Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:27 PM

36 posts, read 171,018 times

Advertisements

I can't think of a better way to describe the Jackson metro area. Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 06:40 PM

3 posts, read 7,049 times
I have lived in Mississippi all my life. I am an African American. I grew up in rural Mississippi as a child my neighbors were both black and white. I currently live in the Metro Jackson Area, not Jackson, my neighbors are black and white. In regards to integrated neighbors in Mississippi, they are everywhere. Mississippi is not backwoods as people like to think. I am an ex-educator. I have had taught hispanics, asians, blacks, and whites. Racist exists internationally. So to answer your question, intergrated neighborhoods do exist in Mississippi. We are a diverse state!!

Moderator cut: no personal websites or referral websites on forum

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-06-2007 at 02:12 AM..

Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassjsu View Post
I have lived in Mississippi all my life. I am an African American. I grew up in rural Mississippi as a child my neighbors were both black and white. I currently live in the Metro Jackson Area, not Jackson, my neighbors are black and white. In regards to integrated neighbors in Mississippi, they are everywhere. Mississippi is not backwoods as people like to think. I am an ex-educator. I have had taught hispanics, asians, blacks, and whites. Racist exists internationally. So to answer your question, intergrated neighborhoods do exist in Mississippi. We are a diverse state!!

Sensational Image Consulting - Home

Thank you!!! I have heard alot of good comments about Mississippi. Mississippi is not any different from any other state. I think Mississippi history gives it a bad rap. I look forward to moving down there in the near future and starting our church. God Bless each and every one of you.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 PM

6 posts, read 27,507 times
someone asked me privately about the reference I gave for Kentucky being the most integrated state. I would have posted the link, but it was too long. I thought others might like to know.
However, I saw Kentucky mentioned on several sites just now when I did the same search again on Google. One will find it easiest if you use quotation marks and be sure to spell integration correctly, not "intergration" as it has been called many times in this thread. THe search I did is for "the most integrated state". There were several sources that claim Kentucky is the most integrated...including Harvard grad school news.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:05 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,973 times
I live in an integrated neighborhood in Mississippi. In Hattiesburg within the city limits there are many mixed neighborhoods.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:17 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
I live in an integrated neighborhood in Mississippi. In Hattiesburg within the city limits there are many mixed neighborhoods.

Do you ever see Brett Favre during the off season? Ha! Ha! I hear Hattiesburg is a nice area. Thanks for your imput. I have to take a closer look at Hattiesburg.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:47 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,973 times
Actually, Brett Favre is highly visible here and what a nice guy. I saw him play in school and didn't have a clue he would be so great. He is a great role model unlike many others who could be.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 PM

739 posts, read 2,185,750 times
Phil, or any others who might know,

Could you tell me more about the Fondren and Belhaven neighborhoods in Jackson, what streets are in there, or the boundary streets? Thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 04:59 AM

268 posts, read 1,014,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
I'm just saying I want my kids to grow up around all races, that is how heaven will be. I think people really need to hear people out more, before they go on the attack. Where's the southern hospitality? I am making an observation from when I was in Mississippi. I have been making trips down there my entire life. I have visited Attala County, Leake County, Madison County, Hinds County, Rankin County, Holmes County, and many others I can not remember. I'm not trying to offend anyone, sorry if I did. I was just wondering, so calm down.

Come down to the Coast. Sure, there are black neighborhoods and white neighborhoods, but there alot of integrated ones as well. In addition, schools are integrated. I teach in 50/50 black white school. If you want to see alot of races, the Coast is a place in Mississippi to be. There are alot of communities with black, white, Asian......I have met people from all over the world in South Mississippi. With our universities, we are a very diverse area.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:12 AM

739 posts, read 2,185,750 times
What are the good towns on the coast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi