Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:29 PM

82 posts, read 200,748 times

Advertisements

I have recently interviewed for a position in Hamilton. I am 29, married, and without children. I am curious as to what types of rental opportunities exist in the area, i.e. apartments, houses, cottages, etc. Our tentative price range would be between $600-700 per month, or lower if decent options exist. My wife would also be looking for work in the childcare industry if I took the job, and searches for related employment in the area haven't yielded much. Is it more advantageous to commute to Hamilton from Missoula and have my wife search in that area, housing also considered, or is the Hamilton area an overall better bet?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Welcome to the forum!

You might do a search (upper right) for Hamilton, there have been several threads about it in the recent past. Might find some answers or ideas.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:11 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times
I've not spent much time in Hamilton, so take the following words with a grain of salt... It's my understanding that the are has had large areas of land purchased by (sorry I know I say this often) Californians... (I know, you've all heard it before from me... but just sayin!!)

Old 08-28-2010, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the input. I've been on City-Data for a couple years now, but forgot my password after a while of posting (not browsing) inactivity and had trouble retreiving it through the system, so I just decided it would be easier to create a new account. I've browsed all posts on the Hamilton page, and will take another look to see what's there.
I'm also an outdoor enthusiast, and am slowly bringing my wife on board as well! Looks like this area abounds with opportunities!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 AM

Timberwolf, I am a Californian...but have been tamed by the Pacific Northwest for the past 14 years!

Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 PM

214 posts, read 601,861 times
You wouldn't want your wife to commute to Missoula every day. I'm sure some people do it but it's tuff. Our rte. 93 is a 'yikes, look out!' road. You shouldn't have a hard time finding a descent place to rent in Hamilton and keep in mind, that half the town is up for sale, too.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYak View Post
I have recently interviewed for a position in Hamilton. I am 29, married, and without children. I am curious as to what types of rental opportunities exist in the area, i.e. apartments, houses, cottages, etc. Our tentative price range would be between $600-700 per month, or lower if decent options exist. My wife would also be looking for work in the childcare industry if I took the job, and searches for related employment in the area haven't yielded much. Is it more advantageous to commute to Hamilton from Missoula and have my wife search in that area, housing also considered, or is the Hamilton area an overall better bet?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Go to: RavalliRepublic.com > Market Place> Classified > Rentals.

Quite a few furnished and unfurnished in your price range.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:27 AM

152 posts, read 330,953 times
You can easily pick up a home to rent in your price range. Missoula is likely more expensive to rent because of the University, and the selection is likely more limited for the same reason.

Your wife may have to think outside the box, but I doubt what she would find in Missoula would outweigh the time and money lost by commuting that far.

There are other towns such as Darby, Corvallis, Victor, even Stevi to consider.

Here is a link to one of the local property management companies:
Cardinal Properties - Bitterroot Valley property management and vacation rentals.

What sort of child care work does your wife do?

Bona Fortuna!

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:40 PM

Hi. this is his wife. Thank you for the info. I am a 2 year old teacher right now and have experience with 1-5 year olds. I am looking for a job that allows me to work with young children.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 AM

152 posts, read 330,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYak View Post
Hi. this is his wife. Thank you for the info. I am a 2 year old teacher right now and have experience with 1-5 year olds. I am looking for a job that allows me to work with young children.

You should give Evergreen Montessori a try. They were a little short handed at the end of the Spring semester, but things likely fill quickly in the current market. There are several preschools around you should contact; most of which are associated with a church. There are no chain entities here such as Kindercare. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana