It's just an amazing, vibrant area to live. I've had to adapt to the crime, but I wasn't expecting it to be the suburbs either. Work is going well and I'm adapting to my new life and home. Mpls is amazing!

I started dating through social media (Bumble, Zoosk, OkCupid, eharmony) and established a pretty healthy dating life (at times, it was even overwhelming) and I'm now dating one person seriously who matches me very well - a Christian too. So the lesson learned with respect to my original post is that there really are no physical places that people of my demographic hang out. We're all pretty scattered. You have to find them online first. It's that simple.

Thanks again for your response.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,276 times
Good for you. I'm becoming more familiar with Minnie. I haven't seen any crime just some poorer neighborhoods. But I've lived in NYC all my life. So I might be immune, lol! I hope you've only had, and will have good things coming to you.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:53 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:

Sure, hit the Thunderbird too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul