Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

So, did you buy the dynamite????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, did you buy the dynamite????
Well, it was the fourth of July

Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times
I was told to not go near Indian Reservations around the beginning of the month when they get paid because they like to spend that money on getting truck and shooting their guns. Is this true? Sad to know that the Native Americans weren't given the chance to rebound after our gov'ts genocide against them. I believe their means are still limited and restricted to this day. And I find their past culture far more fascinating than our own. Their's is one to be proud of while the white's is not NOT to be proud of. Just my opinion though.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Really, none of our history is anything to be proud of? That's quite the statement....
As for the shooting thing, I don't live there but would need more than rumor to believe something like that!
As for not having the chance to rebound, if that's the case how do you explain the many promenant tribal people that have emerged to date? Dumb luck? Or, more likely the will and persiverance needed to improve themselves and better their life and others as well, not to mention the res has some of the best schools in the state according to the latest stats.....

Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 PM

7 posts, read 46,081 times
Reply to WyattE:
That is not true. Natives on the reservation do get money but they don't go around in their trucks, shooting guns. don't judge it by what u hear. you are right about the government and genocide. your opinion is great. Poplar Guard-out.

Last edited by Poplar Guard; 10-29-2007 at 02:31 PM..

Old 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
During the 70's and 80's I went through the Browning area quite a few times. I had a good friend that taught school on the reservation so I spent a few weekends there doing the fishing and hunting thing. The only time I ever had any problems was a couple of incidents in bars but I think it is a Universal Law that if you want to stay out of trouble AVOID BARS LOL. Maybe total outsiders would have a different experience but that is the same just about anywhere you go.

Oh I did have a run in with a very hungry and unfriendly Black Bear just West of there on the top of Glacier Pass but that is another story.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I was told to not go near Indian Reservations around the beginning of the month when they get paid because they like to spend that money on getting truck and shooting their guns. Is this true? Sad to know that the Native Americans weren't given the chance to rebound after our gov'ts genocide against them. I believe their means are still limited and restricted to this day. And I find their past culture far more fascinating than our own. Their's is one to be proud of while the white's is not NOT to be proud of. Just my opinion though.
I think you might want to paint a different picture bud. The folks on the reservation are just folks. Neighbors. Friends. Relatives.

I'll go on any reservation and meet friends and neighbors.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:36 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Default Shooting guns ?

I have lived on the Flathead reseration for about ten years now and I have never heard anyone or heared of anyone shooting guns while drunk at the first of the month. That may happen somewhere, sometime but certainly isn't something that is common here. That being said, Browning is nothing like any town here on the Flathead reservation, it is poor and it is rough. I was harassed and picked on by a guy just while driving through Browning once.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:04 AM

339 posts, read 1,167,050 times
About 8 years ago my kids and I drove through Glacier and stopped in Browning. They will never forget the number of bugs that decended on us as we tried to wash the windows and get gas. Now seventeen, my oldest daughter still shrieks and the though of that night, remembering how I pumped $3 in gas before yelling "save yourselves" as I told every one to get in the car. In the few minutes we were out of the car my daughters friend collected 40 bug bites.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:36 AM

44 posts, read 133,272 times
Well I see that there are some real red necks left in the USA Instead of bashing Browning you should see if you could do any thing to help people and please do not come to Wyoming The Arapaho and Shoshone's Live here and are wonderful People I am Offended by your crap about our First Nation People but ignorance wears many suits "mod cut".

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12-10-2007 at 07:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana