Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 03:36 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,072,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
13% (less than that, since the entire pop of that demographic doesn't commit crimes) do commit the majority of violent crime in America. That's a verifiable fact.

(I didn't leave that comment - not even sure what the second part of that comment even means, to be honest, it's incoherent.)

If we can't even have an honest discussion about who's committing majority of violent crime, why even bother?
Can you cite your source? Thanks.

Old 05-16-2021, 04:24 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post

There are plenty of sources out there. 70%+ of all violent crime in America are carried out by a certain demographic. I'll let you try to figure out which demo...

Old 05-16-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
13% (less than that, since the entire pop of that demographic doesn't commit crimes) do commit the majority of violent crime in America. That's a verifiable fact.

(I didn't leave that comment - not even sure what the second part of that comment even means, to be honest, it's incoherent.)

If we can't even have an honest discussion about who's committing majority of violent crime, why even bother?
Quote:
Quote:
There are plenty of sources out there. 70%+ of all violent crime in America are carried out by a certain demographic. I'll let you try to figure out which demo...
You cannot cite your source or not willing to cite your source?

Old 05-16-2021, 05:14 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Importing a bunch of Somali refugees during the 90s didn’t help......just saying

thisx1000

Old 05-16-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
You cannot cite your source or not willing to cite your source?
Since it might be political in nature, I gave you a link in a rep.

That's just one. There are others. Google I can see now is distorting their search results to filter out those sources they deem "offensive" (or whatever), or they claim it is "white supremacy" to point out the race of violent criminals (which is nonsense because we all know white people commit violent crimes too).

Old 05-16-2021, 07:59 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,344,596 times
Quote:

That's just one. There are others. Google I can see now is distorting their search results to filter out those sources they deem "offensive" (or whatever), or they claim it is "white supremacy" to point out the race of violent criminals (which is nonsense because we all know white people commit violent crimes too).
I don't know what link you shared but it's wrong if it says 70% of violent crime are committed by Blacks in the US.
Non-Hispanic Blacks commit about 33% of all violent crime in the US. Almost 3 times their share of the population but less than half what you said. Blacks (including black Hispanics) commit about 50% of murders in the US.

All data are 2018

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/revcoa18.pdf

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-6.xls

Old 05-16-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

The source you posted in your rep is one you may want to research a bit more. To say he is biased and controversial is under-selling it.

Last edited by WoodburyWoody; 05-16-2021 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-16-2021, 08:32 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,915,097 times
Disclaimer: I have not bothered to read through 10 pages of CD posts.

But I giggle at the premise of the thread. No, no one with any metro experience anywhere in the world (small to major) considers Minneapolis a hotbed of crime. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Thanks.

The source you posted in your rep is one you may want to research a bit more. To say he is biased and controversial is under-selling it.
The FBI site is biased. They actually put Latinos who commit violent crime in with whites. That's about as dishonest as it gets.

On an anecdotal level, I watch the news daily. Of all the murders I see on the news here in the TC (and greater MN), the race of the perpetrators are generally pretty consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
I don't know what link you shared but it's wrong if it says 70% of violent crime are committed by Blacks in the US.
Non-Hispanic Blacks commit about 33% of all violent crime in the US. Almost 3 times their share of the population but less than half what you said. Blacks (including black Hispanics) commit about 50% of murders in the US.

All data are 2018

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/revcoa18.pdf

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-6.xls
Do you see a glaring problem with your second link? I'll let you try to figure it out, but it's pretty obvious...

Old 05-17-2021, 05:19 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,278,653 times
I drove through the Cedar Riverside area recently during the daytime. It looked like a war zone with all the boarded up store fronts. I would not drive through that area at night. I didn’t try driving through south Minneapolis. I’m guessing that also looks like a war zone with boarded up store fronts. I don’t know who would want to live in that kind of an environment. Certainly not a respectable US tax paying law abiding citizen. I’m guessing that those areas are filled with criminals, anarchists, and trouble makers at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul