Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 06:59 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Well fellow Missourians, greetings from the Sunshine State! We are visiting our youngest son and grandson for a few days and have been here since Thursday evening. Wonderful time so far. The weather here is a lot warmer than in Missouri: 54 in my area at home and 75 here in Jacksonville! Anad 46 in the town we will be visiting later this week. Hey, try packing for these changes!!!!!! See y'all later. Take care.
You may have missed out on an early frost. I have a light one this morning. 3 weeks ahead of schedule this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:37 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Cool Glad to be home...

Spent last week in New York City with my sisters & mom...it was awesome but I'm so glad to be back to my little corner of Missouri I could KISS the ground!

I went shopping twice, and after wasting half a day looking at overpriced weird designer clothes, I have resigned myself to being a bumpkin. When I got home, I went to TJ Maxx & spent my "NY souvenir" money.

Love you all!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:44 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Default I hear ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Spent last week in New York City with my sisters & mom...it was awesome but I'm so glad to be back to my little corner of Missouri I could KISS the ground!

I went shopping twice, and after wasting half a day looking at overpriced weird designer clothes, I have resigned myself to being a bumpkin. When I got home, I went to TJ Maxx & spent my "NY souvenir" money.

Love you all!

I think we are in the same boat and the fish don't bite any better whether you are wearing designer jeans or Wranglers. I'll opt for the Wranglers. Then I'll have money for bait and gas.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Hello Lake Junkie.......Hope that your NYC trip was enjoyable. I've never been there. Maybe some day. I like to 'shop' when ever we travel, but never ever bu designer labels or high priced items. Like to save our money for restaurants and entertainment!!! Faded Glory jeans are nice. Take care Missourians. Hope to be home next Monday or so. Missing our hills, lake, and oak and maple trees even tho'; they are in abundance here. See 'all later. Hugs to all.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:21 PM

Smile New York City!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Hello Lake Junkie.......Hope that your NYC trip was enjoyable. I've never been there. Maybe some day. I like to 'shop' when ever we travel, but never ever bu designer labels or high priced items. Like to save our money for restaurants and entertainment!!! Faded Glory jeans are nice. Take care Missourians. Hope to be home next Monday or so. Missing our hills, lake, and oak and maple trees even tho'; they are in abundance here. See 'all later. Hugs to all.
It WAS very cool to see a lot of the things we've all seen in movies all our lives...the food was amazing...and it was especially cool to spend 5 days with my mom & sisters.

But after riding the subway and careening around in taxis for 5 days, I was ready to kiss the Ozarks ground.

Love being home.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:08 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Just got back from Jeff City yesterday.

Beautiful city. And the last day the clouds finally cleared out. Pretty cold for October, though.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 AM

Exclamation Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

We're reviving the Over The Fence Coffee Club...originally started a couple of years ago as a "Branson Newcomers Club"...but open to anyone who can get there!

NEWCOMERS WELCOME!

Be there: Monday, November 2, at 10 am at the Starbucks at Target in Branson Hills...65 to Bee Creek Road/Branson Hills Parkway, turn right & then right into the Target/Home Depot parking lot.

We'll be the fun group with the silly names.

OVER THE FENCE COFFEE CLUB Part II

Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,507 times
Kick back kind of day raining,setting around in Sweats,drinking Coffee,watching T.V. and playing on the Computer.

hillman

Old 10-24-2009, 03:20 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
So if they don't recognize a name, the reaction is a "blank look". If they do, they light up and start talking?

Sorry, that's no better than the coldness you described on the elevator of the doctor's office in St. Louis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu2pomona View Post
I don't think that's what was meant. A "blank look" would only indicate that the listener didn't recognize the name, not that they were shunning her.

I've found people to be just as friendly here as anywhere. 'Course, I'm a type 3 personality - not one bit shy.

I speak to people in the line at the grocery store, talk to the folks seated next to me at events (if appropriate), or anywhere the opportunity might arise. I have a good ear for inflections, and can usually tell what part of the country folks are from by talking with them for a few moments. As a result we've made lots of friends who've moved here, just like us. On the flip side, I've also had the pleasure of meeting people whose families have lived in Missouri for generations and many of them have become friends, too.
I have to agree with Nu2Pomona on this one, MoNative. It was clear that the chatter was already going on before learning the name, whether familiar or not. It seems the conversation just got especially lively upon learning she is a family member of a friend. I imagine after the initial "blank look", they would go on to learn about how she(?) (Arundel) happened to move there. At least, that's what happens with me...except most of the people I meet are also transplants...and most are from California...just like me! Imagine that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Long story but I found out today I have a 5 year old Granddaughter I didn't know I had.

hillman
Congratulations, Hillman! I can see from the conversation that has followed that it was somewhat of a good news/bad news story...and that the good news won out. I hope there are some visits in store for your near future and that her Daddy recovers, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
We're reviving the Over The Fence Coffee Club...originally started a couple of years ago as a "Branson Newcomers Club"...but open to anyone who can get there!

NEWCOMERS WELCOME!

Be there: Monday, November 2, at 10 am at the Starbucks at Target in Branson Hills...65 to Bee Creek Road/Branson Hills Parkway, turn right & then right into the Target/Home Depot parking lot.

We'll be the fun group with the silly names.

OVER THE FENCE COFFEE CLUB Part II
Yup, that's part of the fun, isn't it L J? It's so fun to learn the real names and the faces that go along with these funny names of ours.

Oh...and we usually sit at the back of that room since we're all talking at once and kind of noisy with all our chatter and laughter!

Ya'll come now, ya hear???

Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,507 times
Well our Cabin is looking more like a place to stay.Bought a Hide Away bed for it at Salvation Army for $49 its in good shape and solid.So have a place to sleep and set.Got refridgerator,Stove,Toilet.

Still need to get a Heater and I would like to get a T.V.

I'm wanting to build a Shed to store stuff in and put Fence up to where I can bring my Dogs.Going to build on to the Cabin another 12'X28' which will give two more rooms.

Drove around looking for more Hunting and Fishing,there is around 60,000 acres there.

hillman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri